Advice on loosing loose flab please

Big H

Silver Member
Because I have lost a lot of weight quickly I have some loose flab round my waist and still some slight man boobs :p

I don't really want to lose any more weight, becuase the rest of my body would be too slim if I do and I think if I do weights I will just build up muscle behind the fat and the fat will remain.

Anybody got any tips on how to get rid of this last bit of annoying flab from these 2 :) places?

Cheers

Big H, I cant help Im afraid, is still have my 5 stone to lose!!!

WOW, you have done amazing. I want some tips and advice please!!!

I am 21st now and want to be 17 for Xmas. YOu lost about a lb a day, did you exercise?

Please send me some tips.....

Hi Big H

This is a tough one!! I would think that the only way to get rid of this is to concentrate on toning those areas. If you are a member of a gym, the trainers there should be able to advise you on which machines etc you can loose.

I remember seeing an extreme makeover programme where the trainer had to get the winners to lose a certain amount of weight before allowing surgery and they did it but toned up at the same time and one guy lost his "man boobs."

Also, you could try the internet in general for tips.

Good Luck and well done on all that weight loss!!

Hi Big H

This is a tough one!! I would think that the only way to get rid of this is to concentrate on toning those areas. If you are a member of a gym, the trainers there should be able to advise you on which machines etc you can loose.

I remember seeing an extreme makeover programme where the trainer had to get the winners to lose a certain amount of weight before allowing surgery and they did it but toned up at the same time and one guy lost his "man boobs."

Also, you could try the internet in general for tips.

Good Luck and well done on all that weight loss!!

Cheers for your help

Big H, I cant help Im afraid, is still have my 5 stone to lose!!!

WOW, you have done amazing. I want some tips and advice please!!!

I am 21st now and want to be 17 for Xmas. YOu lost about a lb a day, did you exercise?

Please send me some tips.....

No probs

As far as tips go, all I did was stick to SS 100% for 93 days and I lost 98 pounds - then lost 4 pounds on 790 the following week and am now just looking to stay the same - but tone up.

As far as exercise goes, the guidelines do advise against it, but I did go to the gym from week 4 onwards and just did some pretty light exercise - the danger is that it can make you body crave more fuel, i.e make you hungry and I did suffer from that after going to the gym.

My brother lost a pound a day without using the gym and lost 12 stone in 6 months, so he didn't need the gym.

Best of luck to you - it is so worth it, I have gone from a guy that could barely tie his shoe laces to a guy who is in the gym at 6.45, 5 mornings a week and is full of life

You'll be there too soon!!

You make it sound easy!!! I am sure it wasnt.

Just need to keep my focus. I find it really hard at weekends, really like having a drink, and then the day after want to eat to cure the hangover!

Stuff it. 110% focus all the way to Xmas now. I WILL do it.

Thanks for your inspiration Big H

Okay, i realise that this is gong to sound so girly but, have you looked into the "toning" type body lotions out there.

I'm not saying it will solve the problem in its entirety but it can only help your skin to become more elastic and spring back.

I've been using a cheap one from superdrug, but there are lots available. The one I use doesn't really have a fragrance, but I'd advise you to sniff before you buy - you don't want to smell like a girl

Okay, i realise that this is gong to sound so girly but, have you looked into the "toning" type body lotions out there.

I'm not saying it will solve the problem in its entirety but it can only help your skin to become more elastic and spring back.

I've been using a cheap one from superdrug, but there are lots available. The one I use doesn't really have a fragrance, but I'd advise you to sniff before you buy - you don't want to smell like a girl

Haha - :)

I am actually using one - Palmers Q10 I think it's called

You make it sound easy!!! I am sure it wasnt.

Just need to keep my focus. I find it really hard at weekends, really like having a drink, and then the day after want to eat to cure the hangover!

Stuff it. 110% focus all the way to Xmas now. I WILL do it.

Thanks for your inspiration Big H

If you break it down it is easy. Unlike other diets, you know for a fact that you will definitely lose weight and defintely lose fat/inches

Unlike other diets all you have to do is have 3/4 CD meals a day and stick to it and you will succeed. There is no calorie counting or worrying about it, just stick to the rules and
look forward to being slim very soon

This is coming from the guy with the least will power in the world and has failed on every diet he has ever tried ;)

Good luck 2 ya :)

Hi Ya,
My partner is a body builder so i have some background on this. As we approach a weight that we think is acceptable we start slowing the weight loss down. Usually this means that we stop at the way we want to look, not the weight our bodies needs us to be.

Many people who have excess skin may have a few extra pounds that they are carrying around, in order for the skin to be pulled back ( as much as it can be) the little bit of extra fat behind the skin needs to be lost. This is so that the muscle can pull the skin back and reduce that '' flabby look ''.

I know you said you like how you are now, but with good weight training and toning exercises you will be able to pull your skin tight and get the look you are after. This will work, but please remember that if the skin is stretched too much then some of the damage will be irreversable..

Using creams etc is very good and helps with the elasticity of the skin, but its actually the layer of fat behind the skin that creates the saggy flabby look.As there is nothing for the muscle to work with and tighten against.

