Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hi All

Well the weekend has passed, and the party went well. I had the day off, enjoyed, was run off my feet, but soo glad the weather held!

Took mum and dad to the airport yesterday, they bought us lunch, and nothing in hotel was particularly healthy, so decided to not drink anything unhealthy but didn't eat all that well, so today they have flown out to Barbados, and I am on plan.
I haven't weighed as I am intending to try to get back to where I was last week by next Monday, and then to lose more after then, before mum and dad get back from their holiday.

Finishing my assignment today, can't wait to get that submitted. I actually can't believe that it is my last one of this year and after this it is just my exam to go...I say just very lightly!

Another busy busy day tomorrow! Music in the morning with Alex and then airport run again in the afternoon, this time to pick my brother up who flies back from Zante, then work again on Friday...can't believe it's almost Friday again already - where are the days going.

Trying to lower calories this week to try and get rid of the extra lbs that I have gained since Sat night/Sunday as I don't like gaining them at all! On a plus though, I have managed to try on and buy my first pair of size 12 jeans in possibly about 4-5 years! wow! Only 1 pair, but still, coming from a size 20, even 1 pair is amazing, and all the other 14's I tried on were wayyyy wayyy too big and baggy, so it shows I just need to get rid of a few more lbs now to get into 12's in more shapes and designs, so no excuses for not doing it!

Going to have a peek at everyone's diaries now. xx

You've been SOOOOO busy! Glad it all went well. And size 12 jeans.... wooooo!!!!!!

xxx

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your lovely comments :)

Today is another busy busy day (they don't seem to be ending at the moment)
I stood on the scales this morning, after planning not to...but have shocked myself, so I now know where I need to head to, 11 4 3/4 this morning (which hopefully is the absolute heaviest with the lunch out etc on Tuesday with mum) had a good day yesterday, and planning for today, and every day to my birthday on the 26th.
I am going to make a new ticker, to count the days, and will also write if I have had a bad day, or have eaten something I shouldn't have - but am definitely not planning that at all!

Today I am planning an 810 day with the packs I have left over, so Choc Mint shake for brekkie, Choc Tetra at lunch ( as I will be at the airport again picking my brother up) and then a soup when I get back this evening whilst preparing my little one's dinner.
For my small meal, I am going to have Tuna, Salad, and Cottage Cheese, possibly with a few shaved courgettes if I manage to get some from the shops on the way home.

Will aim for lots of water, but struggling a little without my water flavourings at the moment.

I think I have enough packs to try to 810 til Sunday, and then go to 1000 again with low carbs as I had been for the last week or so before the weekend party and lunch etc out.

Right, time to pack bag as off to music Class with Alex first!

Should be back in about an hour or so to catch up on diaries before the Gatwick run!

byeee xx

Crikey, you sound rushed off your feet! Liking the sound of your food for today :)

All that rushing about has the exercise box ticked, anyway!!!

xxx

Hello

Well work is now over for the week - woohoo!

I have managed to get through with only 1 tiny nibble of a cookie...which after the last few weeks is very good.
I have upped my fluid intake, and been having a shake in the morning, soup at lunch and then a Special K bar when I get in after a glass of water/juice to help tend off the cravings 'til the evenings, and it's definitely working.

Last night for dinner I had chicken breast, courgettes, mushrooms and cottage cheese.

Tonight I had, Chicken drumstick marinated with pepper, teaspoon olive oil, paprika and garlic, with green pepper, courgettes and onion. I wrapped it all in foil, and baked in the oven for about 45-50 mins and it was lovely when it came out, and didn't take long to prepare either. Chicken drumsticks I know are not the healthiest bit of meet from a chicken, but none the less, I didn't eat the skin from it.

I have really cut down on the carbs this week, and so far not craving them, which I'm pleased about too, as I was expecting too, and have realised that as soon as I touch bread I seem to gain/bloat, and being TOTM thought it not a good idea to add to already bloating!

Anyway, finally, 2 weeks today 'til Birthday...can I get to the 10's...ohhh I soooo hope so! x

Hey hon.
Sounds like you have been really busy......
Well done you for having a good week though and getting back on track.. I also try not to have to much carbs they definatley bloat me to...
You can do it hon you will get into the 10s for your birthday ...
Keep smiling your doing fab x

Hi Alex Mummy, just had a read through your diary - blimey you have had a lot going on and sound so busy but you have done really well with your diet. A lot of what you say in your first post I relate to, particularly about hiding from photos. We had an awesome holiday to New York in March this year and I am only in about 6 photos - such a shame.

