Alexmummy's learning journey...

Soooooo impressed about 'the pause'. You've made me think about doing the same. I'm going to really try. You have a very busy time coming up, fingers crossed for exam results!! xx

Who am I kidding? One hour after posting this I ate 2 chocolate biscuits. Bad Bess.

Last edited:
Well done you - sounds like you are doing so well. Although its hard work it must be uplifting to realise that you are starting to break those old habits. I love the 'pause', it just makes so much sense - i'll have to remember this next time i'm munching on cooked chicken stood at the fridge instead of turning it into a meal! Keep it up xx

A quick update - I still don't have a new laptop charger at the moment - it's being sent in the post - so I'm grabbing borrowed time at the moment to come on here.

Diet is going ok, scales are up then down then up but TOTM is looming so trying to ignore a little though as always this is v frustrating when I have less than 3 weeks to SIL to be's wedding now.

I am working out everyday now - the OH is training me hard with run's, boxing, as well as resistance and weights to try and get me in the best shape possible for the day, for me to try and feel as good as I can on the day.

I feel in a battle against it a little at the moment, as out this Sunday to find my outfit so will be having lunch out with my mum then, then hen night next Saturday and then a take away the night before the wedding on the following Friday, just trying to pick the best options available, but got to keep training, and keep to the diet wherever I can.

I am sooooo hoping to get to goal for this wedding, but it does feel like it's slipping out of my hands even though I am working so so hard to try and get there, and don't honestly feel I could be doing anymore except being a recluse and not go to any 'do's' if that makes sense.

Anyway, I will be back to catch up with you all again very soon. I just hope the new battery charger pack turns up soon!

Hugs to all.
xx

Really hope you do it hun, we are all rooting for you. Hugs.

xxx

You are working so hard, well done, you'll look fab though you know, even if the scales don't read exactly what you'd like them to. x

Hi Everyone!!

I'm still without my laptop - still waiting on HP to send my laptop charger - have called to chase and apparently it's been dispatched...so shall keep waiting.

Anyway, wow the time is flying!! SIL to be's wedding is next weekend!! EEEEEEEK!!

Scales have finally FINALLLLLY dropped, and I am at 10 stone 2, just 1lb away, but my gosh it isn't without it's difficulties. Trying to exercise as much as poss and drink lots of water etc, and TOTM hit me like a tonne of bricks at the weekend - Saturday was soooo hard, I haven't had a TOTM like it for a long long time (sorry TMI) I just felt totally over-powered by cravings etc. Didn't go for chocolate or anything like that, but did end up having 2 fajitas - could have been worse, but still felt disappointed in myself, as I just felt such a loss of control and I haven't felt that bad in so long. Thankfully, Sunday came and the control was firmly back...and so was the shopping spree with my mum. It really was a lovely day, and we both picked good lunches today, and fresh squeezed orange juice half way through the day was just gorgeous!
I have totally fallen in love with Westfield London! WOW so many shops, so many gorgeous dresses, and I did eventually after trying on lots and lots of dresses manage to find 'THE' one ! Most importantly it's not my 'safe' colour of black, and it's err, well its very different to what I would normally pick, and err, well it's like this...

14775-albums1304-picture12598.jpg

There's another in my album photo's. Not sure the photo's taken do it justice actually, but have got lovely handbag to go with it hehe ;-)

and I absolutely adore my shoes - haven't worn heels for such a long long time, and my feet have shrunk 2 official sizes! From a 7 to a 5! That was a shocker, although have noticed all my other shoes have been slipping for the last 12 weeks or so.

So this weekend is the hen night - the food is at an Italian, which I am really looking forward to but I am also absolutely terrified of because obv calories and lbs! Any advice of what I 'could' eat lightly would be great! I can't find a menu online so I can't see exactly what's there. I won't be drinking as I am driving so will be sticking to either diet coke/fruit juice, but I soooo don't want to mess this up this close!!

Hugs all - I miss being on here!! xx

You look a million dollars! I love that dress and wish I had legs like yours to carry it off! The shoes are really pretty as well.

