Alcohol

stevie.J

Hiya guys, I've just done my first week on SW first weigh in later. I was just wondering how you still manage to have a decent drink while staying in your allocated syn allowance, do you save them throughout the week? do you just drink and not syn it ? . I used to drink wine on a friday and saturday but but two decent glasses and my syns would be gone, I had one glass on the friday and saturday and went onto Vodka and Diet coke but Vodka aint wine. was just wondering how everyone else manages without getting frustrated about not being able to have your fave tipple x

There's a thread the same as this a couple of posts up. My opinion, you are on a weight loss plan so you need to make some changes, one of them being to reduce alcohol.
Drinking and not counting is deceiving yourself. Make the changes, get to target, then enjoy a treat.

Not counting isnt going to work. That would be an easy option for everyone. Have a bar of chocolate - dont count it. Anything that takes you over your syns, dont count it. Theres no point following a diet plan and making up your own rules, though worryingly it does seem to be a trend just now :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input guys is the low alcohol beer tasty ??? seems like a good alt for only 1 syn, also has anyone tried the low alch wine is that any good taste wise ?

I love my wine also. But I've decided to give it up for January. And I'm loosing a steady 2lb a week. In December I drank a bottle nearly everyday, I'd bought loads and was given loads and wanted to use it up so it wasn't in the house for January. I gained 11 lb. food was just about the same as usual so it was wine that caused the gain. I had my fist of 2 dedicated drinking nights on sat gone , I saved all my syns for it nearly. I found the first 2 weeks without wine a killer and now i don't think about it at home. Next weekend is my next drink day again I'm saving all syns. I really got fat because of wine. I loved the stuff and looked forward to opening the bottle usually about 4.pm lol. But I know it's my biggest downfall on a diet and in my life. It's what makes me fat. I'm gona allocate 2-3 days each month as drink days and look forward to them. Good luck. X
God I sound like an alco lol.

LOL I'm like you vanessal I just love the wine but it has to stop because I know its that what piles on the pounds for me I might do a designated drinking night like you and stick to vodka and diet mixers x

I didn't think it was much really but every night id have a glass when I got in and another later on. Ok and sometimes another lol. But that's 3 bottles a week and the reason I gained 1.5 st last year and another 11 in December. I've saved myself at least 12 bottles so far this month. Not only is my belly shrinking but I'm saving my liver aswell. I'm still not at the weight at which I rejoined my class in October. 1.5 lb to get back to the start then she can say vanessa has lost 2 lb today and so much altogether. It's embarrassing. A woman who started same day as me is now 2 st lighter. Stupid stupid wine. So not worth it.

Thanks for the low-alcohol Czech lager tip....will nip off to Sainsbugs at the weekend!

Its easily done though "oh i'll have a drink" then 1 turns into 5. I find it hard thought when OH is drinking I cant resist I did twice last week and was well chuffed. I might even try martini thats only 2.5 syns

Back