Alexmummy's learning journey...

Agree with Laura, don't see it as failure in any way, because it isn't... you are SO close hun and have come so far. 810 is a brilliant plan and no reason at all why you cannot get to goal by the time you thought using it... Hope the dizzy spells are gone, must be a worry and think you made totally the right decision.

xxx

Hey hon
Just wanted to say dont be disappointed for finishing ss, 810 is a great step and I am sure you will enjoy being on it and before you know it you will be on 1000 which is great as you can add fruit too..
Hang in there your doing fab x

Morning posters and lurkers too!

I'm confused this morning still...(nothing new there I here you all saying!)
The scales are still (!!) increasing with being on 810, and I just don't get it. When I went up to 810 before I STS for a day or two and then continued to lose, but this time the weight that I had been losing over the week has jumped straight back on, and now I am gaining weight...not good. I am not sure if this is due to ye olde dreaded 'C' word as do feel a little bunged up but not sure how much can possibly be related to that. I know I have to start eating again, and I know with the dizzyness really kicking in and making me feel as bad as it was/is that I have to move up, but this is really scary for me. Official weigh in, is tomorrow, and really wanted to have lost more rather than either STS or put on.

I know I can't physically change the numbers on the scales but what on earth is going on? I'm weighing my protein/measuring the salad/veg where I can and still drinking my water. Help! xx

Baffling... think it will be a blip and will even out, you need to stay calm and not panic. Carbs shouldn't be to blame, there aren't any to speak of on 810? Maybe KD can advise? Don't do anything drastic, just hang on in there... it will be OK.

xxx

Not giving up, not going to binge - not even hungry to be honest - so must still be in Ketosis - which I'm happy about, just want scales to get hopping down again. Def not TOTM related, and don't think water retention, but that I guess I could never really know for certain.
Think I may have to settle with the 'C' thing, maybe try a hot tea and see if it helps at all as sometimes this does - just frustrating when so close and then the scales do a U-Turn for no real reason!

How are your clothes fitting? Do your scales normally match up with your CDC's?

Ps. If it is the C thing,at least the weight loss will come quickly when the problem is resolved. I found the combination of Movicol (needed a few at first) and then doing a stomach massage solved the problem. I then took the husks prophylatically.

Oh, THAT C thing... sorry!

xxx

I think you're doing really well! There's such a small difference between SS and 810 that you won't notice any real difference in terms of losses. Also bearing in mind that you have a little one to look after your body was probably telling you it needed more food and so moving up is the right thing to do.

As for the gain - it's temporary. Whatever it is that's causing it won't last. It is physically impossible to put on fat when only ingesting 810 calories!! Even if you were laying in bed all day (oh and how I wish I could) you'd still lose fat on such a low calorie plan.

Just keep going and don't worry too much about the scales. You'll get a wooosh one day and several lbs will be gone overnight - mark my words! ;)

Oh, THAT C thing... sorry!

xxx
Were you thinking the C thing that only happens once a year? Now that would have been bad!

Alex alex alex - look at you!! Wow. What a difference. You should be beaming woman. x

Christmas?

If it is the C thing,at least the weight loss will come quickly when the problem is resolved.

Erm, yes, that would be a long time to wait!

Nooo, was thinking carbs. That's my 'c' word!

xxx

Thank you. Decided to upload new Avtar and latest photo in my dress I wore to cinema on halloween. The avtar I look a bit squished in on here, but in the photo albums bit it doesn't look so bad lol.

Definitely no 'c' carbs happening at the moment, only the other 'c' which lead to some senna this morning, which lead to some tummy cramps this afternoon, so drinking lots to help that, so fingers crossed, and hoping this will all help for tomorrow, and weigh in.

I still had really bad dizzyness last night, so I know I am definitely doing the right thing sticking with 810, don't really want to go any higher at this stage and especially know I need body to adjust. Think I just need time on 810 to let body recover from SS again, and maybe body to come down from lots of up/downs from the last few months course/exam/stress/finances (only going to get worse) and so on.

So, thank you for all your words of wisdom this morning, they all do mean a lot to me, and I do listen. You ladies are all my inspiration, and at times without you, I do feel like I would have spiralled on a slippery slope, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you! Truly!

xx

Just an update, tuna and salad with cottage cheese for tea this evening with more water, and tummy cramps got worse and worse...'C' thankfully has now gone, and I hope I will not have to take Senna again (ex lax) for a long long time, those pains were like earlier on labour pains in the end! Praying now things will all balance themselves out. Will start taking the psyllium husks tomorrow, and quite frankly on that subject from me, 'nuff said I think.

I will sleep well tonight - once tummy has settled and stopped growling at me xx

Hooray... dreaded 'c' is vanquished! Much better than waiting till Christmas... lol. Hope you have a great day and the scales are kind...

xxx

Hooray... dreaded 'c' is vanquished! Much better than waiting till Christmas... lol. Hope you have a great day and the scales are kind...

xxx

Haha - thank you Katy - definitely much better than waiting 'til Christmas :)

Fingers all crossed for scales tonight xx

Morning everyone,

Well its D Day again - well weigh in day to be exact lol!
A quick look on the scales looks like they have come down from the last few days, so fingers crossed for tonight. I'd love 2lbs+ after switching to 810 on Sunday, that leaves me with 2 more weigh ins to go until the outfit finding 'sesh and 4 weigh ins 'til the wedding. It's all getting soooo close now, and I know if I don't hit goal or 'healthy' in that time it's just not going to happen before Xmas.

My December plans lie a bit like this:
Sat 5th Dec - Wedding
Sat 12th Dec - My Little boy's Party
Sun 13th Dec - Friends Little girls Party
Mon 14th Dec - My little boy's actual b'day - going to theatre
Fri 18th Dec - Results day from exam + meal out to celebrate or commiserate
...then the obvious xmas and so on

My plans for December are to (please please) be at goal weight before the 5th, and then to eat at the wedding, then to get right back on track during the week and reign it all back in, and this is the plan in between all the events, and for the parties the following weekend, not to pick badly at all, as there is no 'reason' to, but to be able to enjoy a small piece of cake with my little boy and to be able to have the meal with my OH and a glass of wine to either commiserate or celebrate my exam results on the 18th. I really don't want to put on weight over this time, so I know how hard I am going to have to work to keep it off, and how much the choices I make are going to affect the scales very very much. They will also affect how much work I have to do in January, when I think I will intend too get down a little bit lower probably to around 9 stone 10 ish...but I am going to aim to do that calorie counting and exercise as my skin is really beginning to not be so nice nice and I feel that the exercise is definitely becoming a big priority of all this now. Also OH'S job finishes on 28th Jan so I just won't be able to afford CD packs then either. I have these plans, I just need my body to follow suit...that's the tough part :-S

Fingers all crossed for you Alex, you have a good plan and I'm sure it'll all work out well for you. You have done so amazingly well so far. :)

Back