advice on my plateau

Hi guys I hope you can help.
I've been battling with my weight since a child and I can never seem to get below 10 st no matter how hard i try.
I've managed to get down to 10 st 1lb and my target is 9st 7lbs. but instead of wanting to celebrate this i feel down because i dont think I'll ever be able to reach below 10 st.
i exercise regularly and i am eating very healthily.
Does anyone have any tips as to where I might be going wrong?
thank you

I am the same height as you and had the exact same 'sticking point' as you. I tried exercising loads and a lot of different diets. What diet are you using now? I found that calorie counting was the answer for me, if you have to watch every portion size and count everything there's no room for 'secret' calories. I am 9st 3.5lb now and have moved my 9st target down to 8 and a half stone now it's shifting again.

Yes, what diet are you on or just healthy eating?
It might even be that if you're doin ga lot of exercise you just might not be eating enough and your body is holding onto it.

I'm also plateauing at the moment and I'm increasing my protein, seeing how it goes. I guess it's just trial and error.

hey thanks for the replies.
I'm calorie counting at the moment, i'm not on a particular diet. It's an interesting point that I might not be eating enough. I am having around 1,200 calories a day and walking about 4 miles a day..I dont find myself particularly hungry though. It's so frustrating :(

well I hit 10 st 1lb today and I was 10 st 10 lbs around two months ago. I know that I shouldn't be rushing losing the weight as I'm not overweight but I genuinely cannot remember the time I was 9 st something and despite my efforts I'm not sure if i'll get there

Woo even if you're losing at a slow pace it means you'll eventually get there!!
Sometimes if I plateau I eat a bit more for a bit, you might put on a little bit but the losses speed up when you go back down. Putting on is very scary but I know I can go back down quicker. Obviously don't stuff yourself with rubbish but good things like avocado, nut butters etc.

Woo even if you're losing at a slow pace it means you'll eventually get there!!
Sometimes if I plateau I eat a bit more for a bit, you might put on a little bit but the losses speed up when you go back down. Putting on is very scary but I know I can go back down quicker. Obviously don't stuff yourself with rubbish but good things like avocado, nut butters etc.

Ahh I see what you're saying-thank you! I will try and eat a bit more fruit tomorrow as I was naughty today and had 2 biscuits, oops! Hopefully in a few weeks I will see the elusive 9 on the scales!!

Back