AJ's LL Management Journey!

I remember that it took a while to start feeling hungry. If I did, I had fruit. I also incorported a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack into the day so I wasn't leaving to long in between meals or packs. Also, I questioned whether I WAS hungry, or perhaps thirsty instead. Or was I emotionally hungry for some reason, or just tired or fed up or bored.

Glad you're feeling better!

oh dear - I'm not onto snacks/fruit etc yet - it's only day 5 - but this is definitely hunger!! Oh well, I'll just have to live with it I suppose. I am drinking like a madwoman and trying to focus my mind elsewhere. I'd forgotten what it feels like to feel this way!! If it gets too bad I might call my counsellor for advice. I can hold out now until later for dinner and then I still have a pack to go at bedtime - so it will be fine. I think I might also make an "adult" decision to have an extra pack (especially as I missed a couple earlier on in the week through bad planning - I was where the packs weren't!!).

You're doing so well it's fab! Very inspiring. I really appreciate all this advice you've been giving me.

Sorry Puss, I didn't appreciate that you wouldn't be on the fruit yet. I don't know why I didn't start feeling hungry for the first few weeks. Not complaining though!

It's a good idea to have the packs during the 'danger' times though.

Another lazy Sunday! The most exercise I got today was a walk to the paper shop - a maximum of half an hour.

Made lentil soup with roasted red peppers. Mmmm. Smoked haddock with scallops for tea, and home-made rice pudding - not for me though ... yet!

I have seven different types of fruit knocking around and have noticed that the kids are eating more fruit now. That may have something to do with the fact the I don't buy biscuits or cakes any more, unless they are for a specific reason.

I went to the supermarket last night and felt a frission of longing when walking past the dark chocolate digestives. My crooked thoughts suggested to me that dark chocolate was better for me than milk chocolate! Aye right! KEEP AWAY FROM THE BISCUITS!

Lay in the bath later and contemplated the loose skin floating around. Sigh. Would like to shrink it all away but it ain't going to happen. Boobs are awful really, but I would not contemplate surgery because I feel that the problem is too major and I whilst it may improve them visually, I may lose any sensation (!).

Ah well, it's a small price to pay to be slim, anyway. Most of the time I am covered up so I will just have to learn to live with it.

Gotta go to work now! Bye!

Well done you for staying away from the choccie biscuits - just one can be enough to trigger a big carb craving - I should know having had several over the last couple of weeks.:)

Know what you mean abou the skin and boobs though. I have gone from a 38/40D to a 36C and they feel kind of flat and empty. You know like some of those natural history programmes where the ladies have not had any support? Still my mothers a 38A so I should be glad for small mercies!:rolleyes:

Have you had any alcohol yet? I know it triggers all kinds of food cravings for me but I can't imagine abstaining forever!

Hi there Cake,

I have been able to have alcohol since week 5, but have not had any, despite going on two nights out since. I am just not interested at the moment. I would rather eat the calories than drink them.

Start week eight tomorrow, then, only four weeks to go...

Still feeling comfortable and in control. Wondering when it will all fall apart. Wondering why it hasn't yet. Hoping that when it does (as it inevitably will), I can stop it in its tracks before 'it' takes control ... again.

Had a stir-fry chicken for tea which I added spinach to at the last minute, so it was semi-cooked. Home-made lentil soup too.

I made some houmous using a recipe from the LL book. I added roasted red peppers and whizzed everything up. It tasted lovely with cucumber sticks. My daughter loved it too!

I am going to pop in to the Careers Scotland office to get some information about teacher training. Time to get the ball rolling, I think.

AJ, are you really enetering week 8?... Where has the time gone, it's flown. You are my inspration AJ, had it not been for your posts i think I may have said "sod it" already but i am doing well and feel relatively strong!! Thank you so much xx

Wondering when it will all fall apart. Wondering why it hasn't yet. Hoping that when it does (as it inevitably will), I can stop it in its tracks before 'it' takes control ... again.

Hi AJ - it MAY NOT all fall apart, that's a bit of crooked thinking coming through. You have done so well I'm sure you will be able to face and overcome any glitches. I think your willpower, steely determination, obvious pleasure in the new found you and the pleasure you are taking in your healthy eating habits will help you with any times that it does seem to be "falling apart." Of course there will be challenges but you now have the tools to deal with them...

Face the future with optimism.:)

Take care.

Joolz x

Aw, thanks for your kind words, Joolz.

I'll take your advice, and take myself off to bed now to get my beauty sleep!

Nighty nighty...

Went to meeting on Tuesday and stayed the same, for the first time. I guess that that's it, and I am happy where I am. This week (8) I can have potato, rice, pasta and noodles.

Wednesday - busy day. Fruit for breakfast. Home-made lentil soup and home-made houmous with cucumber/carrot sticks, and a chopped fruit medley for lunch.

Made chicken and noodle soup with sweetcorn for tea - very popular with everyone. Followed by roasted turkey with a jerk seasoning and salad (with roasted sweet potato). I put too much seasoning on the turkey - TOO HOT!!! Had to throw it away, hardly eaten! Ate the salad and sweet potato though. Hot chocolate pack to finish, later on.

