Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Oh Alex, poor you. BUT there's nothing like a sore bum to keep you moving if you can't sit for too long. Hope it's feeling better soon and you're back to the exercise.

KB x

Thanks KB & Katie...my bum is still very sore! BUT I did manage to do a 1.5 hour walk yesterday with the dog I was looking after :)
I think a stair lift would definitely be a good idea - I'm sooo accident prone! :eek: Gonna have to take my cushion back into work again to sit on (I've only just taken it home after my last fall!)
I work for the NHS by the way Katie...always lots of chocolates, cakes and biscuits going around - great when you're not dieting but not so good when you're trying to resist. :D

Here's the food diary for yesterday:

Porridge (with a few big raisins mixed in)
Pitta bread with Philadelphia Light and tuna mayo (light mayo)
A few grapes
half a cereal bar....and then the other half later
Chicken breasts in a cheese & ham sauce, with new potatoes, brocolli, carrots, and cauliflower (probably way over 5% fat, but it was the weekend ;))

And that's it!

No exercise so far today - I'm just relaxing with my book and the Eastenders omnibus, but I might get moving later!

Ouch :(

Guess what somebody said to me today?......"have you lost weight?" WOHOOOOO!! :D I know I haven't lost much, and I was wearing a black jumper and trousers at the time, but it still felt good :D

Back to the food diary!
Sunday:
No brekkie, just a tiny slice of fat free chocolate cake (SW recipe nicked from Katie's diary)
Pitta bread with leftover tuna mayo and Philadelphia Light.
Few Grapes
Dorset cereal bar
Mushroom risotto (WW recipe)
Half a pack of frosties (sweets like cola cubes 50cal)

I did plan to exercise but I had an unexpected guest, so I didn't bother!

Today:
Porridge
Small apple
Covent Garden leek & potato soup
2 slices of grainy bread
Alpen Light bar
1 small Tesco chocolate eclair (160cal) Yet MORE cakes in the office!!!
Half a pack of frosties (sweets)
Chicken breasts in cheese and ham sauce with mixed veg (I didn't want this tonight as it's about 460cals, not including the veg, but it was going out of date, so I had to have it grrrr)

Today, I've done about 40 mins on the Wii Sports Active, burning about 250 cals... that's 4 days of exercise out of 6 (not bad for me! :))

Guess what somebody said to me today?......"have you lost weight?" WOHOOOOO!! :D I know I haven't lost much, and I was wearing a black jumper and trousers at the time, but it still felt good :D

Back to the food diary!
Sunday:
No brekkie, just a tiny slice of fat free chocolate cake (SW recipe nicked from Katie's diary)
Pitta bread with leftover tuna mayo and Philadelphia Light.
Few Grapes
Dorset cereal bar
Mushroom risotto (WW recipe)
Half a pack of frosties (sweets like cola cubes 50cal)

I did plan to exercise but I had an unexpected guest, so I didn't bother!

Today:
Porridge
Small apple
Covent Garden leek & potato soup
2 slices of grainy bread
Alpen Light bar
1 small Tesco chocolate eclair (160cal) Yet MORE cakes in the office!!!
Half a pack of frosties (sweets)
Chicken breasts in cheese and ham sauce with mixed veg (I didn't want this tonight as it's about 460cals, not including the veg, but it was going out of date, so I had to have it grrrr)

Today, I've done about 40 mins on the Wii Sports Active, burning about 250 cals... that's 4 days of exercise out of 6 (not bad for me! :))

eeeek its not fat free! its syn free! Its low cal tho! Did it turn out alright tho? it was a lot of sweetner wasnt it??

OOOh its really nice to get comments like that it makes it worth while doesnt it! good for you hun! you have done so well! congrats1

xxxxxxxxx

eeeek its not fat free! its syn free!
Doh! I think I meant to say low fat or syn free but I mixed them up together lol!
I think I need to make it again to be honest, mine didn't turn out exactly to plan - but that was my fault rather than the recipe :D :D

OOOh its really nice to get comments like that
Yeah, it was lovely :D the person who said it had just been on holiday for a couple of weeks - she said she could see the difference since before she went! I do feel better in myself, but I didn't think it would be noticeable until I lost at least another stone or so :)
She might have just been being nice, but it was a nice compliment anyway :)

phew! lol i thought i'd buggered ya diet up lol!

hope u r having a fab day!

xxxxxxxxxxx

ps have you took before and after piccies? if not u need to :p

yes i recomend taking piccies....
im going to post some up here soon. (when i know how to...)

and it is such a boost when someone you see recognises that you have lost weight... i love it...
cant wait to go home to aus, and every one will be just gobsmacked!

I've got some before pictures from back in 2001 :)eek: :eek: :eek:) when I first started dieting. Maybe I need to take some new ones from my new starting point (I'm 3 stone lighter now than I was back then).

I had another day on track yesterday - even resisted another cake :) and I did another half an hour of exercise on the Wii...

Tuesday's food diary:
Porridge
Alpen Light bar
Leek & potato soup with 2 slices of bread
An apple
Vegetable stir fry with blue dragon sauce and noodles
WW chocolate brownie desert

And today was the big weigh-in (my first in a week :)) and I lost 2lbs...I know it's a good loss, but I'm still a little disappointed. I kinda hoped it would be a bit more because I've been 100% on track this week and I've done some exercise too.
It's TOTM any day now, and I'm a bit constipated (sorry if TMI :eek:), so it might've been bit more if I wasn't so bloated (feel like a beach ball at the moment!).

