Alcoholic Drinks over Christmas! Damage limitation!

JaneyM

Morning All

I know that alcohol won't do anything to help weightloss... but... it's Christmas and I'm sure we all have a few night outs booked in the diary.

I was just wondering what the best drinks choices are when doing SW? I usually drink white wine spritzers but they are very high in syns.

Any tips for staying on track whilst still enjoying a few drinks occassionally?

Jx

Shorts with diet mixer are usually your best bet...wish they would invent syn free mulled wine and Baileys!

haha I'm being very careful at home! When you're out though they're measured units so no chance of going over your syns - unless you don't know when to stop of course :p

Thanks Guys. Will stick to vodka and diet coke then ;-) I wish you could get slimline tonic here.
Hmmm - syn free Baileys! No you're talking! x

Bacardi is also 2.5 syns for a measure

the only plus was that i didnt eat when i got home, i just sort of passed out.....hehe! My hangover was evil though - i wont be going THAT crazy for a while!

x

Feeling your pain EB... Gin & Slimline for me on Saturday... 34 syns later... xxx

I don't know how you girls managed to keep track - 50 and 35 syns... that's a lot of vodka/gin!! Out of interest, does anyone know the syn count for a mojito and also a margherita cocktail? ;-)

My consultant gave us a tactic that she used it was as follows:-
she decided how many drinks she was going to have and for the number she chose she put the equivalent amount of pennies in her pocket and each time she had a drink she moved them from one pocket to the other, and once she had run out she knew that she had used up her allowance.
Michelle

Back