Alexmummy's learning journey...

Thanks Laura, it's the bread I've eaten with the soup that seems to have set me off. It's not been major binges, but definitely things naughty every day and off plan that I know I shouldn't be having.

My other problem is I didn't see my CDC on Monday, and we both forgot last week that I needed to buy 2 weeks of products, so I'm without my faithful bars at the moment, which I feel I need for work tomorrow and Saturday - not sure what I'm going to take for an alternative! I have a couple of pitta breads left, (mini ones) but I usually like them hot, and obv can't do that if I take them with me - so then I get tempted by the sandwiches and salads at work - all which hold mayo in them - so again bad choice.

I'm aware of these, so I know I know, I have GOT to get a grip on this and get back on...the 10 stone's are the next stone down I CAN'T GIVE UP NOW. x

Hmm can I play devil's advocate and get you to try to think what you could have instead of the bar? Perhaps some protein or something. It's easy to feel like you need it, but do you really?

I'm only saying this because a few days this week I've forgotten my soup, genuinely. The head monster had me thinking I was quite possibly going to d.i.e. without them once or twice but you know, I've actually enjoyed the challenge and realised I can get by. I bet you could do the same with the extra stuff :)

Btw, I found posting on here what I'd eaten really helped me to get me back on track.

You are probably very right, I think I just 'miss' them.

Ok here's my foodie for today - but please no one copy it because it's badddd and I know it.

Brekkie--
Shredded Wheat + Milk
Cup of Tea

somewhere in between!
Biscuit mixture :(
2 Biscuits with thin icing :(

Lunch
Danish bread, l/f butter - 2 slices ham

Dinner
3 small pitta's, l/f butter - 2 slices ham

Not good I know, but not as awful as some days last week. x

I know I'm the only one who can change things around, but I had to come on and confess that I'm not doing well at the moment, and having my first real proper downer of CD, and big blip :( x

Aww sending you a massive hug :hug99: I hope you feel better soon, both physically and with ignoring that pesky self destruct button xxx

Just wanted to say hope you're having a better day today. You can do this. It is hard at times, but you've come so far x

Hi hun,

You have done so well and come so far. It's so hard to get back on track when you've been sick. You can do this and really ,as annoying as it is, 1.5lbs compared to the 5.5stone you've shed is nothing. Fresh day today. Food diary to be completed and have a 100% day, just take each day at a time and be on here as much as you can.

Thinking of you and giant hugs coming your way xxx

Sunday 2nd August...

Well I am FINALLY taking the bull by the horns after standing on the scales this morning and them moving up again!!
Not happy at all - I think it's hormones that have pushed them up again, but it's me that hasn't let them move down, SO, today I AM taking control again, now I have got some more CD products also, I feel a bit 'safer' again.

So I'm probably looking at around a 3lb gain in total - NOT good, and very disappointing, but it has to stop now, and it has got to come off again.

I have decided to go back down to 810, because the carb options are killing me on 1000/1200 at the moment and I'm just not ready to tackle them just yet, and not whilst I'm so far away from goal either, so I'm going to go back to 810 until I have got to 10 stone 13, and then I will push back up to 1000 and then onto 1200 again, as I think for me this will be the right thing to do, and will teach me the correct way around things.

Since I have had bread, this is when I have gone way out of control, and I need to get that control back, and perhaps move slower with the plans, now I have the job, I am able to do so a little bit more.

So, so far today I have had...

Brek
- 1 Choc Mint Shake

Lunch
- 1 Caramel Bar

Water + 1 Cup of tea with skimmed milk.

Plan for remainder of day -
- Choc Shake
Cottage Cheese + Cauliflower with black pepper & courgette if I can find some in the fridge.
- More water.

I know this can't really change my W.I. tomorrow, but I do need to get back the control and feel 100% again. I need to do 1 day at a time, as at the minute, it's been a nightmare and I keep thinking, 'can I REALLY do this?, Am I cut out to ever actually get to goal?'

xx

Well done you. You sound back in the right mind set again. I put on 4lbs I'd lost so I know how it feels... I set a mini target to lose the lbs I'd put on and it's really kept me focused.....

Good luck and keep strong xxx

Well done AM on realising what was ruining your self control, bread... I haven't really eaten bread yet, although had a bagel the other day with very low fat cream cheese, plus had pitta bread too. Am desperately trying to cut down the cost of my food bill so we have been having alot of beans, not baked beans, but kidney beans, aduki beans etc and have lentils planned for the family this week, I am trying to get them to eat more healthily. Good luck for your WI tomorrow, tomorrow is the start of another week and you can stay strong now you have a plan and can put it in place. I am not yet ready to abandon my Cambridge Diet packets yet either, have put some bars in the fridge for when I am tempted.... I am also hoping to get back on plan tomorrow, so lets just take it one day at a time, if you succeed for 1 day, then there is a bigger incentive to stick to it for the second day and then a third... we will get where we want to be eventually. I also know how you felt with your cold, my nose is streaming too, luckily it has waited until I have got back from my holiday, am just trying my best not to succumb to my bed... lol

Morning AM..
Well done you for getting back on track.. Sounds like a good plan to change to 810.. you have to do what suits you hon and what works best for you.
To be honest with you hon I am doing 1000 but I have not had any bread yet Im trying to stay clear of it.
Good luck hon x

Mon 3rd August...

