alan carr easyway to stop smoking

Hi LVLLT,

Well done that is fantastic, I know it is a struggle but well done you for not giving in. I still fancy a ciggie sometimes after nearly 6 years, but I know if I have 1 that will be it back to 20 a day. Still love the smell of a freshly lit ciggie!!:D
Well done with the weight loss too wish I could lose mine:(
Take care xx

aww thanks - you will get there with weight loss :) the stopping smoking is surely more important. and me too on the smell :D

:0clapper: Wow so glad you succeeded well done! xx :)

I can’t recommend the Allen Carr method enough. I packed in a 40 a day habit about 5 years ago and it really was as easy as the book claims. The basic concept is simple – smokers smoke for no other reason than they are addicted to nicotine. There are no benefits or pleasures to be had from smoking other than the relief of nicotine withdrawal and the book’s aim is to prove this to the reader beyond all doubt. Once you understand and accept this fact then it really is simple and pain free to stop.

I actually read Allen Carr’s ONLY way to stop smoking which is a longer version of Easyway and goes into a bit more detail but the basic concept is the same.

NRT is an expensive scam; a second hand copy of this book will cost you a couple of quid and even if you don’t stop smoking at least you’ll understand why you do – which is fascinating.

RIP Allen Carr.

here here nocturnal.
I must say im struggling the last couple of weeks - i havent given in but am tempted! i think maybe i should read the book again...has anyone else had this problem?

I did...and went on a seminar to reinforce it...and it worked...nearly 2 years smoke free now and although I sometimes "think" I might like a ciggie...I know that I don't really!

I finished this book about an hour ago and I'm feeling positive! (I know it's not been long but do feel like this is it!) I love the way he makes you see it for what it really is. I'll update on my progress as time passes :) x

nocturnal me said:
I can’t recommend the Allen Carr method enough. I packed in a 40 a day habit about 5 years ago and it really was as easy as the book claims. The basic concept is simple – smokers smoke for no other reason than they are addicted to nicotine. There are no benefits or pleasures to be had from smoking other than the relief of nicotine withdrawal and the book’s aim is to prove this to the reader beyond all doubt. Once you understand and accept this fact then it really is simple and pain free to stop.

I actually read Allen Carr’s ONLY way to stop smoking which is a longer version of Easyway and goes into a bit more detail but the basic concept is the same.

NRT is an expensive scam; a second hand copy of this book will cost you a couple of quid and even if you don’t stop smoking at least you’ll understand why you do – which is fascinating.

RIP Allen Carr.

I totally agree with the above. I too quit a 15 year 20+ a day smoking addiction with the help of his books, nothing else. My partner did too; this was 3.5 years ago and we've never looked back.

We would have spent £15,000 to £20,000 on cigarettes from then till now- SHOCKING!!

'Cold turkey' is the ONLY WAY!!

:)

I finished this book about an hour ago and I'm feeling positive! (I know it's not been long but do feel like this is it!) I love the way he makes you see it for what it really is. I'll update on my progress as time passes :) x

Good Luck, you so can do it! :hug99: xx

Thanks! Today's been the second full day without a cigarette! It's gone quite well so far, not really struggled, just had a few moments of thinking I wanted one, nothing bad though.

Although about 10 mins ago thought I missed it and wanted one, Allen warned me about this though so I'm ok! Lol I just keep trying to remind myself why I've stopped! X

Gonna order this book th patches irritated my arm but I really wanna quit hope it works :) xx

Hoping you're still a non smoker L-L! Stay focused and believe you can do it :hug99: xx

Gonna order this book th patches irritated my arm but I really wanna quit hope it works :) xx

Go for it and good luck, 6 years since I read the book. Not had a ciggie since! :hug99: xx

gigglepants said:
Go for it and good luck, 6 years since I read the book. Not had a ciggie since! :hug99: xx

Thanks hun defo gonna try i've got nothing to lose :) xx

Yes still not smoking! 4th full day today! Not struggling with the diet either! Day one I ate too much but have been fine since! Feeling very positive :) x

Yes still not smoking! 4th full day today! Not struggling with the diet either! Day one I ate too much but have been fine since! Feeling very positive :) x

Fabulous, well done keep it up :hug99: xx

Large_Lump well done stay positive you can do it, I have not had a ciggie for just over 7 years and that was after reading his book. It still sits on my book shelf just incase I am ever tempted in the future:) Good luck one day at a time xxx

Ordered this book from amazon cant wait xx

Back