You sound really focussed and I hope you get into the 10s for your birthday, I am sure you can do it. However after checking out your photos you look fab already. I am sure you will be in all the photos this Christmas. Keep up the great work x

Hello!!

Well, weighed in today and after aiming to maintain, I managed to lose! I am sooo pleased! I am now down to 11 stone 1 1/4, which I am over the moon with!
I am sooo hoping the weight loss will continue now, and I will be able to get into the 10's in the next 13 days for my birthday, my original aim of 10 stone 12 does feel achievable, but as we know with our bodies, they never seem to do exactly what we want them to do! Aiming for the best though, just to see 10 stone something on the scales will be huuuuge for me.

I know I am much much more than a number on the scales, and I have been pondering this thought recently, why 10 something is important, and I think it is about achievement and health too. I know once I am into the 10's my health should improve even more, and that feeling for me is even more than weight loss in itself. Of course, smaller clothes etc is exciting too, but it's not as though we have lots of money to enjoy all of that, so for me it's definitely the health aspect too, and feeling of being close to a healthy BMI, and knowing all the hard work I am putting myself through all of this year is really paying off bit by bit.

Also, another positive note, I passed my final assignment with 78%, so just my exam to pass now, which is at the end of October - lots of revision to do between now and then! (and hopefully a few more lbs off between now and then too!) xx

Hey hon.
Sounds like you have been really busy......
Well done you for having a good week though and getting back on track.. I also try not to have to much carbs they definatley bloat me to...
You can do it hon you will get into the 10s for your birthday ...
Keep smiling your doing fab x

Hey hun,

Thank you, I am feeling in a great mood today, 13 days to go 'til birthday, scales moving down nicely again too. Carbs yes, definitely! Although have taken a slight scenic route along Cambridge, it really has taught me so much, and being a scale hopper, I really have learnt exactly what foods do what to my body and carbs are definitely a killer to the scales for me.

Hope you are doing really well hun, I am intending on getting to everyone's diaries, but keep only managing a couple each time I get on before getting pulled back to little man or revision, or something else entirely!

I will get back to all of them though! xx

Hi Alex Mummy, just had a read through your diary - blimey you have had a lot going on and sound so busy but you have done really well with your diet. A lot of what you say in your first post I relate to, particularly about hiding from photos. We had an awesome holiday to New York in March this year and I am only in about 6 photos - such a shame.

You sound really focussed and I hope you get into the 10s for your birthday, I am sure you can do it. However after checking out your photos you look fab already. I am sure you will be in all the photos this Christmas. Keep up the great work x

Hi Wales,

Thank you for your message too! I am feeling lots more focused today. I always do after I have finished work - and then always struggle when I start again - it's all the food that goes past me all day! So I feel proud that I didn't succumbe to it this week.

Thank you for comments on photo's too, I hope you are right. It's not nice hiding from them all is it? But we are all heading in the right direction now hey!

Hope you are having a good week - as said above I am trying to get to everyone's diaries but keep getting sidetracked with so many other things!

That's great that you lost... SO close to the 10s now honey! You will get there in time for your b'day I hope! You really are an inspiration, always staying determined no matter what, and it is really paying off. Go you!!!

xxx

Well you are nearly there, I remember when I hovered the wrong side of 11 stone, I kept gaining and losing the same 2lb for about 2 weeks, then finally ping.... it happened. Once I got below 11 stone the weight came off really quickly again.... so fingers crossed for you, but if you stick to plan you will definately be in the 10s for your birthday.... well done!!

12 days to Birthday...

Today not such a good day, no chance of getting out running, as I am feeling rubbish, cold has been coming for a few days and my glands in my throat are playing havoc, headachey, and generally feeling tired and just not on the go today. My little boy is even worse, he has a high temp, and has been very sick this morning too, and is full of cold too, bless him :( He doesn't understand either, being so young - so is hungry, but doesn't understand the concept of trying to keep his tummy settled before eating. We kept him food free for a while, but have given him a plain biscuit before he slept, which he has managed to keep down so when he woke up was very hungry, so have given him a slice of toast with some water now to see how he goes.

