advice please.

antony.

hello. I am looking for a little bit advice. I started taking lipotrim today. I am 18yrs old. I got strawberry,chocolate shakes. Soup and the flap jacks . The strawberry and chocolate were too bland and i was sick just drinking a tiny bit.

I smelt the chicken soup, didnt like it, but havnt tried it yet.

I also tried both flavours of flap jack which i was also sick over.

I was all for and confident with lipotrim. Ive seen bits on the internet which suggests ice in the drinks or tablet sweetner, i am really wanting to get onto it, and wondered if any1 who has had similar experiences could give me some advice?
I dont drink tea or coffee either but do love water.

I am quite upset i didnt like it as i had my confidence up for the diet. I just hope people here can help. Ps its great to hear of so many sucess stories on here.
Thank you for ur time & support.

Last edited:
Hey,

Ive had the exact same experience 2 days ago when I started.. So much stuff you can do just keep experimenting... You should get vanilla and mix with both strawberry and choc.. if you drink tea or coffee add them instead of water.. Chicken soup just isnt nice to me but I can drink if i add extra water..

Keep going and it actually gets nice.. Day 1 for me was Terrible.. Read first few pages of Ollies Diary to see on this forum about advice given to me

Hiya Antony.

Today is my first day on LT, second time around.

I lost 2st in 6wks last time around and hated all the flavours too BUT, there are ways around the 'bland' taste:

Try fresh mint leaves in the Cho shake and add ice - Chocmint...
Add coffee to the Choc Shake and make it hot.
Add coffee & sweeteners to the Vanilla Shake and make that hot too.

Add ice to the shakes - the colder the better. Makes them easier to digest.

Add a small bit of pepper to the chicken soup and make it really thin like broth. (the thickness made me sick..)

Thats what worked for me.

This time i have only taken Choc Shakes.....Its the only one i can continuously stand!!

Hope this helps a bit!!!

PS: I cant help you on the flapjacks - I really liked them!!!!

hello. I am looking for a little bit advice. I started taking lipotrim today. I am 18yrs old. I got strawberry,chocolate shakes. Soup and the flap jacks . The strawberry and chocolate were too bland and i was sick just drinking a tiny bit.

I smelt the chicken soup, didnt like it, but havnt tried it yet.

I also tried both flavours of flap jack which i was also sick over.

I was all for and confident with lipotrim. Ive seen bits on the internet which suggests ice in the drinks or tablet sweetner, i am really wanting to get onto it, and wondered if any1 who has had similar experiences could give me some advice?
I dont drink tea or coffee either but do love water.

I am quite upset i didnt like it as i had my confidence up for the diet. I just hope people here can help. Ps its great to hear of so many sucess stories on here.
Thank you for ur time & support.

Anthony welcome!

Chicken soup I found myself ugh and still do!

I prefer the sweet shakes.

The flapjacks should not be introduced for a few weeks as the taste is very strong of vitamins and minerals but as your body gets use to the vitamin and mineral taste after a week or so you don't notice.

When starting off if you are finding the shakes difficult to drink it is best to divide them up and have one half now and keep the other half for later on.

This way you do not waste a whole one if you puke it up!

However you must make each half up fresh and consume within 15 to 20 minutes as they also contain water-soluble vitamins which lose their value if kept longer.

It is amazing how you get use to the taste if you can stick with it...eventually all you taste is the strawberry, vanilla, chocolate even chicken taste...but I still dislike the chicken one:(

This is a link to Recipes for foodpacks which are unofficial by the way.

I myself have only ever used the vanilla in coffee and then not all that much... as I do not believe in messing with my food packs as over heating does destroy the water-soluble vitamins.

But the recipes can be an aid to get used to the taste of the packs as some have found.

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/2518-recipes-foodpack-muffin-crisps-fudge-cake.html

Step away from the flap-jacks - they are hiddeous!!

The chicken soup is actually quite nice ONCE you add a hefty dollop of chilli powder. Got to add some spice as not that pleasant without it. I had the chicken soup everyday once I discovered the chilli option!

I would also advise going with the chocolate shakes and steering clear of the vanilla and strawberry as they are both a bit sickly, where as the chocolate shake is the most filling.

Like anything it takes a while to get used to something new, it sounds like you are mixing it up too much in trying everything possible on day one. Take it steady and stick to the basics.

Hi Anthony, I agree with all the advice given above. Experiment and then hopefully after a few days the taste will be better. Well done for taking the first few steps and I hope it works out well :).

hey antony, i also agree that you have to experiment and see how you prefer the shakes. i personally cant have any of the sweet shakes without a sweetener tablet. (the hermestas sweetener tablet is the one i use cos its saccarin however u spell it) and i add a litl salt and chilli powder to the chicken one. hope things get easier for you xx

Hi Anthony,
Total agreement with all the comments above.

Chicken soup is not too nice but try adding pepper, chilli flakes or something similar.

The shakes seem bad at first but they get better, your tastebuds adapt and change and I actually enjoy them.

Most of all, just keep going, the results are worth it.

I agree with the others, it does get easier. I couldn't stand them at first but now on day 8 and I'm coping. Good luck and try to stick with it x

Hi. Just wanted to thank everyone for their replies. Thought I'd get "don't be on the diet then".Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try the chocolate one tomorrow with the sweetner, and ice, and I'll see how it goes. The same with the chicken with the pepper. Thanks for your help guys, I'll keep you updated :D

I never tried any of the recipe options, even tho i couldnt stand the taste. what work for me was holding my nose and breath and gulping them down as fast as possible. Do NOT let go of your nose until you swished some water round your mouth. :p
Got through 7 weeks that way, lost 2 and a half stone, and it's how I'm doing it now :D

Luckily I had a cold the first week I started in September! I used to hold my nose and tried not to breathe whilst I was drinking them!! Haha. Honestly you do get used to drinking them, I can only drink ice cold vanilla with black coffee. Good luck.XX

Hi all. Just thought I'd say managed to get my first one down! I'm a shift worker so only just had my first drink today. I had to put a peg over my nose which stopped me from tasting it!!!! Put 2 ice blocks in it too which made it go down quicker, and then put one of those mint strips in my mouth to prevent me from tasting it. I am really happy. Thanks to you all so much. I'm sure I'll be a regular on here now :)

Antony

Yay! Really pleased for you. They should gradually get better now :)

Hi all. Just thought I'd say managed to get my first one down! I'm a shift worker so only just had my first drink today. I had to put a peg over my nose which stopped me from tasting it!!!! Put 2 ice blocks in it too which made it go down quicker, and then put one of those mint strips in my mouth to prevent me from tasting it. I am really happy. Thanks to you all so much. I'm sure I'll be a regular on here now :)

Antony

Well done man! keep it up! :)

How are you getting on now Antony? Your taste buds do adapt quite quickly and you'll soon get used to the bland taste like the rest of us!x

My first couple of days were hell with the shakes, but it does get better, I stick to chocolate and strawberry, I have tried the flapjack thingies they are disgusting and I found the soup horrid. Just stick to what you can manage it'll be worth it!

Back