Advice.

Gemma1986

Im just me!
I only started cd this week on day 4... Started at 13st 6.
I went to see my cd today to get some more stuff as she is going away and she said to me i will have to start step 2 when i get to 11st11
Does everyone have to do this? i fort i could ss till the end
Advice please i woundered if it was that my bmi will be 25 and near my target.

when your bmi is 25 you have to step up to the 810 program for the extra protien to protect your muscles as your fat stores will be alot lower. dont want your body using lean mass for energy

Last edited:
On Lighter Life I was in abstinence from food right until the end - I got down to a BMI of 22.5. They don't have any rules about having to have food, but it does seem a good idea. I was still losing 5lb a week on LL the week I got to goal!! I don't know what I'll do - on 810 you still have three packs anyway - I might decide I'm going to carry on SS'ing - I didn't suffer any ill effects last time, but I'm not suggesting you go against the advice. Just I want to carry on losing as quickly as possible as I go back to work from mat leave in September and need to get in to all my old clothes so I don't have to buy any more!!

I only did one week of SS and then was advised by my C to move up to 810 as my BMI was close to 25.
I plan to move up the plans the nearer I get to goal as I believe that's the sensible way still lose weight while introducing food back into your diet.
And, as already mentioned above, I don't want my body using lean muscle for energy, which is what happens if you don't add protein to the plan.
I lost 3 lbs the first week of 810 and although weeks 3 and 4 have been rather slow, I'm hoping that it may pick up a bit now...

Thank you all for your replys it really does make sense so i think i will do that. Normally i never follow the plans properly but this time i will and NOT regain

Back