Afghanistan weight loss diary - C25K WK1,2,3,4+5 - Complete!

Had a lovely day today, had my beautoful god daughter Freya Grace for the day while her mummy went to Alton Towers!

the girls were playing all morning and freya was helping lissy to learn to crawl, was just gorgeous, told freya to stick her finger in lissys mouth as well and the squeel she made when she found lissys teeth was fab haha

Exhausted from looking after 2 kiddy winks all day, showed me what it will be like when me and peter have our second beautiful baby - making sure there are no tours of afghanistan planned will be my main objective haha sod that!!

Went to Zumba tonight i say went.. i draged my exhausted carcass lol

Had an absolute ball, although the woman DEFFINATELY lulled us into a false sense of security last week - not so easy for the fatties tonight let me tell u!!

didnt realise my fingers could sweat haha

WEdnesday tomorrow, already half way through the week!!

the postman decided to finally deliver my letter, have been smiling all day, reminded my why im doing this, peter has been dreamin of us, he dreampt that lissy was say on his knee and said "i love you daddy" broke my heart!

If he can go 6 months without his beautiful daughter, i can make the positive changes in my life to ensure were all a happy healthy family for as long as possible!

No cheating, just loosing!

Always smile

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lauren! Congrats on your loss! That's brilliant! Your hubby definitely won't recognise you when he gets back. :D
I also went to Zumba last night after not going for a couple of weeks due to work. Absolutely loved it, and not suffering too much today either, thank goodness.
Our class has grown to over a 100 people, so the instructor has now added two more classes in Bedford. Yay! :D
Chat soon. x

Can I join in?

I've loved reading this thread and it's inspired me - I've left a message with the local CD counsellor and now waiting (very impatiently, lol) for her to call me back so I can get started. So, when I hit target, I'll be thanking Lauren...

I've been an Army wife twice (it must be the uniform) and Dad was in the Forces too - my husband came out in 2008, after 8 active conflicts and a chest full of medals, we decided we wanted a different life. We relocated from Aldershot to South Wales and I love it here. However - my hubby is a strength and conditioning coach and has a six pack when he is asleep, and I am beginning to feel like his mother lying next to him, lol.

Lauren's post reminded me of how many times I intended to lose weight whilst he was on tour, and I had a fabulous light bulb moment, I'm going to do it NOW and not waste any more time. Plus, Take That are playing in Cardiff next June and when I first found out, I thought that I would love to go and then dismissed it, thinking I would be feel self conscious being overweight. Well, s*d that, I'm going to go, and I'm going to feel slim and gorgeous.

So I would love to join you? x

Aww your posts always put a smile on my face, your li'l one is so cute. Hows the t-shirts going? You have to show us a pic before you send them, I'm stumped for something to send for christmas. I'm positive you'll get to your goal, specially if youy keep thinking positive like that ;)

I'm jealous of you all there's no zumba near me :(

My diet well... went for my depo they weighed me and I was 4 kilos less than I thought I was but I'm struggling to shift the last stone n a bit, I think I'm going to put weight on because I'm at panic stations right now. And when I'm worried I eat. I haven't heard much from Dom so it's abit daunting and he was really on edge the last time we spoke. Think I'm gonna make a terrible mrs lol.

ps: don't worry like I said I'm always around ;)

Hi Lauren! Congrats on your loss! That's brilliant! Your hubby definitely won't recognise you when he gets back. :D
I also went to Zumba last night after not going for a couple of weeks due to work. Absolutely loved it, and not suffering too much today either, thank goodness.
Our class has grown to over a 100 people, so the instructor has now added two more classes in Bedford. Yay! :D
Chat soon. x

Hello gorgeous lady! well done you for jumping back into it! funny, i dont seem to suffer the day after, but always get a nice bath when i get in! our class is about 50, its rammed, its only in a small school hall so shes opening other nights which made my day, the more the better!!! xxx

Aww your posts always put a smile on my face, your li'l one is so cute. Hows the t-shirts going? You have to show us a pic before you send them, I'm stumped for something to send for christmas. I'm positive you'll get to your goal, specially if youy keep thinking positive like that ;)

