Advice re: rinsing mouth/teeth extraction

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by big bear, 7 June 2011 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi guys

I got me tooth out over a week ago & had to go back to the dentist as was in agony. They said that the 'plug' had come out & bone was exposed. He put something in the 'hole' and said don't drink for a couple of hours which I followed.

It's a bit sore today so hoping its not exposed again as it's difficult not to get food/drinks in it.

What I want to know is can I rinse with salted water today? Anyone had experience of this.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. peggypig

peggypig Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5.5lb(20.43%)
    Diet:
    sw extra easy & green
    I was just thinking if you want a drink you could try using a straw,if I was you try calling the dentist in the morning for some advice.

4. Qua Sae

Qua Sae Full Member

I'm sure someone told me that if you have a problem like that then you shouldn't use a straw because the sucking causes a vacuum, which makes the problem worse.

Could you call your dentist for advice? Mine is always willing to answer quick questions over the phone :)

5. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'll give them a call in the morning. Thanks X

6. silly sausage

silly sausage Peas on Earth

Start Weight:
    18st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st13lb(15.89%)
    Diet:
    SW veggie
    I had a dry socket once and it was flamin agony. I wouldn't rinse tbh. Best call your dentist as suggested above.

7. cherry-pie

cherry-pie Trying again in 2012

Start Weight:
    25st8lb
    Current Weight:
    24st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(4.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just wanted to add that having had an extraction a few weeks ago, I was advised not to use a straw (for the reasons Gemmy says above). Do NHS direct still exist? If so they may be able to advise before you can speak to the dentist tomorrow.
    Hope you're on the mend soon x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.