Original Ahoy Hoy! Newbie

Truckosaurus

Evening all,

Thought I'd make a quick post to announce myself.

I found this forum by Googling for a recipe involving lamb shanks.

I'm in my 3rd week of Slimming World (Tuesday weigh ins)

I've done SW twice in the past and found it an easy plan to follow and have had good results. Both previous attempts have faltered when I've moved (due to work) and not rejoined a class and the weight has slowly crept back due to the usual excuses of "I'm too busy".

This time round I'm in the lucky position that I can get out of work early enough to attend a class at 17h00 and am close enough to the office to be considering buying a tax-free bike from work and cycling into work - last time I cycled regularly was in the late-80s when I was doing my A-levels and was Thinner than Yul Brynner.

Hopefully I can contribute something to the forum rather than just steal recipe ideas....

thanks, Guy.

(shameless reply to my own post)

I should have added.... The reason I got off my arse and rejoined SW is that I went to the doctors for the first time in a decade to get some malaria tablets for my Xmas trip to Africa to visit my brother (photos on my website :) ) and a blood pressure test resulted in me getting a prescription for tablets to bring it down. My repeating prescription runs out in June and I hope to have got the BP down enough through weight loss and exercise that I either don't need tablets or get a lower dosage (and come off them by Xmas 2009).

Hello and welcome!!

Well done on starting again, thats generally the hardest part!

I have only been following SW this time since 5th Jan so am quite new to the site as well but have found it really helpful..

Looking forward to 'speaking' to you more!

Jo
x

Hello and welcome back. I am another SW returner and also have blood pressure, so here we go on a mission.

Welcome back!

Back