Alexmummy's learning journey...

Congratulations on getting married! I haven't been online for a while so just catching up! Love your avatar.

Well done for nipping it in the bud; it sounds like your making great progress with the new WW plan and it seems very flexible and not as restrictive as CD can be. Good luck with it all xx

Hey hun, just caught up and sounds like you're feeling really positive. Know what you mean about looking back and thinking you have more to lose. I look back at me 3 stone ago and then I really wanted to be at goal, which was 1 stone less, but I looked great already. Would love to be there now! Will pm you now xxx Glad little man is better :)

Well done on being so positive..... I think with your positivity you cannot fail to get where you want to be..... and I agree how scary it is to see your children suddenly grow up....

Well, I lost 2 1/2lbs this week, so very pleased with that :)

Liz, I will sort some photo's and get them off to you.

Greeneyes and Sbridge, thanks for your comments, it all motivates me to where I need to be.
I really do like the new WW plan. Tonight I had a real hankering for a little bit of choc, so had a 'funsize' twix and 1 single fudge from Quality Street tin, have pointed these from the extra allowance for the week and feel satisfied with what I've had, rather than craving more and feeling guilty because I 'shouldn't' have had it.

Hoping to be down to 11 stone 3 or 4 next week (fingers crossed)

Hope everyone has a great weekend xx

Starting back on CD 810 today, it won't be easy, but have got to shift this gain, and more!
I've set my goal weight to what I really want, rather than a rough one this time.
I know Xmas is just round the corner (and my little boys party on Sat) but I really don't want to start New Year with even more excess weight to lose. Am determined to stick to 810 as much as physically possible even over the Xmas 2 days. Xmas Day dinner won't be possible I know, but am intending to have only very small amounts of carbs, and won't drink - that will be a mega factor for me.
We would really like to be following Sunshine's footsteps sometime soon, so want to get in the best shape possible to do so.
Also 810 enables me to go to the gym too, which I soooo cannot wait for in the New Year - as we had to freeze membership for 3 months for financial reasons.

Hope everyone is ok

xx

Hi Alex, just wondering how you are? Lots of us have come back to Mini's.....hope everything's ok. x

Hello Hello Hello!

I have been reading a while, and getting on ok. I'm not doing CD - but am on ww, and feeling ok. Losses are slow, but they are coming off and that's all good.

Really pleased to see lots of old names on here, it kinda feels like home :)

I don't often get time to post, but I am reading all of your diaries, and wishing absolutely everyone all the best.

xx

Hiya AM, glad to see you again and so pleased you have found a way of losing weight that suits you. I am doing WW too, had my first WI this week and lost 1lb, but that is not bad going from SS to WW with only a binge day in between..... lol

Good luck on your weight loss and dont be a stranger xx

Great to see you AM and to know that you are well. xx

Thanks ladies - I am definitely around, and reading posts - they keep me on the straight and narrow if nothing else.

Lost 2lbs at w.i. last night - happy with that, as anything though, just got to keep it going :)

I've read a lot of Mrs Lampards diary, and can really relate to a lot of the head mess up stuff - and thinking how I wish I had enjoyed myself more when I was at 10.3 and so on, rather than wishing to be lighter and lighter all the time. I have decided I have to enjoy life no matter what my weight, and hope that in turn this will actually help the scales. I think I have come to realise that although hopefully I won't be 'dieting' forever, I will have to always watch what I eat continuously. I know I am going to find this very very hard at times, as sometimes we all like to just eat what we like for a few days here and there without tracking (whatever plan, we're still tracking points/calories/packs etc), but I also have to realise that is NORMAL, and everyone does it. The difference being, people who are constantly slim, are able to do it for a few days and then get back on track and forget about it. These are just some of the things I need to and hopefully am learning.

I also have felt guilty for putting some weight on after spending so much money and time on Cambridge; however I still feel I have learnt so much through Cambridge, not only about food and how to appreciate it, but also about myself, and how strong I can be, when I put my mind to things. So, yes, I may have put on 2 stone from the wedding, but I am shifting it, because I am fully capable of doing so! I'm almost 1 stone down from where I managed to get to myself, and I should feel proud, but I do find it hard.
I'm thinking of popping to the library before collecting my little boy from pre-school today, so I can see if there are any good books to have a read of to get my head in a really good place to carry on, and learn all I can.

This is a bit of a random post I appreciate, but am slowly getting my head into the right place xx

Hey AM, so lovely to see you and glad that you are reading and keeping in touch that way, you may have read about the current book of the moment here being Beck Diet Solution, check it out if you fancy something along the lines of 'setting the head right', its def helping a few of us with the 'crooked thinking' and it's not a diet but it's a dieting tool so can be used with any diet.
Really glad you are doing so well with WW too, well done hunny xx

Thanks ladies - I am definitely around, and reading posts - they keep me on the straight and narrow if nothing else.

