Advice Please!

Conn76

Hi there,

I am on week two of Route to Management. It is quite scary having food now especially as the snack allowance allows me to have a 'lunch' now.

I am concerned about calories though. I am following the plan carefully and only eating the items I am allowed but I am tracking my calories too. Has anyone else done this? How many calories should I be eating a day approx.?

Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated.

xxx

Hi Conn,

I am on week 10 of RTM, I did exactly the same as you. I kept a running total of my calories, it was the onle way to judge the amount I was eating. I don't know if it is frowned upon or not, but if it helps, it helps!

I am still doing that now, although week by week you see the daily total going up and it can be a bit scary. I found a website that gave an indication of how many calories I would need to maintain my current weight, I had to put in factors such as age, activity level etc. (can't remember what it was, sorry)

Now I have that total I try to stick around that figure, but the last couple of days I have gone over, but there again last week I was under, so on a weekly basis I am probably OK.

You are doing well, just keep on going. I found that reading the blue book over and over helped. Also that it is OK to eat until you feel full. And I keep telling myself that even if I over eat one day, I am not going to gain 6 stones over night.

Best wishes,

Claire

If you go to Diet free weight loss with Thin Secrets there is a metabolic calculator on there where you put your info in and it gives guidelines on calories.

As for portion sizes, I am planning to eat the size of my fist - that's how big your tummy is - as a guide.

Hi Conn

I would suggest you read Amanda Jayne's Route to Management thread as it is packed full of tips and Sarah, Cerulean's.

I wish I could help but, sadly, my Route to Management approach was...highly individual and of no help to you!!

Good luck!

Take care.

Mrs Lxxxx

Back