Alcohol question?

hahaha yumy subway ;)

I was on the Cambridge diet and also lost three stone. I drank on average once a month, give or take. I had a low carb meal beforehand. I always lost weight but probably not as much as if I hadn't of drank. The way I looked at it was that you have to treat yourself to keep you motivated. I always got back on track the day after.

Hi Nic i did the same when i was on cambridge i drank every weekend and just made sure i had a shake before and after and then water inbetween but the only reason i put this thread is because some people will wont to know if its ok or not, and like you say its personal choice but do it safely if you are going to. Ive been advised to come out of ketosis and then i can enjoy my night but the next day i know i will regret it so much when ive gained a stupid amount. So im just going to go out and see what happens ive not decided if im going to drink but if i do it will be vodka and soda with a dash of sugar free cordial that i will have to take out with me in a tiny bottle! None of the wine bars around here do coke zero my normal beverage is vodka and coke but i dont want diet coke that will take me out of ketosis!

Would you not rather gain a few lbs, which will incidentally be gone within a matter of days, than be violently ill and totally hungover the next day. One of the girls on Exante decided to just go for it the other week cos 'a couple of drinks would be ok' She lost the entire following day and it was a full 36 hours before she felt well. Because she felt so ill she ended up eating too and ironically ended up out of ketosis anyway

Remember any gain you get isnt a real gain, its water which will go the minute youre back on your packs, one day off plan and out of ketosis will probably get you back in ketosis within a day or so

Wont your sugar free cordial do as much damage as diet coke anyway?

Starlight I did not know this or I would never have had any alcohol on this at all. And I certainly wouldn't have posted a thread about it. Very useful and important info. Thanks

I new id seen that alcohol information somewhere, ive been rooting around for it for days! I never even thought of that way, it is just water we would put on and then lose it again! Of course, i was thinking id put fat back on but obviously you have to eat fat before it will go back on. So if i just eat healthy carbs as in wholemeal pasta with protein (spag bol) for example before i go out would that be enough or do i need to eat carbs all day????

i have 4 nights out coming up over this month and all with different groups of girlfriends so im going to tell them all that im on antibiotics so cant drink and then i will drive as well,
I will still have a fab time as im going out to spend time with good people and i can do that with a water and hidden bottle of dr pepper zero, also makes for cheap nights out lol , plenty of dancing and it will help me get to my goals even faster which right now is the most important thing to me xx

hope you have a great time x

Im more than happy to delay my goal by a week or so, so i can have a drink and enjoy my night! I live 5 minutes walk from town so no point driving! and my last 3 excuses have been antobiotics so cant use that one again, they are going to end up taking me to hospital thinking theres something seriously wrong me with.lol.

In the end you have to do whats right for you and i choose to have carbs and enjoy my night, dancing away but i will only be able to have a couple as it will go straight to my head! i think i'll sneak a small bottle of dr pepper zero out too! hope you enjoy your nights out too :) xx

Back