Well I managed to get through the whole of yesterday 100% and feeling very proud, so that's probably 2 days out of 7 that I managed 100% and the other 5 days I was around 80 ish %. I did 810 on Saturday and Sunday so I'm hoping that the scales might even out a little bit tonight and the damage won't be too bad.

It was definitely the bad bread (tiger bread :( ) that was my downfall with the 'cream of' soups whilst I was poorly that was my downfall, and something that once I had a taste, the whole spiral kicked in and I couldn't just have one day with it, I have 2-3 days with it. I'm only happy in the fact that I didn't have my old habit of 2 big 6 inch ones, and only had one roughly 4 inch slice.
Will DEFIINITELY be staying away from it for a long time yet to come though.

I am going to go back and stay on 810 just for a while longer, until I get into the 10 stone mark, so that I can then work up the next 2 plan's slowly for my final stone to 'goal' and then maintenance after that.

I hope I'll still be allowed on here, as I'm hoping to get through 810 fairly quickly and be back on 1000 before too long, as I'm hoping it won't be any more than 9lbs to get into the 10 stone mark, but will find that out tonight for sure.

Anyway, have a good day everyone xx

Back from weigh in, and pleased I seem to have shifted some/most of the gain from last week and am back down to 11stone 7, so am just 1/2lb off my lowest weight of 11 6 1/2 now.

I am still doing 810 until I get into the 10 stone mark now, so I have 7 1/2 lbs to go, and would love to do that within the next 3 weeks (that would be amazing!!) I can't wait to be 10 stone something!

I finally feel like I have got my mojo back tonight, and feel like I am back in the game and ready for the next part of my CD journey :)

WELCOME BACK ME!!!!

Toast (with a glass of summer orange??) to the next stage of CD!

xx

Welcome back you *raises glass* Our trigger foods can lead to a slippery slope but you have recognised it and put a full stop to it instead of letting it spiral so well done you. You can do this x

Tues 4th August...

Well I am really pleased to say I managed another 100% day yesterday, so working through day by day for me is definitely the right way to do it for now at least :)

I am slightly concerned that I have 2 'events' coming up this weekend which I can't get out of, and how I'm going to cope with them in the best way.
The first is a meal at a friends house on Friday - they know I am on the diet, but don't really understand it, I have tried to suggest maybe going to a Harvester or Beefeater so I can pick my own 'plain' meat and veg but they don't have a babysitter, so they really want to cook...I have tried to hint that I can't have sauces/carbs etc, but they always seem to always do BIG dinners, with lots of sauces and carbs anyway - the only thing I can do is try to pick wisely what I eat off the plate, and try to not look ungrateful :S...

The second is a little easier, is a BBQ on Saturday, because I can stick to my 810, and plan to have a plain Chicken and possible veg (and take a bar with me).

Today's Plan:

Choc Mint Shake

Toffee Bar

Quorn Chicken
Courgette & Cauliflower
Veg Stock

Choc Mint Mousse

Lots of water xx

Phew! Finally caught up on all of your diary....the highs...the lows and just wanted to say you are doing great. Glad to hear that you are back in the zone.
*chink* (that my raised glass).

You are doing great Alex..... when my son invited us round for a meal, I told him I was dieting and that I would only have my shake, he cooked enough for me just incase I changed my mind, but I sat at the table with them with my shake and they all shared my portion too and because I had prepared them I wasn't going to eat they were happy with that, so maybe you could just take your own chicken salad or something and they wouldn't mind too much.

Well done on staying so motivated, bet you will have a great weightloss this week. I did think of dropping to 810 myself but was worried I wouldn't lose weight if I went down the plans again, so will be very interested to see how much you lose.... have a great evening.

Thurs 6th August...

Updating Diary...:)

Feeling positive, and happy that I have controlled at least for the last 6 days what I am eating again. It all feels like baby steps in the right direction, and that feels good :)

I have managed to get out of the BBQ on Saturday night, so it's just the meal at friend's tomorrow that could be the stickler, but I have text them to remind them of my diet, and they have said just to eat what I feel comfortable with, and that suits me. I won't be drinking (well only my water) and won't be touching pudding or anything, so I'm hoping with a bit of planning in the day tomorrow I'll be ok (fingers crossed)
I really do want to lose this week, and it will be lovely to be in the lower end of the 11's and closer to the 10's than to the 12's if that makes sense.

I think the day I see 10 stone 'something' on the scales will give me a renewed strength to carry on CD as I will never want to go up and see the 11's again, so I will be wanting to lose as much as I can as quickly as I can to get me away from the threat of that as quick as possible (I hope that all makes sense as I'm probably rambling!)

Really need to start finding something to wear for tomorrow as I really haven't got many clothes that fit anymore - and where I've covered up for years, and not really followed any fashion rules or anything, I don't even know where to start! I'm a 14 all over at the minute, and I think I'm hoping to end up about a 12 bottom/12-14 top depending on the top as I'm still quite top heavy at the moment even though I've already dropped about 4 cup sizes! (and have the horrible skin to show for it too :( ) There is of course a part of me that would like to fit in a 10 bottom, and 12 top, but I just don't know if that's a too far fetched dream, when my thighs just don't seem to be going down at all!

Anyway, before I ramble into tomorow I'll leave it here.

xx

Back