I'm jealous of you all there's no zumba near me :(

My diet well... went for my depo they weighed me and I was 4 kilos less than I thought I was but I'm struggling to shift the last stone n a bit, I think I'm going to put weight on because I'm at panic stations right now. And when I'm worried I eat. I haven't heard much from Dom so it's abit daunting and he was really on edge the last time we spoke. Think I'm gonna make a terrible mrs lol.

ps: don't worry like I said I'm always around ;)

wel the finger painting was a disaster to b honest so will have to rethink the hand print tshirt - she eat most of the paint ha!!

are you sure theres no zumba? if theres gym by you ask there they all seem to do it espec total fitness... think thats were Tess goes... hope you find a class youll have a ball!!

thats fab about the 4kg hun!! it certainly is shifting so stop giving yourself ahrd time!!

you will hear from him soon hun, there so busy, just stay positive and smile through the bad days thats what i do!!

xxxx

I've loved reading this thread and it's inspired me - I've left a message with the local CD counsellor and now waiting (very impatiently, lol) for her to call me back so I can get started. So, when I hit target, I'll be thanking Lauren...

I've been an Army wife twice (it must be the uniform) and Dad was in the Forces too - my husband came out in 2008, after 8 active conflicts and a chest full of medals, we decided we wanted a different life. We relocated from Aldershot to South Wales and I love it here. However - my hubby is a strength and conditioning coach and has a six pack when he is asleep, and I am beginning to feel like his mother lying next to him, lol.

Lauren's post reminded me of how many times I intended to lose weight whilst he was on tour, and I had a fabulous light bulb moment, I'm going to do it NOW and not waste any more time. Plus, Take That are playing in Cardiff next June and when I first found out, I thought that I would love to go and then dismissed it, thinking I would be feel self conscious being overweight. Well, s*d that, I'm going to go, and I'm going to feel slim and gorgeous.

So I would love to join you? x

Hi sugar!

made up you added me on facebook, its cheered me up no end having te military wives add me! you forget that behind most of these brave men is an equally brave wife sitting at home waiting... we serve every day of the tour along side them!

wow 8 tours! you must have nerves of steel! this is my second, but with a second partner, like you must be the uniform lol although i didnt know peter was going in, he kept it quiet because of my ex sadly never coming back, got to say could of killed him myself when he told me! but hey, i wouldnt be ther person i am today!!

thats fab about the CDC, i rang mine twice cos was too impatient to wait for a call back so dont be shy lol

i was sick of waiting for a tomorrow that would never come so had to ring back quick before i lost themotivation and reached for the dominoes menu after he left!!

i am SO jealous about Take that!!!!! have an absolute ball chick, you will certainly deserve it once that skinny body finds it way out!!

Cant wait to find out how you get on! keep me posted, speak soon xxxxx

Thursday...woohoo! friday tomorrow and almost the end of week 4!!

stayed at my mother in laws last night with the baby, had a lovely time with her and lissy was made up to see her nanny!

we go over quite a lot but shes a prison officer and works night one week on one week off and she was full of cold her week off so we hadnt seen her in a while! so much so her partner couldnt believe how much weight id lost! woohoo!

not long got back - im exhausted lissy isnt sleeping cos of her teeth so hoping for a nice hot bath and a good sleep tonight, was going to go for a swim but just cant be ars*d dragging myself to the baths and thats just not like me ha i really must be pooped!!

also cant even put the baby on the floor off my knee without her screasming so couldnt leave her with my mum n dad!!

cant believe its almost the weekend! time is starting to fly :)

hope your all well...

diet good nothing to tell blah blah!!

loads of love from me and lissy xxxxxxxxx

So its friday, and i certainly have THAT Friday feeling!!

The weekends always seem to fly by and then the next thing i know iv done another week! Blink and sometimes i miss it!!

I have a book that i write all my cambridge goals in etc, and thought it would make sense to post some of them here. I also have a list of reasons i want to loose weight that keeps me going!

Goals.

1. Get into Ketosis - Done 11.10.10
2. Get through 1 week. - Done 16.10.10
3. Loose 1st Stone - Done 15.10.10
4. Get through 1 month -
5. Get to 18 stone - Done 28.10.10 and into the 17's!
6. Carry on after Peter goes to Afghanistan - Done and carried on doing since the 9th October.
7. Get to 17stone
8. Start Running...
9. Throw away my maternity jeans
10. Get BMI below 35
11. get to 16 stone.
12. get to 15 stone by Peters RNR in Feb
13. Get into my size 16 skinny jeans.
14. Get to 14 stone
15. Get into my "boyfriend jeans!
16. Loose 100lbs
17. Get to 12 stone
18, Get into a size 12 by April for hubys home coming!

