Advice needed!

ConfusedGirl

Hi everyone. Today is the start of my fourth week. Also today is my first ever red day and i really need some ideas on what to eat!

I was planning on sticking to green days only but my weight loss is not going to well:

Week 1 - lost 2 lbs
Week 2 - stayed the same (was T.O.M duno if that matters)
Week 3 - lost 1 lb

I have only got about 1 stone to lose but it seems to be going so slowly and i thought you were supposed to lose more in the first few weeks? Am i doing something wrong maybe?

I go to the gym 4 times a week and do half an hour walking on the treadmill and then go on a few of the other machines that are for toning your belly.

I really want this to work, it is so disheartening when you only lose 1lb and you've tried so hard through the week :(

Also how many syns does everyone have?

I am trying to have around 8 - 10 a day as i was only having around 2 each day and was craving choc etc a bit!

Thankyou xx

I have only got about 1 stone to lose but it seems to be going so slowly and i thought you were supposed to lose more in the first few weeks? Am i doing something wrong maybe?

I go to the gym 4 times a week and do half an hour walking on the treadmill and then go on a few of the other machines that are for toning your belly.

I really want this to work, it is so disheartening when you only lose 1lb and you've tried so hard through the week :(

Also how many syns does everyone have?

I am trying to have around 8 - 10 a day as i was only having around 2 each day and was craving choc etc a bit!

Thankyou xx

hey, .. firstly.. with all the exercise you are doing, could it be muscle gain???

secondly, yes some people do lose weight quickly in the first week, but sw is not about fast weight loss but more about stable, and long lasting weight loss, so if you only have a stone to loose, then you should expect maybe only between 1-2 pounds a week.

Personally i know how it feels to think about how much work you put in and expect bigger losses, but i am always happy with 1 pound off, cause its somthing.. and it sounds like your weightloss is going well and sustainable. Just be a lil more patient ;)
.. but maybe red days may help.. or ee? i dont think either plan works better but i spose it could do for some people? but it doesnt perticuarly make a difference for me.

i use around 7-12 syns a day if not more.. but always stick within the weeks 105 limit unless iv gone completly crazy lol

curly wurly barsa 6 syn for a low choc option.. or even a cadbury highlights sachet for 2syns for a weak moment lol

you could post up a food diary if you think you may be doing somthing wrong...

but in my opinion. im sure your fine.. just be patient and enjoy and it will come off.. and stay off!

lots of love xxxx

oo just a quick add, i was 14 stone 8.5 pounds when i joined, so ob vs had a fair bit to loose. i did loose 3 pounds in my first week.. but the second week i lost a pound and the week after i gained a pound! ... where as some woman who have loads to lose can lose 6 pounds in thier first week.. and those who only have a stone or so, will do the same as you..

xxxxxxxxx

When I joined I had a stone and a half to lose - it's been coming off a pound at a time most weeks, with the odd 2lb loss and then some STS. Did some maths just now and my average per week is 0.75 lbs - it doesn't really bother me as I believe that I'm eating a sustainable diet, that isn't a 'diet' (if that makes any sense).

I see lots of people who can lose 4+ lbs a week, but I know I'm just not one of them.

It might be worth trying more red days or EE?

Im guessing if u only have a stone to lose its going to be harder to shift, and ur results have shown u are u losing weight, albiet at a steady pace. 2 pounds is good for ur first week it shows your right on track. i lost 10 1/2 pounds in my first week, but im sure i have alot more to lose lol. its sounds like you're doing everything right. so keep with it and you'll reach your goal.
im on red today. had a chicken salad for lunch and got a gammon steak for later. if u dont fancy cooking, why not eat out. i often have a mix grill when i eat, swap the chips for a jacket potato and becareful of the sausages they're about 5-6 syns each. almost feels like I'm cheating when i order them lol

Thanks for your replies.

Fern: You're right i do need to be patient hehe i just like things to happen fast! lol! I suppose a small loss is better than no loss at all or a gain lol. To be honest i am suprised i haven't gained, all that pasta, rice etc haha! For my choc fix i have a freddo 5.5 syns, on a sat night haha!
wow fern just read that youve lost 4 stone, thats brilliant!! Well done!!
I have posted last weeks food diary in the slimming world section, i think it was about 1 day ago. I think its named can someone please check my food diary, lol.

Paperclip: Im glad to hear it seems to be normal to only lose 1lb a week. I am gonna try to do 4 green days a week and 3 red days. I dont really understand the EE.

Wow andy 10 and half lbs your first week! Thats amazing, well done!!

I cudnt really go out to eat a mixed grill as i dont really like that many meats lol. I like chicken, turkey, bacon, quorn sausages, quorn mince and things like that but not really a fan of steaks etc.

This is what i've had today, does it sound ok? If not what can be changed? Bearing in mind tho i only decided to have a red day this morning and didnt have much in as have only shopped for green days lol.

Brek: Weetabix, milk. A+B
Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 bits of bacon, 2 slices of wafer thin ham, cottage cheese.
And i am about to make this for tea:
2 slices brown nible bread, 1 or 2 laughin cow extra light triangles (instead of butter lol) ham, cucumber.

