Advice please..........

JEM

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
I'm planning a girlie week away and looking for ideas on where to go. We want to go next weekend.

We want sun, a nice beach, decent amount of night life but not full of drunken 18 year old idiots - drunken 30 year olds are fine though!!! :p

Ideas please.........

xx

Hi Jem hun, presume you are thinking abroad?

What about somewhere like Majorca - north of the Island is lovely. It's not like Magaluf where there are 100s of bars, quite beautiful but still has some stuff going on a nights.

I recently went to Menorca for a week and whilst it was lovely the night life was really quiet.

No other suggestions I'm afraid. Let me know what you decide!

HI Hun!

I would imagine this time of year - at the relative start of the season not too many places will be full of drunken 18 year olds...... mmmm now if I was coming with you that would be a requirement...lol (only kiddin honest):eek: ;)

What about Lanzerote or Tenerife? Both would be pretty warm/hot.... not sure about beaches.... Also mainland Spain - Malaga region.... never been myself but supposed to be nice.... go near La Manga where all footie players are...lol!!

Like Sarah said Majorca and Ibiza are both great too.... Palma Nova is near Magalluf but not quite as rowdy..... and Ibiza Town is good too....

If you don't mind long haul - although a bit far for a week probably what about Barbados.... it is fab, fab, fab - loads and loads of lush beaches and nice weather and no drunken 18 year olds... night life is good too.....

Hope this helps..... always did want to be a travel agent...lol!!

ooooh just thought - what about a Greek Island too.... Crete, Cyprus (mmmmm Cyprus - Cypriot men are NICE!!) Phaphos is beautiful), Rhodes (but not Falaraki)......

Oooh lucky you..... girly holiday - brings back lots of happy memories for me..... enjoy.....:cool: :D

Apparently my mate Lucky loves Newquay. she went with 4 girlfriends for a weekend.....they walked into a pub and there was her and her mates and about 30 blokes....so obviously they were spoilt for choice....lol.

HI Hun!

I would imagine this time of year - at the relative start of the season not too many places will be full of drunken 18 year olds...... mmmm now if I was coming with you that would be a requirement...lol (only kiddin honest):eek: ;)

What about Lanzerote or Tenerife? Both would be pretty warm/hot.... not sure about beaches.... Also mainland Spain - Malaga region.... never been myself but supposed to be nice.... go near La Manga where all footie players are...lol!!

Like Sarah said Majorca and Ibiza are both great too.... Palma Nova is near Magalluf but not quite as rowdy..... and Ibiza Town is good too....

If you don't mind long haul - although a bit far for a week probably what about Barbados.... it is fab, fab, fab - loads and loads of lush beaches and nice weather and no drunken 18 year olds... night life is good too.....

Hope this helps..... always did want to be a travel agent...lol!!

Computer says NO!! Cough!

lol

xx

Hi Jem hun, presume you are thinking abroad?

What about somewhere like Majorca - north of the Island is lovely. It's not like Magaluf where there are 100s of bars, quite beautiful but still has some stuff going on a nights.

I recently went to Menorca for a week and whilst it was lovely the night life was really quiet.

No other suggestions I'm afraid. Let me know what you decide!

Hey Hun

Thanks for that. Deffo want to go abroad - can't rely on getting the sun here! I'm trying to convince karen to come with us!

xx

Apparently my mate Lucky loves Newquay. she went with 4 girlfriends for a weekend.....they walked into a pub and there was her and her mates and about 30 blokes....so obviously they were spoilt for choice....lol.

OK, maybe time to re-think the need for going abroad!!! :p

ooooh just thought - what about a Greek Island too.... Crete, Cyprus (mmmmm Cyprus - Cypriot men are NICE!!) Phaphos is beautiful), Rhodes (but not Falaraki)......

Oooh lucky you..... girly holiday - brings back lots of happy memories for me..... enjoy.....:cool: :D

A greek island is top of the list at the moment.........what's up with Falaraki????!!!!!

xxx

Hey Jem...

If you are looking for oodles of fine men giving you loads of attention head to Kusadasi... its full of fine things just wanting to mind ya ;) ;) ;)

Also Kos, a greek island, is lovely... it just doesn't have the turkish men lol

hope ya have a balll... just turning green here :jelous: :jelous: :jelous:

Gen xx

Faliraki is awful, just like benidorm, fine if your 18 but sooo not cool now haha
if you are still set on rhodes then afandou is lovely as is trianda, steer clear of rhodes town, too busy and no real beach, lindos is good but VERY hot
ibiza is FANTASTIC, ibiza town is very cool, and the beaches are great
good luck jem
nat xx

I would say Rhodes every time. It's anything you want it to be. You could stay in one of the big Hotels just outside Rhodes town (I think it's called Ixia) and visit Lindos etc. when you feel like it. There's shops in the new town, as much history and architecture as you can cope with in the old town, fantasic "taverna" scene and wonderful people. My oh my, I could write a book.......
Ann xxx

She just text to say she's on the beach in her bikini and the temps around 28!!! Lucky thing - I've had to put my heating on today I'm so cold.....!!

I'm soooo jealous!! I had the opp to go with her and her mates but work and family commitments meant i couldn't make it!!! Booooo!

Sounds like she's having a ball !

I'm soooo jealous!! I had the opp to go with her and her mates but work and family commitments meant i couldn't make it!!! Booooo!

Sounds like she's having a ball !

Wot a shame Karen - sure the two of you in action would have caused a bit of a stir....lol - probably a good job you both didn't go - don't think the men of Crete would have been able to cope.....;)

She'll def need her cardi on when she gets home though...lol!!

And Karen.... there is always next time.... sure the two of you would have a fab time..... how rude of work and family to get in your way...lol:rolleyes: ;)

Hey Mich!!

Yep i know!! Very rude of work and family!!!

She went on Friday and i was in Germany until late Fri night, then this coming Friday is a party for my brother before he goes on his first army posting (to iraq!!!). Really didn't wanna miss that!!

I'm still gutted not to be there though!! As you say though next time!!

Are you joining us at the weekend?

Back