Wore a new tunic top (grey/black) with cropped cardigan (black) and dark grey trousers today. Daughter said I looked younger (apart from my face, that is). Hmmm. She has offered her and her friend Suzy's services at the weekend if I want to purchase some makeup (foundation and the like). I only wear lippy and mascara usually. Foundation is too difficult to deal with!

At the weekend though I have other plans. I am going to the International Women's Day that our council is running at the local college. I have put my name down for belly dancing (great fun activity) and stress management. It will be interesting because it will be the first lunch buffet event I will be eating at.

I have taken the first steps to a new career and found out that I will have to do a HND in something to get Degree status (already have a HNC) in order to progress to Post Graduate Degree in Education, to become a primary school teacher. My local council offer a scheme where I can continue being a classroom assistant three days a week and go to Strathclyde for the other two to study for the PGDE - for two years. I can see that I will have a busy three years ahead of me. I can't wait!

I will look into doing the HND at a local college in the evening, or through Open University. Any advice from people who have done OU courses would be appreciated. I will open a new thread to ask too.

Hope you are all doing well with whatever weightloss programme you are following... remember, you only fail when you give up!

Hi AJ you continue to be a source of inspiration both in terms of your approach to LL Management and your approach to life. I am really pleased you are looking into next steps for your career, but I'm afraid I have no idea about OU or teaching.

Your food choices are wonderful - they all sound so delicious AND wholesome.

Staying the same weight - well that can't be bad can it, coz that's how its gonna be as your life is full of healthy food. As I say - an inspiration.

Morning all!

Busy day yesterday. Didn't have time to post. Felt bloated yesterday, really uncomfortable. Reviewed my food diary and decided that it may because I am eating too much fruit?

So, this morning started the day with two small boiled eggs (boiled in water) served on a bed of baby leaf spinach, with a small sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. Plus a pack. Really nice alternative to the oranges.

At playtime I will have a piece of fruit (a large kiwi, chopped up). Lunch at the pub - soup, and some chopped strawberries afterward (I'll eat them in the staffroom when I get back).

Teatime will be chicken breast with something. I can have rice so I may have some tonight.

Sent off for the OU prospectus relating to education.

Registered for race for life (my page is called:

raceforlifesponsorme.org/ajtabby

Not hinting or anything!

It's Red Nose Day today so I am wearing my jeans (suitably folded up at the bottom) and red/black/pink/white patterened tunic top. Topped off with a fluorescent green afro wig with curly pipecleaners sticking out all over, and red feathers on the end. It really suits me, the kids say!

Got to get ready!

Bye!!!!

Cannot find the green wig!

Had to go to plan B - pink feather boa and white/pink fur rabbit ears with pink, curly, long hair instead.

Ta ta for now.

well done aj for doing the race for life , im toying with the idea of that in carlisle , must look into it , good practice for sept.
started management yesterday !!!! scary , ill se you thread to motivate me :)

Evenin' all,

Great day today. No bloating at all. Had the chicken, marinated in teriaki sauce, and roasted in oven together with sweet potato, corgette, carrot, parsnip and red pepper. Served on bed of spinach (as always), with balsamic/ginger/cinnamon sprinkled on top, with a dollop of raita on the side.

Didn't have the rice but will have home made rice pudding later!

I am going to an International Womens Day event tomorrow. A workshop on belly dancing, and one on Managing Stress. Free buffet lunch (an interesting challenge), and will meet the family later on.

At lunchtime went to pub and met former colleague I haven't seen for many months (since before LL). Her eyes nearly popped out on stalks when she saw me! I am getting used to the compliments.

Got a lot done at work this afternoon, rushing around everywhere. Great. I presented all the P4 and 5 pupils who had entered my two problem solving competitions this term with their certificates, with prizes for the winners. Then I took photos for the notice board. It is particularly rewarding to present certificates to pupils who don't usually achieve much academically.

Well, the home made rice pudding was lovely.

Saturday morning up early. I had a couple of eggs boiled in water on a bed of raita (ran out of spinach). Then off to the International Womens Day. The belly dancing was fun. Had a couple of chopped kiwis as a snack then did the stress management which ended with a ten minute relaxation session - very relaxing.

The lunch was a disappointment though. No salad or fresh fruit. Curry or sweet and sour chicken with rice or sandwiches (can't have bread yet), quiche or pies (no no's). Ended up with a small amount of rice with a bit of s and s sauce (not the chicken because it was fried in batter), the curry was too spicy.

When I got home I had a couple of oranges with cinnamon and ginger, zapped for 2 mins in the microwave.

Felt a bit out of sorts, not sure why. Was cross that the dishes in the kitchen were still there when I got back. I asked pointedly who exactly was going to deal with them because I wasn't!

Took by oranges/water upstairs and lounged on the bed, reading. Felt really tired and shivery so got into bed. Ended up falling asleep! Came downstairs at 6.00 and made tea. Felt better.

Salmon with spinach, roasted peppers, sweet potato, asparagus spears (new taste), tiny bit of raita, balsamic viniegar dressing. Chocolate pack.

Felt much better after eating that!

Didn't do my walk into town today, or home either. The weather was too bad! Very windy and wet. The promise of snow for sunday or monday. I do hate driving in snow.

Phew, I've just read the whole thread :D

Just wanted to say how fantastically you're doing and how very very jealous I am that you are in management! ;)

Kath that's an excellent weight loss you have achieved, well done :)

Cath

Back