Alexmummy's learning journey...

Hey everyone - thanks for your comments (I love a busy board :) )

When I can figure out how to switch the privacy settings on my photo's I'll add a photo of the dress (just a bit nervous doing it publicly...just in case)

Shanny - welcome aboard the SS wagon - this is THE most positive I've felt about CD in such a long time, and I'm enjoying it while it lasts. I think tomorrow is going to be headache day for me, and providing I can get past that (which I will whatever it takes) then I will be a very happy lady :)

Car just about scraped past it's MOT today so that was a good thing. Hoping to find something to keep me busy a bit tomorrow as today/yesterday have been in and out all day, and I actually prefer it that way so that it goes faster and sooner towards weigh in day and hopefully a loss on the scales.

Lizz - I know what you mean on the dress front, mine is a UK 12 aswell. I ordered it at about 10 stone 5 with the aim to lose about 10lbs from there (still my aim plus a little bit) It fitted fine then and needed taking in a little, so I know I have room either way, but want it pulled in as far as poss. I was told that it could be taken in up to 2 sizes - which is fine for me, and did fall in love with it straight away.

Awww gushing wedding talk...could go on forever :) xx

good luck with the final push for the wedding, i sympathise with yr issues. I have struggled since i did 810/1000 and actually put a liitle on (havent updated signature for a while) and just dont seem to be getting back in the swing of it!

Hey Hun,

Yeah much more positive on the board with more postings...love it!

Well done on another great day !

if you add an album you can clink the private setting and people need to be on your contact list to see it then, that's what i do with mine too.

Lucky you on the MOT, mine cost me £220 last month but then it is about 11 years old and i think this'll be it, next year scrapyard! i love my rusty purple fiesta!

Gush away with the wedding talk....it's so exciting for you!

Wishing a great day, enjoy the sun!

xx

Thanks Lelly.

Have a friend coming over today, a little tester, but hopefully will also make the day quicker and onto day 4 even quicker.
I feel good this morning, and surprised as thought today was going to be my hardest day...so either I'm in the 'k' word already...or tomorrow is going to be hardest instead, and I'm pre-empting a bad day!

Scales down this morning which am very pleased with - will wait 'til next week for official weigh in, but it's looking like the 11's have gone away and finally back into the 10's mark. Hoping to get through the 10's as quick as possible and finally say hello to the 9's, which I have never been as part of my adult life (or teenage) I do wonder at what point my head will catch up with what I've achieved so far, and just hope one day in the future to be happy and content with the figure I see in the mirror.

For today though, 1 shake down - banana, cup of tea, and getting through first pint of water. xx

Great news on the MOT - always a relief.

I could talk weddings all day too. It's funny about sizes and knowing what to order. I've ordered a 12, but I am a 14 at the moment and want to lose 2.5 stone. So that will probably be a 10. Who knows.

Well done on scales being down, it's nice to get down into the next stone level. It takes ages for the mind to catch up, but I definitely have it the other way round since losing weight last time. My mind caught up and I felt slim. Since putting some weight back on, I still feel slim. So I hold up the size 10 and 12 dress in my wardrobe and can't quite believe they don't fit!!! I go into changing rooms and automatically go for 12's and then get really upset when even the 14 is sometimes tight. Our heads are funny things.

hi, seems like you are doing really well. i had an 810 week this week and the scales are up!!! 810 is a really hard step to follow!

i had an 810 week this week and the scales are up!!! 810 is a really hard step to follow!

Aww Leeds - 810 I think is a great step, and can't wait to get back to it - some people gain a little on their first week of 810 simply because you have food in your body that weighs something, but honestly if you were to keep at 810 then it would come off again and more.
Personally I can't wait to hit BMI25 again and start 810.

I could talk weddings all day too. It's funny about sizes and knowing what to order. I've ordered a 12, but I am a 14 at the moment and want to lose 2.5 stone. So that will probably be a 10. Who knows.

Well done on scales being down, it's nice to get down into the next stone level. It takes ages for the mind to catch up, but I definitely have it the other way round since losing weight last time. My mind caught up and I felt slim. Since putting some weight back on, I still feel slim. So I hold up the size 10 and 12 dress in my wardrobe and can't quite believe they don't fit!!! I go into changing rooms and automatically go for 12's and then get really upset when even the 14 is sometimes tight. Our heads are funny things.

Thanks Liz, I am so hoping that is the end of the 11's for good, and down into the 10's and then the 9's (although it feels weird saying a single digit as I haven't been there in soooo long!)

...................................................................................

Well today was ok until this evening - I popped to my parents house and little man and OH both ate there. Nothing overly special just chicken in breadcrumbs, a few chips and spaghetti, but the smell of the chicken - I could soooo easily have had some. Somehow, stayed strong and just had my choc tetra, but really makes you realise although this diet is easy in some ways, it really would be far too easy just to have "a bite" and think it wouldn't harm when we know with ketosis it does. When paying £40 odd a week, it really is a no go area - I simply cannot just have some, so just have to stick at that mind frame.