Another bit of bad news, OH got a call about his uncle this morning - he has been in Spain and had an Aneurysm about 2 weeks ago. OH has now had a call to say after all tests and an operation etc, he has been confirmed as brain dead, and now has to be flown back to the UK for the final decision for all the life support machines etc to be switched off - so sad :(

To add to this!! (it's been a long day!) I got a call from my mum's next door neighbour, my brother's have apparently not been looking after the dogs too well and one of their eyes doesn't look good, the house is in a bit of a state etc etc. I ended up going over there and have bought both dogs back to mine, one is a puppy, and one is the older one. The house is not in good shape, so me, the next door, and my nan and grandad have cleaned up what we can, and the next door has taken my brother's clothes to wash them as they stank bad! (I don't think she should have to wash any of his things but she insisted) and so now we are trying to get the house smelling nicer again.
My brother - the younger of the two is really not happy with me as I have taken things away like mum's laptop, but if he can't behave and not have parties where he gets blind drunk and therefore has no idea who's doing what, then he loses priviledges like mum's laptop being there. I don't want it being ruined or anything, so it's now safe at mine.

Sooo as you can tell overall it's been a rubbish day - none of this really relevant to diet, but it helps to get it off my chest.

Diet wise, I have stayed on track.

I have had shake in the morning, 1/2 tin low fat tomato soup and Special K bar for lunch, and I am going to have a look for dinner soon.
With how I'm feeling it could well be - for the first time in a while, a ready meal - a low fat one, but one the less, with a few extra veggies on the side xx

Bigs hugs... that is WAY more s**t than anyone should have to deal with in one day. Well done for staying on track with food and here's hoping tomorrow ill be better.

xxx

arrrghhh!!! why does one day just roll into the next!?!?

Brothers!!!

I just have enough to deal with, without stroppy, hormonal erratic brothers! I wish he would see what I have to deal with, and what I do for him, without all the cr@p (sorry!) I have to deal with from him too!
It's so infuriating! I have to go back again today, to sort the hot water out for them, if I was a horrible person I wouldn't bother...sometimes I am too nice for my own good!

So far 1 shake down, not sure what I am having for the rest of the day yet, a special K bar and soup at some point, not sure what else yet x

Awww big {{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} families eh? I am glad I dont have a brother, my sister is bad enough!!
Hope today brightens and you are less stressed... take care of yourself and your little one!!

Awww bless you hon big hugs coming your way sounds like your having a tough time at the moment......
The big sis having to deal with everything.. must be tough .. Im one of four and Im the third one down.. but i definately wouldnt have my oldest sister helping me sort things out she can only just look after herself.. lol
Hope everything works out ok . x

10 days!!! 10 days to my birthday...scales not moving...hhmmm stress?? TOTM?? could be either of those I guess, could be not enough cals I guess, but I am struggling a little to eat enough, but it is either a case of not enough, or I could swing totally off balance and eat wayyyy too much at the moment.
Yesterday was definitely one of THOSE days.
Fixed the boiler at my mums house for my brothers (why at times I don't know, but I did) left there and then went to Asda to avoid another run in with the brother. Had forgotten my lunch and just had a special K bar around half 11 (it was now half 3) and I was starving- belly rumbling very very loudly allll round Asda. Decided to pick up a big litre bottle of water, some more Special K bars, and some special Baby offers for my little man, then as the cafe has been changed over, sat in the McDonalds there (of all the places when hungry!). I bought my little boy some Chicken nuggets to eat which I had to break up, and smell ahhh they smelt yum, but resisted so well!
I sat and ate Special K bar and water, whilst smelling the Mc D's allllll around me.

Very proud that I resisted because it was unbelievably tempting to have some nuggets myself, thinking they would be the most sensible option etc etc, but talking myself out of it at the same time, thinking 10 stone something, 10 stone something...

Anyway, got home eventually and had chicken fajitas, avoided the sour cream, had some v low fat mayo instead and some guacamole - l.f option was out of stock so just had a small amount of the normal (nothing like my old fajitas) and packed them out with onion, and peppers etc. Yum!

Today's plan foodwise is -

bowl of Special K - yoghurty & Skimmed Milk.
red grapes
Strawberry Shake
Leek & Potato Soup

Fingers crossed scales start moving soon...please please (scale god please lol)

Back