Alcohol -

Pretika

Silver Member
Hi all I am in day 17 - It's my OH birthday tomorrow and we are off for a romantic spa weekend... I intend to stick to low carb meals throughout bit was wondering if I can drink alcohol and if so what ??? My CDC told me to just take a planned day break .. But I dont want to fall out of ketosis... So I am going to avoid the carbs for the day ... Any ideas

Promise to be back on track on Sunday !

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was told it can be very dangerous to drink alcohol when in ketosis. I tried it once and spent the entire night being sick (and I only had 2 glasses of wine!)

there is a sticky somewhere on here as to the "science" behind why its dangerous

I'd be interested in hearing other people's experiences :p

I wouldn't advise this at all, at Uni I drank on ss once and fainted when I woke up the next day. I think you have to pick one or the other: Take a planned break off and eat properly and be able to drink alcohol, or stick to low carb, stay in ketosis and don't drink. Whatever you decide have a great time :)

Ahh ok thanks for your advice ... I really want to stick to the diet ... Bit don't want to spoil the OH evening - it's the Gordy time we are going away without the kids for 15 years ! .... I will probably decide when I get there... Thanks for all your help!

Gordy ??? - first

Pretika said:
Ahh ok thanks for your advice ... I really want to stick to the diet ... Bit don't want to spoil the OH evening - it's the Gordy time we are going away without the kids for 15 years ! .... I will probably decide when I get there... Thanks for all your help!

It'll spoil the night an awful lot more if you're violently Ill pass out or end up in hospital because you drank in ketosis.

Seriously is it going to make that much of a difference to the night? If it really is so important you really do need to get out of ketosis. It's just not worth it

I hear ya!! I don't need to drink to have a good time - was just thinking of that lovely bottle of champagne .... No big deal !!! Sparking water it is - I will save the champagne for another night !! I just want this diet over with .... 3 more weeks !!!
Ta

Im talking from my own personal experience but I have a few vodka and diet cokes about 2-3 evenings per week and it hasnt affected me. Perhaps I feel a little more tipsy quicker but doesnt make me ill or sick. I wouldnt advise drinking wine or beer though. If your going to drink, stick to A COUPLE of drinks and make them spirits with diet mixers

i agree you don't need alchol to have a good time make the weekend away about being together and having fun not about food or drink that way you will look back with joy not guilt.

I am going on a planned hen weekend where there will be drinking and I know about the dangers of alcohol and ketosis. I have spoken with CDC and the plan before alcohol passes my lips is to knock myself out of ketosis with a meal with carbs and thats what I intend to do. I know I will gain weight and possibly alot with water and glycogen but I am prepared to pay for that by enjoying myself! Jayne x

Back