advice on bras and magic knickers

suemal

Just bought a new wedding dress by jasper conran.It has a very low back and a halter neck.It is very figure hugging and really looks good apart from i now have a bit of a loose belly after losing 4 stone.My belly looks a bit like it does after a baby just a bit loose if you know what i mean.I can't really wear a normal bra with the dress and my boobs have gone south and arn't very full anymore.
I was just wondering if anyone on here had used magic knickers and stick on bras.If so were they any good.:DSoz about mentioning all the saggy skin at breakfast time.

Last edited:
Spanx knickers are supposed to be fab! Not sure about bras though, sorry!

I bought some stick on cups from a website called curves and laces, they are fab and I take an E cup. They are individual cups with a proper fastener and everything, have a quick look.

I bought some light control pants from M&S when I was a bridesmaid, they are like shorts and really hug you all in, worth having a look at those. I wouldn't recommend the firm control, you can't get them on and if you manage it after rolling about on the floor, you can't breathe lol lol!

Congrats on the wedding, dress sounds bootiful!

Theresa x

The dress is great £90 dowm from £300.As for the pants getting married in vegas i only need to wear them for about 2 hours so could probably cope without breathing for that long:D

Ha ha, just make sure they don't make ya face purple for the photo's!

Defo recommend M&S, they have a great range of stuff and prices are very reasonable. One word of advice through experience, make sure you try your dress on with any undies you buy just to make sure you can't see them!!

Good luck for the big day, you will look fabulous with or without the control pants!

Theresa x

your dress sounds lovely and what a bargain. Sorry no advice for ya!! Best of luck with the wedding im sure you will look fabulous

Well i'l look better than i did 10 weeks ago.I was a size 20/22 now can fit into size 14 next jeans and have bought a size 16 wedding dress,so i feel good now.My 14 jeans even felt a bit big after i'd worn them for a couple of hours but i think size 12 would be pushing it.;)

Your dress sounds gorgeous! No advice about the undies just wanted to ask you to let us see a piccie afterwards. Congratulations.

Basque is an excellent idea. Or if you go the control pants route...go for the one's that don't stop at the waist but go right up to just under the bust.

Don't know about the control thing but if you go into debenhams they have a range of bras that don't have the normal bra straps at the back, instead they are made of a chain of diamonties (sorry my spelling is terrible!).
I'll try and find a picture of one and put up a link for you.

Cheeky question...What bra size are you? Just that I've found one but it's from DD upwards. If you're smaller than that I'll keep looking.

For some reason it won't let me put a link on here but I've found you a couple of solutions for you to take a look at.
first one is a miracle backless body from ultimo but that only appears to go up to a C. Just type ultimo into a search engine and it should give you their website.
The other one is from splendour (figleaves.com do this) and it's the one I discribed before with the diamond back. Search the figleaves website for splendour diamante (woohoo I can spell it now!) and it should come up with it. Only problem with this one is that it goes from a DD. I know you can get these bras in smaller sizes from debenhams so just use the piccys to decide if you like them.
Hope this has helped.

go to figleaves.com, click on wedding, and it will take you to the undies selection where there is a bra for backless and strapless dresses. I've bought from there and they are great to deal with.

I've just bought a sticky bra from ebay i'll see what it does.It'll need to be good:D.And hi dancing how r u today.Hope all is well:)

Dancing, the one i am talking about are individual cups, one for each boob lol. Curves and Lace no longer stock them I have just checked, but if you search for "faveo freedom bra" then you should find it

Theresa x

Last edited:
Back