• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Advice suggestions please?

S: 15st10lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 4st1lb(25.91%)
Hi all
Work has a gym and I'm starting this week.
I'm planning to do the couch 2 5k on the treadmills.
I did start it earlier this year but stopped due to an accident.
Im planning to have a yoghurt about 1-1.5 hrs before and possibly a protein shake after.
However when I did this earlier this year I would literally shake for about 20 min after my workout, Does this have something to do with the fact I didn't have anything to eat after? or because I pushed myself too hard?
Main reason being I still need to walk to the tube station after which is about 15 min.
Thanks alot

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Kron

Target Member
S: 14st0lb C: 9st0lb G: 9st0lb BMI: 23 Loss: 5st0lb(35.71%)
a yogurt 1 1/2 hours before is not enough fuel to see you through any workout! That is why your body is in such a state afterwards. I have trouble working out after eating, so you need to find what works for you.

I have taken a post from a q I asked about what to eat before working out, hope it helps

In the Holland and Barrett mag it has The ultimate fit-food guide.

Countdown to exercise fuelling your workouts.

Got two hours---Sit down to a carb based meal.
Got an hour---Have a smaller but substantial meal such as porridge or wholegrain cereal.
Got half an hour---Oat based cereal bar,a slice of toast with peanut butter,a rice cake with hummous,a banana,a handful of nuts and seeds.
Got 10 mins---A small handful of dried fruit,half a banana,a fruit yoghurt,a handful of berries.

S: 15st10lb C: 11st9lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 27.1 Loss: 4st1lb(25.91%)
That helps alot thanks.
I wasnt eating before a workout before so wanted to do it right this time. I finish work at 3.30 and generally have lunch around 1ish so I could have a banana or some sunflower seeds about 3pm