Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

hey alex! i dont really have a 'partner in crime' who is a friend however my mum is a really bad influence nd shes my friends so m gunna say her lol! its really tough cos i see her 5 days a week some weeks ! She is often found eating the mayonaise sachets while we are waitin for food! its tottaly embarrasing! lol I try to go oiut of my way to be extra healthy and she always pulls me down! but it makes me more determind to have a healthy day! We went to taybarns (an all you can eat buffet thingy) and i ate loads an she was saying oooh i thought u were on a diet blah blah and i was i just ate as much free food/sw friendly food! she was slapped in the face when i told her how much i lost this week!

I read in one of the rosemary conley books that if you mke the effort to do something 20 times (ie choose a healthy meal when out with your friend) it becomes a habit! If he's cooking take some thing!

Anyways i seem to have rambled on a bit sorry if i bored ya! lol have a fab weekend!

love katie
xxxxxxx

She is often found eating the mayonaise sachets while we are waitin for food!
LOL! I nearly spat my tea out when I read that! :D :D

It's so hard isn't it? Especially when people try to pull you down when you're trying to stay motivated.
David isn't really like that, if I wanted to be good, he'd support me 100%. He's always dieting too, but I think we both see meeting up as a chance to be 'naughty' and break the diet. It's so hard to change that routine and that association when deep down you don't really want to!
Funnily enough, we're trying to arrange a trip to Taybarns together soon :) But not this weekend.

So yesterday I was good all day until the evening :eek:
Porridge
WW soup, with 2 slices of bread
Granola bar
Apple
1 chocolate

And then I went for the curry which was loooovely!....

Shared mixed platter (small portions of meat and fish, in spices but no sauce)
Lamb bhuna
Pilau rice
Garlic Naan
4 vodka & diet cokes
Half a bottle of wine
2 chocolates

The only positive thing is that the curry didn't seem oily at all, and the portions weren't massive. It was a bit posher than your average curry house.
To be on the safe side, I didn't take my Xenical with lunch or the evening meal. I think I should be OK going on past experience!

So I'm off to get myself sorted now and then I'm off to Ellesmere Port....
See you soon!
xxxx

Ps. Of course you didn't bore me Katie! Ramble all ya like! :)

hehehe hope u have a fab weekend hun! try notto worry bout the side effects! im lovin the last 3 items on the list hehe i miss wine :( hehe

xxxxxx

You have to treat yourself sometimes Alex! I think if you were complete 100% denial you'd find it really hard to stick to the diet.

Helloooo..
Well I'm back after a lovely weekend! Lots of good company...and good food :)
As predicted, I had a weekend completely off track...pizza, chocolate, sausage sandwiches...do I need to go on? :eek:
I did do some exercise as well though!!! I sneaked into the gym where David is a member, and did around 350cals worth of fast walking on the treadmill, followed by a swim, and a chill out in the sauna and steam room. Not enough to counteract the pizza, but better than nothing I hope!
What's really killing me now is my resolution to stay off the scales! I'm dying to know what the damage is, but weigh-in day isn't until Wednesday so I'm gonna have to wait. I'm just hoping (probably unrealistically) for a STS.
I wish I could say that I'm completely back on track now, but that's not the case. Even though I've eaten healthily today, I'm not 100% focussed at all :( It just shows how fragile my determination can be!
On a positive note, I actually quite enjoyed the treadmill at the gym - wish I'd been able to try the other machines but my bum is still too painful (coccyx injury for those who don't know!!!)

Hope you've all had good weekends xxxx

Sounds like a great weekend, now draw that line and get on with it! Much respect to you for resisting the scales, not sure I could have.

KB x

If you stay off till tomorrow maybe there will be no damage at all ;)

good luck for the weigh in tomorrow... you never know youmight have supprised yourself, and things might not be all that bad. but dont let it get you down if you have sts or put on...
get back in there and keep going!!!

now draw that line and get on with it!
I've drawn the line now...but a day later than I should've done :cry:. I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, but I went a bit off the rails in the evening. To start with, I was really tired, had loads to do, but was feeling generally crappy, and then I had to go to the supermarket (something I never do usually - I'm an online shopper). I think an hour of lusting after all my forbidden foods on the shelves was the final straw, and I caved in :(

I started off with my normal food for the day, but you can see where it all went wrong:
Porridge
Leek & potato soup with a slice of bread
Dorset cereal bar
Grapes
2 Jacket potatoes with home made chilli and cheese (it started to go downhill starting with the cheese)
Green & Blacks butterscotch chocolate bar (a mini one)
A whole Bounty
Slice of leftover pizza (oops)

I did still take my Xenical so I'm expecting some punishment today, but nothing so far. Woke up feeling really peed off with myself because now I've got even less chance of a STS this week! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Anyway, rant over! I've now drawn that line, and feeling focussed again :).
Although I'm not looking forward to the scales tomorrow, I think it'll help me to move forwards once I know where I'm at/what the damage is.

