Advice Please!

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Conn76, 28 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Conn76

Conn76 Full Member

Hi there,

I am on week two of Route to Management. It is quite scary having food now especially as the snack allowance allows me to have a 'lunch' now.

I am concerned about calories though. I am following the plan carefully and only eating the items I am allowed but I am tracking my calories too. Has anyone else done this? How many calories should I be eating a day approx.?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Conn76

Conn76 Full Member

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

oh sorry no one has replied to you!!!!! I can't help so it isn't that I'm ignoring you just that I'm not there yet
  5. Just Do It

Just Do It Full Member

Current Weight:
    Hi Conn,

I am on week 10 of RTM, I did exactly the same as you. I kept a running total of my calories, it was the onle way to judge the amount I was eating. I don't know if it is frowned upon or not, but if it helps, it helps!

I am still doing that now, although week by week you see the daily total going up and it can be a bit scary. I found a website that gave an indication of how many calories I would need to maintain my current weight, I had to put in factors such as age, activity level etc. (can't remember what it was, sorry)

Now I have that total I try to stick around that figure, but the last couple of days I have gone over, but there again last week I was under, so on a weekly basis I am probably OK.

You are doing well, just keep on going. I found that reading the blue book over and over helped. Also that it is OK to eat until you feel full. And I keep telling myself that even if I over eat one day, I am not going to gain 6 stones over night.

Best wishes,

6. Deb G

Deb G Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    If you go to Diet free weight loss with Thin Secrets there is a metabolic calculator on there where you put your info in and it gives guidelines on calories.

As for portion sizes, I am planning to eat the size of my fist - that's how big your tummy is - as a guide.
  7. Conn76

Conn76 Full Member

Thanks Dancing for the acknowledgement! And thank you Clairwe and Deb for the advice. It is true that the weight will not go on over night but I still am slightly relieved each morning that it hasn't!

I'll check out that website - thanks again!

8. Mrs Lard

Mrs Lard Silver Member

Hi Conn

I would suggest you read Amanda Jayne's Route to Management thread as it is packed full of tips and Sarah, Cerulean's.

I wish I could help but, sadly, my Route to Management approach was...highly individual and of no help to you!!

Good luck!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxx
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.