Hope this makes sence?? My partner has drummed this into me, and continues too everytime i buy 'yet another' expensive body product!!

I will ask him again when he comes in to check thats right.

Ziggy x

Aww thats fantastic!!!! im really really pleased!! I myself have just finished my work out for the day. I nearly cracked today and gave in, so i drank some more water and had a good work out! and i feel great!

Keep in touch! will be great to get updates on your progress xx

Aww thats fantastic!!!! im really really pleased!! I myself have just finished my work out for the day. I nearly cracked today and gave in, so i drank some more water and had a good work out! and i feel great!

Keep in touch! will be great to get updates on your progress xx

Hi Ziggy (and co !) - finding this post quite interesting....are we allowed to do exercise while on CD??I've started doing light weights...and swimming but wasn't sure bout anything else....

Also - any tips from ur OH (Ziggy) onhow to rid myself of the dreaded 'bingo wings' would be REALLY appreciated !

Cheers

Debz
xx

Many people who have excess skin may have a few extra pounds that they are carrying around, in order for the skin to be pulled back ( as much as it can be) the little bit of extra fat behind the skin needs to be lost. This is so that the muscle can pull the skin back and reduce that '' flabby look ''.
That's interesting you should say this. I've always been a believer that people often say they have lose skin when it's often the case that they just need to lose a bit more. Not that I say often, not always!

There's a bit more about the loose skin myth here

Makes for interesting reading if you have the time:)

Hello :)
With the exercise thing, i think its about doing alittle but and building up to what you are comfortable with. When most people think of exercise they think that they have to be jumping around there living room, needing oxygen and a weeks rest after.

A FANTASTIC home dvd is the Joanna Hall work outs. They are 30 mins long each and can go for 10 or 20 mins if 30 will be too much. They target the areas all of us women have problems with and its fun to do. This type of work out helps your heart and lungs and gets all the energy flowing. But then i do some weights too as i dont want to loose any muscle tone and want to make sure my skin is pulled back as much as possible.

I dont want to get to 1/2 a stone away from target and then have a panic in the gym! Cause that would really burn me out, little and often i say and then it wont be a mad dash to the finish line. Weights are fantastic too because muscle needs to burn up energy even when we are resting! FANTASTIC!!!! WOO HOO

Im no expert on CD and am always asking for advise, but i think that as long as you dont go crazy and work within your own limitations you should be ok? Maybe not within the first few weeks because your body needs to adjust to the shock of the diet itself.

But i will get nick to answer loads of my questions and i will post them on here asap!

Love and hugs

Ziggy x

Hello :)
With the exercise thing, i think its about doing alittle but and building up to what you are comfortable with. When most people think of exercise they think that they have to be jumping around there living room, needing oxygen and a weeks rest after.

A FANTASTIC home dvd is the Joanna Hall work outs. They are 30 mins long each and can go for 10 or 20 mins if 30 will be too much. They target the areas all of us women have problems with and its fun to do. This type of work out helps your heart and lungs and gets all the energy flowing. But then i do some weights too as i dont want to loose any muscle tone and want to make sure my skin is pulled back as much as possible.

I dont want to get to 1/2 a stone away from target and then have a panic in the gym! Cause that would really burn me out, little and often i say and then it wont be a mad dash to the finish line. Weights are fantastic too because muscle needs to burn up energy even when we are resting! FANTASTIC!!!! WOO HOO

Im no expert on CD and am always asking for advise, but i think that as long as you dont go crazy and work within your own limitations you should be ok? Maybe not within the first few weeks because your body needs to adjust to the shock of the diet itself.

But i will get nick to answer loads of my questions and i will post them on here asap!

Love and hugs

Ziggy x

Thanx Ziggy - loving this thread :)

Await your next installment !

Debz
xx

Next installment :

PROTEIN!! I know its not allowed to eat on this diet etc etc, but the way i am looking at it is that i still need to live. And if i feel deprived all of the time then im just going to get really miserable.. worse than i am now!! eep

So what i have started to do is eat some protein (tuna turkey etc) before my work out, so my body has some fuel and wont take my energy straight out of my muscles. Then have a little bit more to replenish any that i have lost. If I trained and trained like i do everyday then i would loose muscle tone and then start to look gaunt and un well.

When i say a little bit of protein i only meen a small handfull of chicken pieces etc. I have found that it keeps me going stronger through my work out, i dont get hungry afterwards and i feel much better for it. Because i give myself little rewards then i look forward to my work outs each day. I know many people would disagree with how i am doing it, but its keeping me on track, happy and fit!

My number 1 priority at the moment is to feel fit and healthy, the weight loss will follow after that. I think that my goals and mind set is changing, as the past few weeks all i have wanted is to loose the weight super fast. Now i want to get things straight in my head and actually enjoy this journey instead of beating myself up all the time about it..

Well thats what i think anyway! But no doubt when im having a mardy tomorrow i will be back to Lil miss Grump!

Ziggy xxx

Back