Advice suggestions please?

vicky1804

Hi all
Work has a gym and I'm starting this week.
I'm planning to do the couch 2 5k on the treadmills.
I did start it earlier this year but stopped due to an accident.
Im planning to have a yoghurt about 1-1.5 hrs before and possibly a protein shake after.
However when I did this earlier this year I would literally shake for about 20 min after my workout, Does this have something to do with the fact I didn't have anything to eat after? or because I pushed myself too hard?
Main reason being I still need to walk to the tube station after which is about 15 min.
Thanks alot

a yogurt 1 1/2 hours before is not enough fuel to see you through any workout! That is why your body is in such a state afterwards. I have trouble working out after eating, so you need to find what works for you.

I have taken a post from a q I asked about what to eat before working out, hope it helps

In the Holland and Barrett mag it has The ultimate fit-food guide.

Countdown to exercise fuelling your workouts.

Got two hours---Sit down to a carb based meal.
Got an hour---Have a smaller but substantial meal such as porridge or wholegrain cereal.
Got half an hour---Oat based cereal bar,a slice of toast with peanut butter,a rice cake with hummous,a banana,a handful of nuts and seeds.
Got 10 mins---A small handful of dried fruit,half a banana,a fruit yoghurt,a handful of berries.

That helps alot thanks.
I wasnt eating before a workout before so wanted to do it right this time. I finish work at 3.30 and generally have lunch around 1ish so I could have a banana or some sunflower seeds about 3pm

Back