Been snacking on oranges lol.

I would add loads of free veg and fruit to your day. Don't be frightened to eat all the free stuff, it keeps your system going and gives you loads of vitamins and minerals plus fibre and relatively few calories and stops you feeling hungry.

I went out today and had a lovely roast dinner at Toby Mmmmmmmm. I syn'd the cranberry sauce and gravy and one stuffing ball and was really good and had no pots or parsnips. But I had loads of vegs that were free. My son had my free ice cream which strangly did not appeal to me one little bit. my taste buds are changing I recond I love ice cream but I had no pang for even to have a spoonful.

Phil x

Brek: Weetabix, milk. A+B
Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 bits of bacon, 2 slices of wafer thin ham, cottage cheese.
And i am about to make this for tea:
2 slices brown nible bread, 1 or 2 laughin cow extra light triangles (instead of butter lol) ham, cucumber.

Are you having any syns? Personally I'd say you're not eating enough, especially for dinner, although I can understand that if it's a one off because you don't have anything in the cupboards. Normal healthy people don't tend to have sandwiches for dinner, and neither should we!

Do you go to classes? If so, have a look on the website and look at some of the red day recipes - good inspiration if nothing else.

I went out today and had a lovely roast dinner at Toby Mmmmmmmm. I syn'd the cranberry sauce and gravy and one stuffing ball and was really good and had no pots or parsnips. But I had loads of vegs that were free. My son had my free ice cream which strangly did not appeal to me one little bit. my taste buds are changing I recond I love ice cream but I had no pang for even to have a spoonful.

Phil x

Ooh a roast dinner sounds yummy!
Aww thats good! Ive never really been that bothered about ice cream, my trouble is chocolate haha!
Im actually doing ok with it though, i have a freddo on a sat night haha (5.5 syns) and sometimes make a SW choc cake for through the week (3.5 syns a slice) and that gets me through :)

Hey girlie. Yeah 4 stone 3 pounds now :) .. just be glad u dont have to lose that much ;) i have no doubt youl be where you wanna be as soon as you relax!!!! :p .. aslong as you are eating your HEA/HEB's and using your syns well but wisely.. and getting stuck into all those free and super free foods.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ooh sounds good but i dont know where to get scan bran from as i dont go to a SW group!

Well done fern! 4 stone 3 pounds is great!! You must be really proud of yourself :)

Do you have to have your 2 Bs every day? I usualy do but there has been the odd time that i havent!

The only thing that really bothers me about SW is that i LOVE cerial! I could eat it all day! Before doing SW i would have 2 - 3 bowls a day! haha! I know i can have cerial for brek as a B but 28g isn't a lot so im having to have 2 weetabix so that it fills me up! With fruit aswell! lol.

I am gunna try to eat asmuch fruit and veg as i can poss fit into the day haha! What other Super free foods are there? xx

yes, you should eat your he extra every day, i do EE so i only get 1 a and 1 b, you do know you can use your b's as cereal? so you could have 2 bowls of 28g ? or have a big bowl lol. Mix it with mullerlight to bulk them out. .. yes yes lots of fresh fruit and veg!! be adventerous and expierement with recipes!

have you got a slimmingworld book at all so you can look up free foods? or u could try buying a food directory off ebay as that lists all syns and free food etc

yeah i am proud of myself.. never thought i'd get here..

xxxx

yes, you should eat your he extra every day, i do EE so i only get 1 a and 1 b, you do know you can use your b's as cereal? so you could have 2 bowls of 28g ? or have a big bowl lol. Mix it with mullerlight to bulk them out. .. yes yes lots of fresh fruit and veg!! be adventerous and expierement with recipes!

have you got a slimmingworld book at all so you can look up free foods? or u could try buying a food directory off ebay as that lists all syns and free food etc

yeah i am proud of myself.. never thought i'd get here..

xxxx

Yep i had double bran flakes on friday morning so used my 2 Bs for those cos i ran out of weetabix haha!

Ooh never tried muller light on cerial, is it nice? :) not too dry?

My boyfs mam goes to a group so i look in her book but i have two small pocket size books, i think one is low syn foods and the other is free foods. Was just wondering what sort of super free foods you tend to eat the most apart from fruit and veg? xx

trouble is i only have weetabix, doesnt sound right to me, but i'll give it a try. and it'll free up a HEX if it works. Btw how did your red day go?

Haha i have weetabix most days too and i think they're a bit hard and dry without milk! However i have now cut down from 150ml SS to 100ml SS on my weetabix and am getting used to them being a bit dryer now lol.

I think it went ok thanks :)

I didnt have much in so had to make do haha. I had:

Brek: Weetabix, milk, banana.
Lunch: 2 Quorn sausages, 2 rashers bacon without fat, 2 slices of wafter thin ham and some cottage cheese.
Snack: Muller light and fruit.
Tea: 2 slices nimble brown bread, 2 laughing cow triangles instead of marg! wafer thin ham. Then i had 2 quorn sausages that tasted so much better cold btw haha!
Syns: Jelly = 1. Freddo = 5.5. Total 6.5 syns :)

I am gonna have a green day 2moro :)

Back