Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

hey hun! glad u had a fab weekend! Good on ya for not having a total blow out! i :heartpump: party food sooo could not have skipped that! have a weekness for food at the min hehe hope i can get back on track

hope u r well hun
xxxxxxx

Just off to give blood in a minute...:(
Currently cramming a WW meal into my mouth before I leave work, to stop me coming over all stange when I'm in there. It does seem to work, but means I'll be starving later.
Of course...I'll have to eat the free biscuits as well :p

Last edited:
Lol, I must admit I've had that thought before now! I'd like to think that it'll help me with the weigh in tomorrow morning, but I expect it replaces itself faster than that :(

I got through it by the way, with no funny turns. They all laugh at me at the donor centre because I have to have somebody talking AT me all the way through to distract me, and I can't keep still. It's like I'm doing the riverdance in my seat!

I'm getting better at it now though, it's been a while since they've had to lay me flat and fan me with a clipboard :eek:

Weigh in day today...and I've lost 3.25lbs!! YAY!!!!
Really chuffed with that because I haven't been totally focussed all week, and I've done absolutely no exercise!

Off to see the nurse tonight for my official fortnightly weigh-in. Hopefully she'll be happy with 3.75lbs over the two weeks since I last saw her.

woooop! nice one hun! thats fab!

xxxxxxxxx

I like to count the quarters too :)

Just got back from seeing the nurse. She's really happy with me, so it's all good here :)
Off to Buffet Island tonight which is an all you can eat Chinese....time to undo all my good work!

Here's yesterday's food diary:
Porridge
Apple
Leek & potato soup with 2 slices of grainy bread
Dorset cereal bar
WW beef in black bean sauce

A penguin bar and a yoghurt flapjack square thing (after giving blood so purely medicinal ;))
WW toffee swirl ice cream thing
Mini Milk lolly

(lots of sweet stuff there! :eek:)

It's been quiet around here for the past couple of days! Maybe this spring weather is dragging everyone away from their computer screens!

Here's yesterday's food diary:
No breakfast (still stuffed from all you can eat Chinese the night before)
Apple
Beans on Toast
Jacket potato with homemade vegetable chilli and a sprinking of grated cheese
WW chocolate swirl mini pot ice cream
Mini Milk ice lolly
2 handfuls of sultanas

Not a bad day, except for the sultanas. I usually don't trust myself with them because I could get through half a bag of them in one go, but I must've been feeling strong when I ordered them from Tesco.
Needless to say, I shouldn't have - I ate a good two handfuls standing up in the kitchen last night, and another two before coming out to work this morning. Not good.

It certainly has been quiet. Sultanas, could be worse! Mind you, much as I love dried fruit it does not love me and makes me very unpleasant to be around if you know what I mean so I really am better avoiding it....

just thought i would pop in and say hi.. i have only JUST started xenical and find that these diaries help - with the food esp as i feel a bit lost with it all at the min. i know the basic rules but interesting to see what others eat, how much people lose and also how they get on with it. at the min im on xenical and metformin and its a bit daunting having all these pills. but i will keep reading your diary for some tips :)

well done on the 3.25 pounds loss by the way :)

Hello, and welcome! :)
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello...and good luck with the Xenical, it can seem daunting at first, but it does get easier!
At first, I was terrified of the dreaded side effects, and religiously read the packet of everything I ate, but I'm much more relaxed about it now.
It's always nice to try new things so you don't get bored, but it's also good to have a few tried-and-tested meals that you can fall back on when you just want something quick and easy.
I do a lot of cooking in batches that I freeze in individual portions. At the moment, I'm going through a phase of cooking mushroom risotto and chilli, but sometimes I do currys and spaghetti bolognese too.
I also rely on quite a few of the Weight Watchers or supermarket own-brand low fat meals. A lot of them are under the 5% rule, and they're quite filling if you do a bit of veg to go on the side.

Good luck with the Xenical! Let us know how you're getting on, and ask away if you've got any questions! :D

Grrrr, I've just written a really long post and lost it all!

I had a bit of a nightmare day yesterday :( I was in the bath, having a nice leisurely soak before getting ready to go out, when I was suddenly aware that I could hear water running from OUTSIDE the bath! :eek: I looked over the edge, and water was pumping out from underneath the bath panel onto the bathroom floor.
My first thought was to grab towels to soak it up, and then I got to work on finding out where it was coming from. I presumed (wrongly) that I'd let the plug out accidentally and that there was a leak in the drainage pipe.
This wasn't the case, as the plug was still in, and I couldn't find any cracks in the bath itself, so I dashed downstairs (just a towel round me and hair full of shampoo) and turned the water off at the stopcock, by which time, water had started to leak through the living room ceiling and down the newly-decorated walls (I completely renovated this house less than a year ago so everything is new).
My plumber wasn't answering his phone, but I got hold of my odd job man who came round, took the panel off the bath, but discovered that he couldn't isolate the leak because the valve had blown (?).
So, I'm now waiting for my plumber, I have no water on, can't have a wash or brush my teeth, and there's only enough water in the toilet for one flush :(

Not a good day.... but onto the food.
I don't think I posted Friday's food diary, so here it is (from what I remember)

Porridge
Tomato soup with 2 slices of grainy bread
Alpen light bar
Apple
Jacket potato with tuna mayo (extra light mayo)
WW chocolate brownie ice cream desert
Loads of sultanas (really annoyed with myself because these pesky little things have set me off track big style, and I ate them standing at the kitchen cupboard so I didn't even savour them!)

Saturday:
Porridge with sultanas (only a few this time)
Jacket with tuna mayo (extra light)
Dorset cereal bar
Tesco chicken breasts with cheese ham and leek sauce (too high in fat, but I've had it before with no bad effects)
Mixed Veg
3 Leffe Blonde belgian beers (oops)
Handful of sultanas
WW chocolate brownie ice cream desert

Oh Alex, poor you, honestly I didn't laugh at the picture you painted of you in your towel...really! But you have my sympathy, water is dreadful stuff, we miss it so much when we don't have it and it causes so much damage when we have too much of it. Good luck with the plumber, hope you have your water back soon and have a good day,

KB x

Oh dear, that sounds expensive :(

Hope it gets sorted for you soon!

honestly I didn't laugh at the picture you painted of you in your towel...really!
Yeah I bet! :D

I can see the funny side a bit more now the plumber has finally been!
You're so right about the water KB, you don't realise how much you need it until it isn't there....and too much of it is a nightmare!
My god-daughter and her parents popped round earlier to give me a card and some daffodils for mother's day. Obviously the first thing I said was "thank you, they're beautiful. I'll go and put them in some....oh! maybe not!"

Back