Advice on which book is best to buy

minimemo

I have spoken to a friend who has recommended buying 2 books:
Eat fat get thin
new atkins

would you recommend one over the other?
I know there a several edtions of new atkins so not sure which to buy because the diet has changed over the years, has it changed for the good or should I buy an old version?
cheers j x

The new Atkins book encourages more veg from the start. It also promotes the use of Atkins bars etc, but it's easy to read and well set out.

Dr John Briffas Escape the Diet Trap is my favourite low carb book. Gary Taubes is good too, but a heavier read

The Gary Taubes book explains the science and the politics which promote carbs as 'healthy eating'.

New Atkins tells you how to actually change your eating to low carb (and feel a million times better).

You can watch Taubes on YouTube for nothing; ditto Dr Briffas. I'd say buy the Atkins book - go to Amazon and get it for pennies.

Thanks for your replies,
ladyfelsham when you said get the atkins book, do you mean the brand new one????

Why We Get Fat And What To Do About It by Gary Taubes - The only one you need. It's a slimmed-down version of the Diet Delusion, which is also brilliant.

I'm with Ladyfelsham, that version is the best imho. I have an e-version (pdf), I'm more than happy to send it to anyone who wants a copy, just pm me :D

Jayne

Back