So i am steadily getting through my goals, another one ticked off today as i am 17st 12lbs - had a sneaky weigh in, will be official on Monday and hopefully a bit less!!

My clothes to fit into challenges are:-

*Little black dress -
*Cream dress i wore to our friends wedding just before falling pregnant, was 14 and a half stone then and a size 14-16 -
*Boyfriend jeans -
*Snoopy tshirt - size 16 (i have huge boobies) -
* Peters army combats!! hes so skinny -
*Wellies not to be tight on my calves important for lissys first time in the snow! -

My top 5 reasons to loose weight ( i have 38 important reasons) are :-

1. So my beautiful baby and Husband have their mummy around for as long as possible.
2. To be in controll of food, and not scared of its controll over me.
3. To have another baby.
4. To not hate skinny people and enjoy clothes shopping.
5. For peters home coming parade and the photos that will come with it!

Having a wonderful day today, the postman came with 2 letters, one for me and one for the baby, cried for the first time since peter left reading the baby her letter off him, not bad when hes been away 4 weeks lol

the letters have given me another huge boost, its as if every time i hear from him it makes me remember why im doing all this!

2000 miles apart is nothing when your as in love as we are, adn 6 months is a blink of an eye compared to the rest of our lives,

less than 3 months til hes home for a fortnight and then only 8 weeks to push after that, it all seems doable, and im really worrying i havnt enough time to get to goal lol

dont think he would take it well if i asked him to stay a couple more weeks!!

I dont feel like im on a diet, strange, when all i can normally think about is food... feel like im breaking my food demons down day by day!

loads of love to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont feel like im on a diet, strange, when all i can normally think about is food... feel like im breaking my food demons down day by day!

Wow, what an inspiration you are to all, enjoyed reading your diary and well done, you are doing amazing, I have tried dieting many times but failed miserably, I think the reason you feel you are not on a diet (same to me this time round) is that you are in the right mind frame this time same as me. Take care chick and keep on the good work!

Aww, I like your idea of having a list of goals I never thought of it that way before. Think I might try that one too, maybe help keep me motiviated, once the weight is off it's the putting it back on again that I'll fight with. Your such an inspiration.

TBH I lost my dad last summer, he was trying to get to a young lad but he got caught in the second explosion and died on impact. The young lad died later in hospital. Everytime there's a knock on the door I panic I'm terrified it'll be 2 officers standing there to tell me somethings happened. Maybe it's because it's only been a year, but you never think it's going to happen to you and then 2 officers were knocking on my door in the middle of the night. But on a good note I got a letter today, I sat on the kitchen bench and sobbed like a baby tears of joy of course.

Have you thought of painting her feet? I've got Dom's spare beret here and his spare uniform so am seriously considering getting some photo's taken in it ;) he'll never expect me to do that in a million years, was going to wait until wedding but hm... what do you all think!?

Have looked for Zumba but their all still hyped on spinning classes :( Think I'll have to look further a field.

Re: Lauren's Afghanistan weight loss diary! 2 stone in 4 weeks!!

Well done on your weigh in... that's absolutely fab!! Can't wait for you to get to when your hubby gets back... he is gonna be amazed

Aww, I like your idea of having a list of goals I never thought of it that way before. Think I might try that one too, maybe help keep me motiviated, once the weight is off it's the putting it back on again that I'll fight with. Your such an inspiration.

TBH I lost my dad last summer, he was trying to get to a young lad but he got caught in the second explosion and died on impact. The young lad died later in hospital. Everytime there's a knock on the door I panic I'm terrified it'll be 2 officers standing there to tell me somethings happened. Maybe it's because it's only been a year, but you never think it's going to happen to you and then 2 officers were knocking on my door in the middle of the night. But on a good note I got a letter today, I sat on the kitchen bench and sobbed like a baby tears of joy of course.

Have you thought of painting her feet? I've got Dom's spare beret here and his spare uniform so am seriously considering getting some photo's taken in it ;) he'll never expect me to do that in a million years, was going to wait until wedding but hm... what do you all think!?

