Alcohol calorie consumption

Glenbo

I like to get drunk with my mates once a week,usually a friday night,I usually drink a bottle of red wine and half a small bottle of vodka (15-20cl of 35)

When i go out to the pub/on the town i drink Cider and black.

What would be good alternatives for these drinks?

I cant stand Gin or soda water! nor Lager or beer.

Would i be better off with two bottles of red and skip out the vodka + coke/orange? or better off with more voddy and less Red Wine?

Hiya Glenbo :)

If you're coming from a calorie angle then I'm not sure there would be much in it between the two? I know usually some people will try and move from Cider/Beer to a spirit with a low cal mixer if poss so that it stretches it out :)

If you're coming from an alcohol units angle then 2 x 70cl bottles of wine (from 9% - 13%) plus 15-20cl of Vody will give you around 27 - 29 units in one go

Lacey :)

Hiya Glenbo :)

If you're coming from a calorie angle then I'm not sure there would be much in it between the two? I know usually some people will try and move from Cider/Beer to a spirit with a low cal mixer if poss so that it stretches it out :)

If you're coming from an alcohol units angle then 2 x 70cl bottles of wine (from 9% - 13%) plus 15-20cl of Vody will give you around 27 - 29 units in one go

Lacey :)

Ahhh, she knows her booze does our Lacey :D

Hi Glenbo

I see you are doing zero carb. Firstly I am amazed that you can low carb and drink those quantities. I dont know whether to be jelous or concerned.

From a low carb and calorie point of view spirits with low cal mixer are best. Red wine is also fairly low carb. I would stay away from beer/cider as they are high in carbs and calories.

And for goodness sake make sure you have plenty of water and a good meal before you go out.

Thats it I have officially turned into my mother!

Jac

Thats it I have officially turned into my mother!

Jac

that really made me laugh :8855:

when i go out i stick to vodka with coke or orange ...but mainly thats cus i hate red wine :yuk:...love white wine..but cant drink lots of it (self confessed binge drinker :ashamed0005:)....i end up in such a state i cant stand on my own 2 feet :party0016:

Yeh im a proper friday night binger,i love getting wrecked haha! work all week,its my night out away from work and being daddy with my mates,my mrs gets her night on saturday.

I dont think i drink alot for somebody my size,a bottle of red wine is not enough to get any averaged sized man drunk and 35cl of vodka is those little tiny pocket sized bottles.

Infact i would say my mates do alot more damage to there bodys slamming 15 pints of stella down there necks!

Also i start early when i drink and drink slowly over the day...I'll finish work at 3pm..cycle home...quick shower...largish glass of red wine...

Then i'll have another with dinner and thats my wine gone,then i'll drink my voddy as im getting ready to go out and then i'll have a few pints of cider when out.

Or if i'm staying in (most of the time,i've only been out twice in 6 months) I'll do the same with the wine then drink my voddie with Orange later on with mates.

I'm a friday night Alci!

Maybe its a Somerset thing :p

It depends. Since I've started dieting I'm finding my alcohol consumption is a lot more difficult to maintain. A single bottle of wine is now having a much bigger impact on me than it would have last summer (although last summer I was a borderline alcoholic, so that might be why :p), on the plus side it costs me a lot less when I go out.

The other problem of course, is what alcohol to drink when out. My preferences have always been wine, whisky, gin, rum, and port... and finding a healthier combination out of those is difficult. I've now scrapped usual choice of whisky and coke or whisky on the rocks and replaced it with gin and orange; not entirely sure if thats better or not, but it looks better!.

It's kinda of annoying too, as I ordered a massive box of award winning quality wine before the christmas, so now I've got 14 bottles of damn good wine sat behind me in a box, tempting as hell!

Back