Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to upload photo's but having probs with our bigger ones, so will have a go with a few of our friends photo's instead.

Anyway, the wedding day was lovely, I wasn't nervous in the end at all, which was fab, and a little shocking considering final alterations to the dress weren't done til the night before the wedding!

Chris cried through the vows - awwww, v v sweet.

It was v magical, the party in the evening was fab, everyone was up dancing, and it was just a really really good atmosphere.

Went on our minimoon last week, and have just put on a pair of size 14 jeans, and they are tight!! eeeeeekkk!! NOT good. Pre wedding I was weighing at 11 stone and the size 12's were just a little tight (I had stressed in the weeks leading up to wedding and sadly gained rather than lost in those couple of final weeks, but anyway, compared to 17 stone, was still happy on the day) I'm back now, and at 11 stone 6, for me this is very very very heavy, so have got to shift the weight.

I have struggled this week already, and been eating naughty food, am away tomorrow night at a friends wedding reception, so I know it won't be 'til Sunday really when the re-start can begin, but after putting these jeans on today I've seen just HOW bad the damage is!

I'm not doing low level CD as I just can't stick with it, and cannot afford it anymore so will be using my CD skills (trying) in with ww points and going for it, in the hope to shift 7lbs in the next 3 weeks, and get back into the 10 stone mark at least. I'd like to be back down to 10 stone 8 by the 19th November when we go for a meal/night out with our friends, and I think that is realistically achievable.

So...here we go again!xx

oooh had to have a quick look back...was terrified my weight would put me back at 'obese' Thank God I'm not quite back in that category - a lot of work to do, I will NOT be getting any bigger. I hate feeling this frumpy...even my nan and grandad commented yesterday how much weight I had put on :( xx

Congratulations AM...... you look absolutely gorgeous..... where did you go for your minimoon?

I have sadly put on 2 stone at least since getting to goal, so rejoined slimming world last week and lost 2lb, hopefully I will lose more this week too, you can eat so much more than on WW....

Yay, congrats on your wedding. I can't see your pics but you look fab and glamorous on your profile pic. x

Congratulations AM your dress looks lovely on you. And good luck with getting back into the 10's you can do it no problem.x

you look fab!

and congrats!

Congratulations hon!
I dont come on so often anymore but just seen that you are now married.
Would love to see some pics.... Hope you had a wonderful day and had a great honeymoon!
xxxx

Well, am on day 3 of re-start now, yesterday wasn't perfect. Went out with my brother and we picked up a hot chicken and soft rolls, and then it was a buffet dinner at quiz night last night. There was nothing there that could be classed as healthy.

I was better than I have been in recent weeks, so it's an improvement, but I have to keep on track and point everything...I know!

On the positive we did do about 2 miles walking too, and 4 miles the previous day, so I'm hoping the extra fresh air and exercising will help too.

So, onto day 3 today, have had my weetabix for breakfast (with skimmed milk) and a pint of water so far. Planning a raisin bagel for lunch with extra light soft cheese, and will think about tea once have decided on the shopping.

Considering going into town shortly to look for halloween things for my little boy, and may have a look for some healthy tea when there.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday :) x

Hey you! Pics please!!! Have you got any you can email over? Looking fab in the profile pic. The day sounds lovely, so glad that it went well. xxx

Hi Liz

Yep I could e-mail a couple over - I think they are just too big to put on here, and I'm rubbish at re-sizing!

Hope everyone is ok. I'm plodding on. Had a bad weekend, but determined head still here. Really want to shift 7lbs as quick as possible - within 2 weeks if I can!
xx

I am back on cambridge coz of the amount of weight I have put on, but I have managed to stick to it for 7 whole days and have lost 9lb, so well pleased.... I intend to stay on it until Christmas and lose as much of the nearly 3 stone I have put back on as possible.

Hey you, it's a pain when you put on, but so hard not to. Just think, at least it's only 7lbs! Defo email them over.
Did you ever have dress wobbles? I love my dress, but someone is selling one on a forum I got on, for about £200 and it's gorgeous. Keeping thinking, shall I get it just to try as I might prefer it? Not sure if it's cos mine doesn't fit yet, so haven't had that wow moment.

Can't wait to see your pics :)

Hey everyone

I'll get some photo's sent over Liz!
I've been v good for 3 days, and onto day 4 and feeling positive, and less sluggish already. Not rushing the weight in a sense, just making sure that it does come off. I know I need to get back into exercise too, and looking forward to getting back into gym in January when little man starts pre-school.

Would love to get comfortably back in the 10's before xmas, and will feel have achieved something if I can...or should I say WHEN I DO!

Determination is the key right??

PS. I am an aunty :) V happy and v proud of sister-in-law. I think she went through the mill a bit with her birth, and now has a beautiful baby boy to show for it.

My little man is poorly and has a sickness bug at the moment, poor thing, he looks a bit like casper with no energy :(

xx

Ooh, congrats on being an Aunty hun! That's lovely news, but sorry to hear your baby is poorly. Wishing him get well wishes xx

Awww hope your little one gets better soon, its awful when they are sick isn't it....

Congrats on becoming an Aunty, hope little one is doing well and mum is recovering from the birth.

And also Congrats on sticking to healthy eating for 3 days.... well done.

I am now 10 days down on 100%....

Hey hun,

Fab news on being an aunty!! how lovely! Hope your little man gets better soon too!
Well done on the great days! I'm finding hard to get to gym at the mo it must be the weather for me i think!

Have a fab week!

xx

Hey Everyone

Thanks for the congrats. Little man is well now.

Have eaten well for 10 days now, feeling so much better :)

Still a way to go to feel better in my body, but slow and steady :) xx

A new day, and pleased to see the scales moving in the right direction :)

Have dressed my little boy all in browns today, and with his brown hair and eyes - he looks soooo grown up, it's actually quite scary!!

6 weeks now til Xmas, and I'd be very happy if I could get back safely into the 10's - but I'm taking things steadily, and my aim on here so far is just to hit 10.13.

I am really enjoying the new ww plan - I hope it works well too if I need to use all the additional points on one day - like next weekend we have a night out, so I think they will probably pretty much all go in one night then, DS's bday, and a few coffee's out on the run up to Xmas.

I still need to up my exercise again, and am still motivated that come January my gym pass re-instates, so that's something nice to look forward to when DS is in pre-school.

It's really weird now, looking back a year ago, I thought I really did need to lose more weight, when looking at photo's I didn't - I think it was just a case of toning up, now I look at recent photo's and can really tell the difference, in just a stone and a few lbs! It's amazing what it can do to your body/self esteem etc. I hope I can really see when I get to that weight this time that it is toning and not weight loss that's needed quite so much, and begin to settle rather than push so much to lose more weight and fight too far into the 9's.

It's been a bit of a philisophical post this, but I think it's been needed in a way! 11 days into the new plan and I'm feeling so much better that the lbs are coming off, and although I don't like what I see on the scales still, I know it's much better than the alternative.

Have a good day all :)

PS - Liz if you read this, can you pm me your e-mail again - ta hun
xx

Back