Advise please: Feeling pretty rough.

HughJass

Hey all newbie here,

I started the DD on friday, everything was going great up until last night. I felt very weak, with minor heart palpations and a tight chest (mainly on the left side). I also had brief intervals of shaking (the kind you feel inside and out like when you have low blood pressure). As a result I had a restless night and didn't get to sleep until 5am and even then i woke up at 7.30am, not because I had to but because I felt so ill.

I managed to eat some scrambled eggs and natural yoghurt and I guess I did feel a little better, but not by much. After that I decided to end the Attack Phase and go on to Cruise.

So today I have drunk plenty of water and eaten veg and proteins as well as the oatbran and some cottage cheese, and still I just don't feel right. Although I don't feel as weak, I still feel a little shaky and still have the tightness in my chest.

Do you guys think it is all just part of my carbohydrate withdrawal or something more serious? I am suspecting the tightness in the chest is indigestion and have considered taking Windeze or Rennie but am not sure if this is allowed on the diet.

Any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,
Kirsty

I would advise that you consult your GP.

(If you started attack on Friday, you were definitely ready for Cruise yesterday!)

The last stages of attack can make you feel very flu-ey, which would include chills or shakes and restlessness at night.

But you sound worried, so please do call NHS direct or your doctor's surgery and describe your symptoms.

If it is Dukan flu it will ease as soon as you enter cruise.

Thank you both so much for your replies.

Although I went to bed feeling pretty terrible, I managed to get a good nights sleep and woke up feeling much better. So it was most likely the 'flu' symptoms and/or indigestion (and I guess I was freaking myself out a little - who knew giving up carbs would be so hard!!)

Anyway thank you again,
Kirsty

p.s my apologies for the spelling error in the thread title - i'll blame the lack of carbs for that too......:rolleyes:

I'm very glad to hear it... the "palpitations" word got me going more than the typo ;)

Here's hoping your Cruise is smooth. Welcome to the forum! Open a diary perhaps and tell us all about yourself ;) (and we have a daily menu thread.)

Also I think you should probably consult your GP before starting any diet plan because carb withdrawal definitely shocks your body.

Back