Lost 2lbs at w.i. last night - happy with that, as anything though, just got to keep it going :)

I've read a lot of Mrs Lampards diary, and can really relate to a lot of the head mess up stuff - and thinking how I wish I had enjoyed myself more when I was at 10.3 and so on, rather than wishing to be lighter and lighter all the time. I have decided I have to enjoy life no matter what my weight, and hope that in turn this will actually help the scales. I think I have come to realise that although hopefully I won't be 'dieting' forever, I will have to always watch what I eat continuously. I know I am going to find this very very hard at times, as sometimes we all like to just eat what we like for a few days here and there without tracking (whatever plan, we're still tracking points/calories/packs etc), but I also have to realise that is NORMAL, and everyone does it. The difference being, people who are constantly slim, are able to do it for a few days and then get back on track and forget about it. These are just some of the things I need to and hopefully am learning.

I also have felt guilty for putting some weight on after spending so much money and time on Cambridge; however I still feel I have learnt so much through Cambridge, not only about food and how to appreciate it, but also about myself, and how strong I can be, when I put my mind to things. So, yes, I may have put on 2 stone from the wedding, but I am shifting it, because I am fully capable of doing so! I'm almost 1 stone down from where I managed to get to myself, and I should feel proud, but I do find it hard.
I'm thinking of popping to the library before collecting my little boy from pre-school today, so I can see if there are any good books to have a read of to get my head in a really good place to carry on, and learn all I can.

This is a bit of a random post I appreciate, but am slowly getting my head into the right place xx

Wise post AM and something we all understand. x

Thanks Lelly and Bess, always good to hear from you both :)

I may have a look into that book - see if any of the libraries stock it near me.

Not too much to write about today; think we will be having some kind of Valentines meal tomorrow together, so won't be expecting much on the scales next week. A sts would be nice, even 1/2lb down would be fantastic.

I have just realised though, I don't have too many weeks to get swimsuit ready before taking to the pools on our little break away...that was a big eeek!! xx

Hello AM!!!

So good to see you!!! Seems to me like your head is in a very good place hun, I really identify with the not appreciating the place you're in... suppose that so much focus on loss makes you a bit obsessed, and you miss the kick of where you are actually at. Like you, I am hoping to enjoy the journey and not worry too much about the destination.

Sending a big hug and great to hear you so wise and chilled out. And again, I LOVE that pic, so happy!!!

xxx

Well, a bad choices weekend (but a planned one), trying to get back on the wagon today. I have a massive pull to Costa, but neeeeed to resist it.

This is the time I always find the hardest - having a day or two off and then getting back to eating healthily, and well again - and this is what I have to learn so much more of.

I know the scales will be up this week, and that in itself is fine as I know what I have eaten deserves too, but I also don't want to spiral so far that I'm starting again.

So far this morning I have eaten a Bagel with Philly light (took DS to Dr's so grabbed this from Mc D's instead of anything much much worse) and an apple (and a cuppa before I left) just need to plan out the rest of the day.

I am thinking a ham sandwich with ww bread and clementines for lunch, and a simple soup for tea, perhaps with a curly wurly to keep me sane (and in points)

Have a good day everyone, and thanks for your comments Katycakes xx

Hey Alexm, hope you're doing well hunny
Have a great week
xx

Hey Everyone

Well it's been one of those learning weeks this week. Could have very easily skipped w.i. on Weds as new it was going to be bad, and as always, even though I had planned the weekend off...and only the weekend off, I just couldn't get back on Monday or Tuesday either. Gained 1 1/2lbs, but glad I did go to w.i. as actually tracking properly again now, and hopefully will see a loss next week now. I'd like 2lbs, but we will see.

This is exactly the learning curve that I have been talking about, as most people can step off the wagon for a couple of days, where I seem to go mad for a couple of weeks/months and can't get back into it! So, I'm taking it one day at a time, and feeling pleased with each day that I track and stay within my points, even if I am using a couple of my weekly points each day at the moment - that is ok, and I am happy with that.

I really need to learn to be able to step off and on a lot easier, for when events and holidays etc occur, I seem to have like a switch saying now you're off eat everything in sight, and rebel against any kind of healthy eating plan whatsoever until you have gained so may lobs that no clothes fit again and you feel really uncomfortable and have to start again...weird?!?!? I have no 'normal' part saying, enjoy this lovely meal with gorgeous food and a few little nibbles, and then tomorrow back to fuelling your body with perfectly healthy food.

Headwork again? Me thinks so!

Morning Alexm, I think we've all been there hun, well don for not avoiding the WI and being accountable for your actions, seriously can't recommend the Beck book enough for the Head work, really helps with the rebel side of things...you'll find your way hun.
Wishing you a fab weekend & great WI next week
xx

Hi Alex, I think the WW (or SW in my case) is the way to go for me. I'm encouraged to read of your experiences with WW. There's so much to learn in order to maintain and think like a slim person, but I'm sure we'll get there. xx

Back