Alcohol Syns??????

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Pouchie, 24 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Pouchie

Pouchie Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I am going out this weekend and was wondering what is the most syn friendly alcoholic drink, i quite like bacardi and diet coke put cant work out the syn value according to the measure. In other words per glass what is the drink with the least syns. Thankyou :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Im not totally sure what you mean? If your talking spirits you just need to know if your glass is a single or a double. Sometimes pubs serve doubles as standards (for the £££) so its best to ask, or just specifically ask for a single if you're not sure, although again some pubs only have a double optic on the bottle. Also depends what optic your pub is using as a single can be 25ml or 35ml (so a double is 50ml or 70ml).

The syns book gives them per 35ml, thats probably better so you dont underestimate. All spirits are between 4 and 5.5 per single measure, heres the main ones:

4 syns
    Bacardi
    Brandy
    Gin
    Malibu
    Rum
    Vodka
    Whisky

4.5 syns
    Jack Daniels
    Peach schnapps

5.5 syns
    Southern Comfort
    Tequila

Basically I would stick to one pub and check/ask what size optic they are using (it has the ml written on the front so you should be able to see without asking anyway, uless they use a thimble in which case you can just ask for a single anyhow) and stick to singles if you can. Obviously have it with diet mixer.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.