Alcohol

kristin

Totally forgot I had an engagement to go to on Friday, and I'm already panicking about drinking, gonna stay away from food and just have one or two drinks. Is there anything that won't bring me out of katosis? X

hmmm well on atkins diet you can get away with a few cheeky vodka and diet cokes and not come out of ketosis , I would it imagine would be same principles on CD

Oh I hope so, I don't wanna have a crap night and drink water, I would be happy with one or two drinks but if it means I'm gonna undo my hard work... I just don't know what to do x

If you CAN just have a couple and stop your a better woman than me...dont know about you but my will power melts with the ice in my drink lol...Im trying to avoid drinking for a few weeks...the local wine shop and chinese will be calling to see if Im ok;p

This diet has done something o my head and I'm sort of scared to go off track ha. If I had two glasses of white wine I could use lots of ice and some diet lemonade and turn it into 4 or even 5 weakened wines, I'm in work the next day so I know I can't go crazy but I'm gonna have to make my boyfriend promise me he won't make me go to a takeaway or Chinese, we always have Chinese on the way home, boo hoo x

I have had a extremely terrifying experience from a few drinks whilst on CD where I ended up in hospital unconscious, luckily my bf at the time saw I wasnt just asleep but was unconscious and rang an ambulance.

I would not recommend drinking at all whilst on ss or ss+

You need to bring yourself out of ketosis before drinking

Everyone things or a couple of drinks won't matter, that's what I thought, I know everyone is different but why chance it, just for a couple of drinks

Sorry going on but I can't stress enough how dangerous it is and from myself going through that I wouldn't want anyone to have to go through the same or the friends/family that witness it

Sophie

I think everyone reacts differently. I personally can drink on CD just fine (vodka diet coke I might add) and it doesn't seem to affect keto at all for me. I do, however, get drunk VERY quickly so I'm well aware of my limits and I certainly wouldn't recommend binge drinking whilst on CD. Aslong as you pace yourself and know when enough is enough, you should be fine but as I say, everyone is different! Tread carefully.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Oh my that's one bad reaction! How many drinks did u have, I would literally be having one or two I'm in work the next day so I certainly won't be having any more x

I only had 3 vodkas and coke.

What happens is alcohol reduces ur blood sugar levels normally u would have carb stores in ur liver to bring the blood sugar up again but we don't have these due to the diet. So blood sugar just gets lower then leads to going on unconscious etc.

There is a real reason they say not to drink anything but I found out the hard way.

I really dont want any of you to go through what I did. It's just not worth it.

It's not like eating a cake and having a slip up its serious stuff.

At the end of the day it's up to everyone to make there own mind up

Sophie

Kirstin if you're going to drink then get yourself out of ketosis. It's all very well people saying oh you'll be fine but you might not be. People can't assume because they were ok you will be too. There have been lots of posts from people who were told 'it'll be fine' and they ended up really ill. One person on exante a month or so ago had TWO drinks. Was ill at the function she was at and then was incredibly ill all the next day.

It's not worth it. If you're going to drink take your self out of ketosis. Otherwise stay on soft drinks

Yes I think I'm gonna just have diet coke I really don't wanna come out of katosis. It's not worth it just for one night, but thanks for the info, I can drink when I'm skinny x

Back