Hi Alex. Well if you've put on tomorrow you know why, and hopefully it will help you get your focus back. If you've STS or lost then you've got away with it and you should be even more motivated! Good luck and let us know...

KB x

I lost half a pound...wohooooo!!!! :D :D :D
I know it's not much, but I seriously thought I'd put about three pounds on!
Am kinda wondering how much I could have lost if I'd got back on track straight away rather than letting it drag on until Tuesday, but a loss is a loss, and I'm soooo glad I didn't gain!!

well thats great!!
now back into it and i hope you can do much mroe next week

See it was worth it waiting till Wed! ;)

wooop nice one!

hope u have a fab week food wise hun!

love katie
xx

I love it when you think you've gained and you've actually lost - it might not be much but I bet it feels better than thinking you have lost 5 or 6 and only found out you lost 1 or 2!

I bet it feels better than thinking you have lost 5 or 6 and only found out you lost 1 or 2

You're sooo right there! That happened to me last week. I was 100% on track all week, but 'only' lost 2lbs. Rationally I knew that it was a good weight loss but I couldn't help feel a little bit deflated!
Mad, I know, because I'd congratulate anybody else for losing 2lbs - so why not myself?!

I haven't updated the diary for a couple of days - things have been a bit manic at work and I'm in the middle of applying for a job :eek: but I'll update later when it's all done and dusted.

You're sooo right there! That happened to me last week. I was 100% on track all week, but 'only' lost 2lbs. Rationally I knew that it was a good weight loss but I couldn't help feel a little bit deflated!
Mad, I know, because I'd congratulate anybody else for losing 2lbs - so why not myself?!

I haven't updated the diary for a couple of days - things have been a bit manic at work and I'm in the middle of applying for a job :eek: but I'll update later when it's all done and dusted.

I'm trying really hard not to get expect a big loss - I would love to lose about 4-5lbs in the first week (it would be so motivational) and tbh I think i'd be disappointed with 2lbs

God it feels like ages since I've updated my diary. Things have been a bit manic for the past few days, but I've had a good weekend....I finally got that job application done, did a massive pile or ironing that seems to have bulit up since last summer :eek:and also caught up with a few people I haven't seen for a while :)

Food-wise I've been mostly good, although I did give in to a chinese takeaway on Saturday night :eek: I'd been at my god-daughter's 2nd birthday party all day, but I had my lunch before I went, and stuck to my self-imposed rule of only having the cake, and no buffet (except for a tiny bit of pasta that fell into my mouth!). Anyway, as the afternoon went on we started talking about what to do for dinner, and eventually decided to have a Chinese. I had duck in black bean sauce with egg fried rice and a few prawn crackers. I know I could've chosen a healthier meal, but I just had what I fancied.
The only difference was that I ate my own meal, didn't eat any other leftovers, and left it at that. Normally I would go home and hoover my way through the contents of the kitchen cupboard, because I'd already blown the diet, but this time I just went home and straight to bed.
Apart from that, my other indulgence over the weekend was half a bottle of vodka on Friday night!

So yesterday, was back to normal:
Porridge with a few big raisins
Co-op chicken & bacon salad with a Ryvita and Philadelphia Light.
A pear
WW malt loaf
Sugar free jelly
Mushroom risotto (home made)
WW toffee swirl ice cream pot
And I think I had a mini-milk but can't remember!

Today's been OK too:
Porridge
An apple
Co-op salad with 2 Ryvita and Philadelphia Light
Alpen Light bar
Sugar free jelly
Tesco meatballs and spaghetti with mixed veg
and I might have something for desert in a little while.

Scales day on Wednesday, and I'm still sticking to my once-a-week only challenge!!!!

Back