Now, going to bed, and having an early night to get rid of any final cravings and thoughts of food. Hoping to definitely be into Ketosis tomorrow, before friends little girls party on Saturday.

Ah, 3 days done...a few more to go!

Bring on the first official Weigh in xx

Morning hun,

well done on getting through the temptation! it's for the best and will be so worth it.
I have my son's birthday today and bbq sunday so I too have the obstacles ahead, have already avoided crumpet breakfast and had a bar and coffee instead...we can do it!!

Have a great day!

xx

Well done hun! That's fantastic. It is so very hard and, like you say, so easy to think 'just one little thing' I don't think it's the little thing though, it's the effect it has on your mindset.

I know if I let myself go just the once then it feels okay to do it again. So this time round NO!

Early nights do help. Well, we're on day 4. Hopefully it will get easier, although today has been harder for me than previous days.

Well day 4, and today has been difficult - just have wanted food so much. OH having Cornetto and knowing I can't have it is sooo hard - have instead made some waterflavouring into ice lollies to have in a bit, so that ive got something to 'eat'.

Looking forward to the bars already as then I feel like I'm actually 'eating' if that makes sense.

Have got loads done around the house today whilst little boy has been at childminders. Feel energetic in one sense, but craving in another.
Hoping tomorrow will go quickly as I know all the temptations at childrens bday parties only too well - and I love cake too! Sooner it's over and onto Sunday the better xx

Well...I caved...I had a ss+ meal of chicken and lettuce/spring onions and fat free dressing. It wasn't the plan, but it's that or would have de-railed completely. Could have easily eaten mor, but have managed to resist, and instead, eating orange (water flavouring) lollies x

Hey hun, ss+ is all good! well done for keep on the road!

x

Today was a disaster.

Writing it off and back on plan tomorrow - Thank God we have no more socials until the end of June now - and can get bars next week...they may just keep me sane.

Almost feel like I was torturing myself doing SS today - just couldn't resist - makes me feel a failure, but got to keep going.

Sorry for the negative post, and sorry for giving it - feel like I've let you all down too x

You haven't let us down and I really feel your pain. I feel tortured today. Day 5 has been the worst yet. First few days are easy in comparison.

Try not to worry, it's not easy. You'll get back on track and it won't take long to get into ketosis starting again after just one blip x

As expected scales are up a little today - and well deserved too.

Yesterday has been written off, and I'm starting today completely fresh - and DEFINITELY not doing what I've done in the past and let one day ruin a whole weekend/week or more.

Have already had about half a litre of water, choc mint shake, and about to have cup of tea.

Having a little battle as to whether to stick with SS+ as I have had very (scarily) dizzy spells every morning since starting back on SS, and although I know some is normal, going to the point of it being black and almost falling over each time isn't good when having a little one, who won't wait for you to come around a lot slower in the mornings. Having a think today and will make a definite decision so I can carry on from here.

Possibly visiting my nan later - which is ok, she understands and fully supports me on Cambridge. If I decided SS+ is best then I know she always accomodates any meal to what I'd be allowed - love her!

Liz - thanks for your reply, I really do feel like I let down a 'team atmosphere' yesterday especially when Lelly was soooo good at resisting so much herself. I did almost just not come back and post but I know that would be the wrong thing to do.

Have a good day everyone - I promise I will be absolutely 100% today either on SS or SS+ xx

dont be so hard on yourself! and dont ever forget how far you have come!

personally, i think ss+ seems to be the way forward for you but you have to decide whats right for you. if you have a child to look after then that little meal in the evening makes all the difference, and I am talking from experience.

Aww, hun don't every worry about letting down the team atmosphere. We're all bound to have good and really bad days/times at some point. I so nearly caved yesterday and am finding it a real struggle. Can't promise I won't cave either. You just have to take one day at a time.

I had also considered SS+ and won't beat myself up if I have a SS+ day. It doesn't mean you're not strong enough to do SS. I don't think I'm strong enough to do SS+ TBH because I just can't deal with food right now, but I'd have no qualms about having an extra shake which is the shame.

You will be beating yourself up, but you really shouldn't. It won't impact on your overall journey and we all have slip ups :) xx

Thanks Liz

Today has been an ok day. Have had another SS+ day and think I'm settled and will stay there now. 29 days to the end of the 5 weeks...got to keep on the straight and narrow now.

Going for a bath now to avoid the pick n mix sweets in the kitchen. Temptation is rife - but dress, dress, dress is soooo important!

Ohhhh come on you 9 stone something...anything at the moment just to be in the 9's...this is what has GOT to keep me on track xx

So, bath done, now watching Socceraid (on sky +) have managed avoidance of sweets as it stands. Just had an sunshine orange (i think) ice lolly so I don't feel so left out when df has cornetto.
Have had about 3 1/2 litres of water so far today. Aiming for last pint of water to go down before bed. Hoping all should help in flushing out the bad food yesterday.x

Back