Afternoon boys and girls!!

BREAKTHROUGH!! LOL

I just made up a strawberry shake and added three ice cubes and three sweetener tablets (I know, I know) and not only can I drink it but I'm enjoying it!

I have a feeling I'm only going to like the strawberry packets though, so other than being mind-numbingly boring does anyone know if there's any drawbacks from only having one flavour shake throughout our LT journeys? xx

i put extra water in them so they're not too thick.
you can do it rainbow!!
x

Rainbow, I have 2 strawberry shakes and a flapjack each day and I still look forward to them. It doesn't bother me that it is repetitive, in fact I usually look forward to them.

I don't think having the same flavour will affect your weight loss but you may get bored with the same thing every day.

Good luck.

x

Thanks for that cuddlyfairy, makes me feel better about it because I have a feeling I'll be living off strawberry shakes alone! x

Hey rainbow ;) Glad you found away to get the shakes down. im a strawberry and chicken soup fan already. Today been hard , got a wee headach this affy that just wouldnt quit. Peed on a stick today and aparently im in ketosis, but still been feeling a bit sick and hungry so not so sure

Ketosis already? Awesome stuff :) Are the Ketostix expensive and whereabouts in a supermarket/pharmacy would you find them?

Just in the middle of trying to choke down my vanilla shake. I know it's late but I was concentrating so hard on drinking my water that I didn't realise the time! Vanilla is rancid though... I'm sticking to strawberry from now on though obviously have to get through the rest of my choc and vanilla ones for this week.

Headache eh? How about a nice hot peppermint tea with some paracetamol and an early night? As far as I'm aware days 3 and 5 are the worst so you've done brilliantly to get through today! Was it much harder than yesterday?

Don't forget the old classic of adding coffee to the choc and/or vanilla shakes. I add further variety by having the shakes hot or cold depending upon my mood. Hot vanilla reminds me of Horlicks and hot choc with coffee is just like a mocha!!! Am I deluded or what???:confused::confused::confused:

Nope! Anything that gives you variety is worth trying.

Rainbow, I believe you can buy Ketostix on eBay although you could ask your pharmacist. I'm fortunate that a friend is diabetic and gave me a couple of hers when I first started. I haven't bothered to check since the start.

X

Hey hey hey rainbow.

Yeah hmmm i feel like the days have been getting harder not easier. And my sis is a nurse so she gave me the ketosix so i didnt have to buy them.

I am thinking of going back to the chemist and doing a swapsy vanilla and chocolate for soup and strawberry . Will see how i feel tomorrow. Headache has gone now.

Well I'm glad your headache has gone, luckily I haven't been too bad with one today, just enough of one that treatment with my 4Head stick seemed to do the trick.

Forgive me for being rubbish and forgetting but did you say you've not told anyone else IRL about you doing LT?

Ooh, didn't think about trying to do a swap, didn't know they'd do it. Not getting on with the vanilla then? :(

Yeah i didnt want to twll anyone i was doing it. But when extra family were invited to my mums house for dinner today and im eating soup and they are chomping pork chops, they wanted to know, i just said im a diet, which leads wo, what kind of diet, what can u eat i'll make you somehting yadda yadda. So know every one knows grrrrr:mad:

Awww :( Who do you live with - is it just you and the little one?

Hehe I know that feeling very well :) Well at least as it's just the two of you you won't have someone breathing down your neck all the time about what you're doing

Okay hun, sleep well and feel better for tomorrow.

~Gem xx

Back