Afghanistan weight loss diary - C25K WK1,2,3,4+5 - Complete!

Hey hun, I know your not about, but just wanted to pop on here and say that I'm thinking of you guys and Peters dad. Hope he is ok

Hi my lovely friends

just a little update,

Peters dad is very poorly he has had a second stroke and a major seizure and has also fell out of bed, he is borderline surgery so we are just waiting to see whats going on, he is on 15 minute obs and an having regular ECG's so they are waitin for the tiniest improvement or it to go the other way to decide what to do next

all completely haywire here, sorry to say diet has gone out the wndow the last 2 dys, but back on tomorrow again lol not a bit bothered got more stress than i know what to do with!

have kept up with my running though and am onto week 4 on monday

weight is around 14 10, went to see my cdc 2 days ago and she was busy doing a manicure an was really rude to me an fobbed me off didnt weigh me or anything and only just gave me a box of choc mint shakes cos i wouldnt have to pick an choose! she didnt even give me my change! thats onme of the reasons i broke plan, silly i know but hey ho!

will be back soon, hopefylly with better news!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh my god re: your CDC that is awful !!! how rude - I cant get my hat off about that !!

Hun like you said you've got and had enough stress without worrying about stoopid diets give yourself a break and try to look after yourself xxx

lots of love xxx and well done on the running - mines gone to pot !

Hey LL,hope eveything will get better soon,as Moley said concentrate an the importants things and give yourself a break.You know that after a short bad few days you will be back on the wagon so just think about the better things at the moment and the time to continue will come.Big hugs to the whole family and thinking of you guys.XXX

Wow, so much stress, so many 'well dones' for carrying on the running, and I think you're more than justified taking a couple of days off the diet.

Chin up, and hope you get some good news re: FIL soon, waiting is awful.

As for your CDC, there are no words...

:)

Hi Lauren,

When I met with my "first" CDC it was a similar situation to what you experienced today (poor service, rushed, etc.). I called around and phone interviewed another one. I switched, and have been so pleased with my new CDC.

She is running a business -- and does not deserve to be paid for the service she is not providing. I wouldseriously think of switching. It is difficult enough to diet, and without the support of a good CDC it is even harder.

Good on you for sticking to plan. Control the things you can, and just try to make peace with those you can't. I am glad that you and Lissy sound healthy atm.

MM

Hi Hun. Catching up. What a rude CDC! Choc mint, my fav and ok if you do like it but not a wonderful thing just to have flung at you for a full week!

My mum's had 5 strokes. 2 big ones and 3 small ones. I was 17 when she had her first. It will be hard after the stroke as pete's dad will have to retrain his body. My mums speech went and she was gutted. We had to really listen hard to understand her and on her recent hospital stay there were times we couldn't understand her at all due to the stress, morphine and pain. Her balance was affected but her 2nd largest stroke so her amputation was worrying with that to consider too.

You are a very strong person and you can get through this. The diet.... I find it is something positive to focus on during hard times but it will always be there for you if you take time out. Do not let anyone interfere with your positivity towards your weight loss or focus. Your CDC really isn't worth it. She is there to provide help, advice, support and products. If she is not doing this then maybe a new CDC is in order.

Hugs for you all. Keep up the super running work.

Hi lauren

Just caught up with this. Hope everything is OK with your FIL - and hope you are holding up OK as well. Hugs etc

As the others have already said, deal with your situation now, and keep going.... your doing amazing to be able to stay at it with the running. And I'm sure with out a doubt that you will ve able to get back into the diet. But when you are ready. Otherwise it wont work and you will put more stress on yourself. And its not worth it..

I hope Pete's dad gets better, and although its going to be a long road to his recovery, I know you will be there as a rock to everyone around you!

Take care ok hun...

Morning Lauren,

I hope you and Lissy are having a good day.

MM

Hi everyone,

so sorry havnt time to reply to everyone, but just want to check in,

Peters dad has made some improvements finally, not massive but baby steps in the rght direction so thats wonderful, every improvement is a step away from surgery so only good!

Going over to see himthis afternoon so fingers crossed will have mre good news! god knows we need it!

speaking of good news... peter doesnt have to go back to Afghanistan! if ever there was a silver lining on a crappy cloud this is it!

I am back on day 3, eating doesnt make me feel better i just feel out of controll and like im kidding myself, so here i am on the final push for my holiday, 45 days to go!

week 4 of couch to 5k this week already done run 1, run 2 is today!

Me and peter are doing the 30 day shred as well, we are on day 4 today lol he hates me!

working really hard excercise wise as want to look at good as possible for hoiday and also in training for the half marathon arent we so got to go go go lol

will be back soon with more news, and will let u know how it goes with my CDC next week... going to stick with her as she gives me 6 weeks at a time and as i have a 250 mile journey to see her i need the extra weeks here and there... will take the good with the bad and get on with it

hope you are all well, thankyou so much for your support and kind words xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey hun. At least there is one good thing, and little baby steps to get his dad back to good health is fab...

Well done on the restart, least you have something to push for.... I know you have prob said but where are you going for holidays? It better be some where nice and hot!

just popping in to say hello and see if there was any news. hoping that the improvements are quick. good news about peter not going back to afgan. love it that he hates teh 30 day shred. i hate it too so i know it's good for me, it's just getting back to it. need a new exercise mat. my first had food trod into it. the 2nd got ripped but was thin anyway. kids eh!!!!! will find a better one. just need a few pennies.

also glad your running's going well and i hope that you've got your run bra and clothes. i also hope that you've found the best way for you to get into your run bra contraption :D

Hey honey. There's one good thing about your CDC even if she is a complete tool!!! Lol

Soooo happy for you that Peter doesn't have to go back to trashcanistan!! My brother got deployed to Libya on Monday for atleast 3months, sucks butt.

