Advise needed 4 weekend away

lynda

hi, im doing ss+ and my husband is taking me away next weekend as a belated 1st anniversary present (how sweet he is) I was wondering is there anything I could eat from the english breakfast that will not do too much damage or not? sorry to ask but I am still new to this and I doubt tuna and cottage cheese will be on the menu!!!

Obviously, it's best not to eat anything other than your diet packs +some veggies/fish or something.. as you've said the things you can absolutely have prob. won't be on the menu!

Other than that I think it would be bad to eat the toast, for the reason that it has a lot of carbs, the thing you could probably best eat if you want to eat something (I think!! I'm not a pro) is eggs..

I think it would be wise to look up a carb-listing of foods and finding yourself some common foods with low carbs / no evil stuff so you know what you can have and what you better not have and make sure you have some items to choose from so there'll be at least 1 you can have..

I only know a non-English website with carbs and stuff, so can't help you with an english one but I'm sure there must be one somewhere..

What about bacon? you can have that on Atkins can't you, which is no carb diet

As they've said, low carb is the way to go.

The whole principle of CD is that it is low carb and low calorie, so stick to protein rich foods (preferably low fat!) and veg, and you should be fine. :)

Have fun! x

Eggs, bacon, grilled mushrooms. Skip tomatoes--more carbs than you might imagine, and definitely no bread, hash browns, etc. That way you should be able to stay in ketosis so that the carb monster doesn't get you. :D

Be warned though, these things still have calories and the salt content may cause you to retain more water, so the scales will in all likelihood take an upward turn for a day or two, even if you're as good as gold when you get back.

To be honest, it would be better to stick to your CD stuff though. I know it's hard, I know you'll be thinking 'but he paid for this'--but if it sends you off the rails, is it worth it? There's more to a weekend away with your husband than 'what shall I have for breakfast?' surely? :D

Just because the breakfast is there, it doesn't mean you have to eat it. It's quite acceptable to sit at the breakfast table with a pot of coffee.

You probably hate me now, LOL so I'll shut up. :)

Whatever you decide to do, have a fantastic time!

Thank you all, I think I will just stick to my packs and just have coffee because I dont want to put any weight on, and I am trying to work hard at it - i even did 30 minutes on the treadmill today (which just about killed me!!) thanks again xx xx

Hi Lynda

Its really hard when you go away, but I have managed to sit in cafes and order a bottle of water whilst my family order bacon sandwiches and cans of coke. As I am still new to the CD game, I really want this to work, but you seem to have had lots of advice from others, so have a great weekend and let us know how it goes.....not too many details mind!

thanks mandie, im sure i will have a great time xx

Back