Have looked for Zumba but their all still hyped on spinning classes :( Think I'll have to look further a field.

Goals are a fab way of keeping you going hun and breaking it down into little peices..

totally know what u mean about the officers knocking on the door, i told peter if i ever saw them walking up my drive again i wouldnt answer and would run as fast as i could....

you cant let it ruin your life tho hun, youve got to keep going!! always remember he was a hero.

yeah get photos in his uniform y not! one of my goals is to just get into peters ha sod the photos! if i can zip his combats up id be jumping round hahah

Wow, what an inspiration you are to all, enjoyed reading your diary and well done, you are doing amazing, I have tried dieting many times but failed miserably, I think the reason you feel you are not on a diet (same to me this time round) is that you are in the right mind frame this time same as me. Take care chick and keep on the good work!

oh absolutely chick, its all about mind set!! so positive this time round, glad ou are too! thanks for popping by! come back and let me know how your getting on! xxx

Well done on your weigh in... that's absolutely fab!! Can't wait for you to get to when your hubby gets back... he is gonna be amazed

aww i fell like your all doin it with me haha

will put all the photos on of homecoming so its like your there too lol xxx

Re: Lauren's Afghanistan weight loss diary! 2 stone in 4 weeks!!

And is that in Feb....

He has 12 days home in Feb hun then bam out til April that's when the propped homecoming is!!

Xxx

So its almost the end of the weekend, well half way through i suppose!

learning to embrace the 2am wee wake up calls, the bad breath, and my tongue sticking to the roof of my mouth each morning!

so excited for weigh in, only 2 more sleeps lol, been working out my losses, and if all goes to plan should be well on track for goal!

been having a look on fashion union website, not sure if im allowed to say that... sorry if not!

found a lovely outfit for Feb when i pick peter up from the RAF base, its like a knitted tunic with skinny jeans and going to wear flat pumps, not very figure revealing but hey it wil be bloody freezing haha

the big dress will come in April, so will need all your help to find e something beautiful!

Another week of diet almost done, and week 5 coming into sight of hubby being away, coping really well with both, even if i say so myself!

worried i sound almost cocky in my posts, how wonderful am i blah blah

forgive me if thats the case, i really dont intent to come across that way just trying to be positive!

im not takin this diet lightly, i know about the trials and tribulations were all going through, i think im just coping with them as i havnt got time to sit and think about them without ending up depressed with everything going on at the moment!

ignorance is certainly bliss as they say!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and a super spooky Halloween!! xxxx

Hii Lauren, reading your posts inspired me to start a diary too :) I'm going to a ball in December I already have a dress but need to loose more weight to feel comfortable. I think the outfit for welcoming your husband home sounds great.. love to look at nice clothes and its a bit easier now I'm in 16/18. Don't apologise for saying how your weightloss is going.. well done.. I hope it rubs off on me, I've been a bit glum lately.. alot going on at home.. I have a neighbour that has put me and others through hell for the last six months.. he installed a sound system in the flat above me and each weekend became a night club for two nights.. it got so bad that I had to leave every weekend, which is horrible when you want to be at home.. this weekend will be the final one as finally he is going next week :D perhaps now things will start to look up.. well done again xx

It's 12.50 and I can't sleep!!!

These shakes have my sleep pattern up the wall!!

Worse still Lissy will b up at 5am not 6 cos of the clocks!!

:( considering nytol for tomorrow if ther allowed! Xx

It must be something in the air, it's almost 3 in the morning and I'm wide awake!

You don't sound cocky at all, it's a real inspiration to read your posts and they cheer me up no end so don't you dare stop.... You are coping really well with DH being away, you've got a fabulous homecoming to look forward to and that's really going to help.

Of course, I've got to fend off Robbie in July, so that's my goal....

Have a lovely Sunday, love MrsMac

hey huni just catching up on your diary - you are doing faaaaaab :)

I can relate to the sleeping patterns - these shakes give me sooo much energy, apart from last night and I was soooo tired but woke up this morning to a monthly visitor so that was why.

Your hubby is going to get such a shock when he sees you - come on operation homecoming - love it :)

xxxx

Well done Lauren, your doing so well!

Im doing a rather insane fund raising event for Help for Heroes, if anyone with Military links wants to join me :)

Back