Glad to see peters dad is making some improvements I hope he makes a full recovery :)

Lotsa luv xxxx

And oh yeah! Well done on all the exercise!!! :) xxx

Morning Lauren,

Good news on Peter's dad. Glad to see that you are able to stick with the fitness and that Peter is supporting you.

In all honesty, if you are not getting anything but product from your CDC, why don't you save money and use Exante or K(ee) products? You'd save money.

I pay for CD because I see her once a week, get weighed, she measures my waist weekly (and because I don't want to do so each time... my other measurements monthly). See emails, and I can text of call her if I need support. Well, worth the higher price of CD.... but you're not getting that.

Just a thought.

Give Lissy a big hug from me (I so love the little ones).

MM

Hey hun. At least there is one good thing, and little baby steps to get his dad back to good health is fab...

Well done on the restart, least you have something to push for.... I know you have prob said but where are you going for holidays? It better be some where nice and hot!

Hi sweetie, hows things?

we are going to majorca, cheap and cheerful, although quite expensive if that makes sense lol its our first family holiday and im petrified lissy will get sick so were in a 4*+ hotel haha its all inclusive as well so if she doesnt like the food there should be fruit for her to eat at least!

things are looking up for peters dad which is wonderful, feel like its never ending at the moment but thats life!

hope you and adam are good chick xxxx

just popping in to say hello and see if there was any news. hoping that the improvements are quick. good news about peter not going back to afgan. love it that he hates teh 30 day shred. i hate it too so i know it's good for me, it's just getting back to it. need a new exercise mat. my first had food trod into it. the 2nd got ripped but was thin anyway. kids eh!!!!! will find a better one. just need a few pennies.

also glad your running's going well and i hope that you've got your run bra and clothes. i also hope that you've found the best way for you to get into your run bra contraption :D

lol at the exercise mat!! my good one is at home in windsor so me and peter got 2 argos value ones 5.99 each, and there fantastic! so maybe get one of those until you get the one you have in mind!

my running stuff has all arrived, but its at our house in windsor, and havnt been home yet with everything thats been going on, so im itching to see it all lol, managing with what iv got for now, but really cant wait to be catapulted int my new sports bra and everything stay still! my shoulders are suffering, especially with the skipping and jumping jacks in the shred as well!

hope everyone is ok your end hun, things are looking up here so fingers crossed we have had our bad luck for now! xxx

Hey honey. There's one good thing about your CDC even if she is a complete tool!!! Lol

Soooo happy for you that Peter doesn't have to go back to trashcanistan!! My brother got deployed to Libya on Monday for atleast 3months, sucks butt.

Glad to see peters dad is making some improvements I hope he makes a full recovery :)

Lotsa luv xxxx

hey chickie,

ahh no, i wondered when they would start being sent out there, peter will be next i bet, the mercians are already out there so its only a matter of time! bloody lybians!!!

yeah thats the only reason im sticking with her as she seems to only care about the money and so is quite happy to give me wqeeks and weeks at a time, shes even been giving my mum my shakes to send to me, before the other day hadnt actually seen her since before christmas, so for all she knows i could have set up my own business selling shakes lol ah well!!

xxxx

Morning Lauren,

Good news on Peter's dad. Glad to see that you are able to stick with the fitness and that Peter is supporting you.

In all honesty, if you are not getting anything but product from your CDC, why don't you save money and use Exante or K(ee) products? You'd save money.

I pay for CD because I see her once a week, get weighed, she measures my waist weekly (and because I don't want to do so each time... my other measurements monthly). See emails, and I can text of call her if I need support. Well, worth the higher price of CD.... but you're not getting that.

Just a thought.

Give Lissy a big hug from me (I so love the little ones).

MM

Hi lovely, hope you are well,

lissy is a little terror lol she would have you tired out and running for the hills in minutes haha

i am really struggling to stick with CD not the actual diet just their shakes because my CDC is useless, i could save sooo much money on exante like you say, my mum has switched since my cdc was so rude to me out of principle and she is loving all the products!

im trying to justify it to myself as my CDC has got my forms to reccomend me to be a consultant, and obbiously we move round so much with peters job its so so difficult for me to go back to work, especially when he spends months away, so with CDC its a career that i can do from home whilst looking after lissy...

otherwise i would of ordered my months supply from exante last week!

i will use this experience to make sure i am the best consultant possible though and not lazy like mine!!

xxxx

Hi everyone,

well things seem to have calmed down a bit round here, peters dad is making slow improvements, but improvements all the same, so its like a cloud is starting to lift!

We actually went out for the day today, and bought a new couch lol which was very exciting!

Its the Lottie on DFS if anyone wants to see!

I am back on day 4 of plan, again lol, with 43 days until holiday!

have 9 days of shakes before i have to go and see my CDC again, so my weigh in will be about tuesday or wednesday of next week!

hoping to get a nice surprise, but as i messed about so much this month i deserve to get a kick up the bum!!

I am on day 4 of the 30 day shred as well, we have upped our weights, and my good ness!!! peter is using 5kg weights and i am using 3kg, feels about 20kg by the last circuit haha

and one run of week 4 couch25k to go this week!

i know its psychological but i honestly feel thinner already lol

peter thinks i should move up a plan while we are doing so much excercise and have a high protein meal of an evening but i darent lol

will reassess how i feel as i start running longer distances on my running plan as may need a little more energy, will stick with my shakes as long as poss though!!

my size 16 lycra, yes lycra (lol) running pants i had to buy last week are now soo bnig peters mum had to put a pull cord in them as they fall down when i run - woohoo!

will be back soon

loads of love from us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oooohhhh we went to Majorca last year its really nice! No bugs for us either... so hopefully you will be ok

Back