Well done Alex - you should be so proud of yourself. You've done brilliantly!

As for the Italian menu - it depends on if it's a traditional Italian or more of a pizza place. If it's traditional Italian they normally have at least a couple fish dishes, so you should be able to choose something like grilled tuna or seabass with vegetables and potatoes. For pudding they might do fruit salad or caramelised oranges with ice cream which will be a better choice than the tiramisu. Then again, it's only one meal so just enjoy yourself and choose what you really want, then get back to maintenance the next day...

Wowzer, that is some dress - you look fabulous, absolutely stunning. What a change you have made this year, I hope you are unashamedly thrilled to bits with yourself!

I am so jealous of big shopping trips, I have over spent on clothes this year so for last month and this I am having to make do with what I have bought already - no shopping for me - boring!

As for the Italian, like Alli says most places do fish or large salads with chicken. We went to my fave Italian recently for OHs birthday and I had risotto with monkfish wrapped in parma ham and it was totally devine. The taste was so intense to what I had been eating at the time it was a small portion but well worth the eating. I would go for something with a flavour you know you will really enjoy!

You look fantastic Claire, so pretty and love the dress, especially the colour. Have a great time!! xx

Loving the dress, you have great legs...I would never get away with that with my knees! Its great to get dressed up and feel great about yourself. You deserve to have a fab time out, sure you will make the right choices, just be determined to be back on plan and reign it in the next few days if you go over more than you'd hope. These things only happen once in a while. (well, in my life anyway...) Just nosed your pics and my god, you are a different woman. You really do not look the same at all. Your family must be so proud of you too. xx

Today I am soooooooooooo happy!! After what I thought would be/was a disastrous weekend, and being terrified of all the food choices available, TODAY, TODAY...TODAY (!!!!!!) I AM AT GOAL WEIGHT!!

EEEEEEEEEK!! I am finally 'healthy' and not overweight, ok so the wedding is this weekend, and I know by Monday the likely'hood of being overweight again is high, but I know that's temporary weight and will be off again in no time, because I am NOT NOT NOT going back.

After the New Year I will be setting myself a new goal a little lower, but for now my goal is to maintain my (eeeek gushingly happy) GOAL weight for the month of December, with the ups/downs of all that is going on this month.

Such a happy happy feeling :) Xx

AlexM, so, SOOOOOOO happy for you. You deserve this, you have worked so hard for it and been so determined. Sending a hug and hope you get a chance to do something fun or pampery to celebrate!
YAYYYYYY!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS CLAIRE!!!! So happy for you hon, you have done so well and so pleased you have got there for the occassion!
Keep smiling hon and you look fab in your dress.. Enjoy all the celebrations xxxx

woohoo Alexm!!!:D fantastic news, really really chuffed for you, well done for keeping on and getting there :happy096:
xxx

So very very happy for you Claire, well done. You are brilliant!! xxxx

Brilliant, well done, amazing you, enjoy it as you deserve it, yay yay yay xxx

OMG!!! I stay away from the diaries for a day or so and miss so much.......
CONGTRATULATIONS
:talk017:​
Thrilled for you hun, hope you have a fantastic time and enjoy being where you want to be, you deserve this soooo much! An inspiration!
Hugs xx

Hi Everyone!

I'm back finally! I think it's taken HP about 7 weeks but I finally have my replacement charger :)

The wedding, and my son's birthday were lovely, but the weight gain from this and other bits in between hasn't been so great. I also passed my course for this year (for year 1 of my degree) and celebrated that too. At present I have a not so great 5lbs to lose to get back to my lowest, not good, but I know exactly where it's all come from, and I am determined to get rid of it all again. I know it's Xmas next week, so trying to get some off by then, and the rest after Xmas Day/Boxing Day and carry on from there, as I know healthy eating is for life and not just a quick fix by any means.

My little boy unfortunately is poorly with suspected Swine Flu at the moment and has been really poorly since Monday, and fiance' and I are both full of colds now too, so have a week now to get ourselves well for Xmas - fingers crossed.

Hope everyone is well - have missed you all! xx

Back