I know I should be happy with that (especially considering bloatedness)....and I know what 2lbs really looks like, but why can't I help being a bit gutted...grrrrr :mad: :mad:

Next week won't be a big loss because I'm away this weekend, so I'll just try to limit the damage until I go away, and hope for a STS.

It's the weigh in at the doctors tonight, so I might finally get to update my ticker! That's if I've actually lost anything since I last went!
Gonna print this whole thread to show my nurse, instead of a hand written food diary.

Don't beat yourself up about the 2lbs, we are just never happy! And if you're bloated and bunged then that is bound to be making a difference, you'll probably see it come off next week. 2lbs is a steady loss which is ideal, and 2 lbs a week would be over 7 stone in a year so you can't knock that! (Thanks to Katie for telling me almost the same thing) Onwards and downwards, really well done on the loss and good luck with the doctor.

KB x

2 lbs... you did really well to get that!! and i know we are never happy with what results we get... (im the same) if only i pushed a little harder... it would have been this, this, or this....
so i know how you feel...
but it is better off than on!

Good Luck at the Drs!!!

Thanks both of you x It's so hard to stay rational when you don't get the results you expect, isn't it? Even if deep down you know the reason!

I feel a little better now I've been to see the nurse. I've lost 6.5lbs in the past month, which might not be as much as I wanted, but it's nearly half a stone (which sounds better :D)
It's been an unusual month really, with two weekends away (one of them was the Japan trip when I ate everything in sight!) so I can't really grumble!

And I finally get to update my ticker!! :D :D

I'm going back in two weeks to be weighed again - a month is too long for me really, but the nurse I saw last time wouldn't let me come back sooner.
I saw her because my usual nurse was on holiday (never again!), and basically she implied that I was wasting appointment time by going fortnightly - I felt that she was very dismissive, almost telling me off for being too needy!
Maybe a month is fine for most people, but I just need that bit of extra support at the moment. It's not like I waste time when I'm there, usually I'm only in for five minutes but the routine of being weighed by someone else and having it documented really helps me stay focussed.
Luckily I'm back to my usual nurse who agrees that it's fine for me to go as often as I like! :)

Sorry! I don't know where that rant came from - obviously it bothered me a bit more than I thought if I'm still going on about it four weeks later!!!! LOL!

Hope you're all having a good day x

Last edited:
Well done you, the ticker is looking healthy! As for the nurse, some of them are a right pain in the proverbial, holier than thou skinny little madams, but some of them (like mine) are great, I think if I told her I wanted weighed every day she might consider it, it's only a wee hop on the scales for goodness sake! Anyway, some have no sympathy or understanding at all and should perhaps have chosen a different profession....
Anyway, back to you, you're doing really well even in an exceptional month, how often is one of those going to come along? Well done and keep going, we can do this!

KB x

Thanks KB...
I thought I might've sounded like a spoilt brat when I wrote my last post, so it's good to have some reassurance. I work for the NHS and I understand how stretched it is, and how valuable appointements are, but I actually came away feeling really unsupported from that appointment, and that my health issues weren't as important as someone else's.
I know it's my responsibility to decide whether or not I lose weight, but people like that do not help. And you guessed it, she's skinny as a rake! She's also very matron-like and super efficient. She's the type of person to give you a full well-woman check if you just went in for your ears to be syringed! :D

Anyway, less of the *****ing and more of the weight loss! You're right KB - we can do this! x

biatch all u want hun! some people are like machines with no feelings whats so ever! stuff what ever she says! if u wanna go every 2 weeks u do that hun! You pay your taxes and are entitled to as much nhs time as you require! when i first started out i went every fortnight as a means of extra support! so buggerthe littlw trollp with her skinny waist!

woooooop well done on the 6.5 lbs! thats fab news! and yo u had your holiday didnt ya! you should be so proud hun!

hope u r well chick

xxxx

I used to be a nurse in a previous life if you know what I mean, working in one of the busiest units in the UK and I don't care what anyone says, there is no excuse for bad manners or for being unfeeling towards others. That is what she is there for after all. ANYWAY, she is long gone and we are still marching on, yay for us!

KB x

Yay! And let's keep on marching until we get the job done! :D To tell you the truth, there was a time when that nurse's words would have sent me straight to the chip shop, but I feel stronger than that at the moment and more determined than ever to get to where I want to be, even if it takes all year, or even longer!

Yesterday's food:
Porridge
Morrisons leek & potato soup with 1 slice of grainy bread
Curly Wurly (gift from a colleague)
Dorset cereal bar
An apple? (can't remember!)
Lasagne, jacket potato and a bit of low-fat spread
1 slice WW malt loaf
A few Grapes

Not the best day ever, but I'd been so strict in anticipation of the weigh-in that my resolve slipped a bit yesterday.

Today:
Porridge
Heinz tomato soup with 1 slice of grainy bread
Apple
Alpen Light bar
1 Dairy Box chocolate
Grapes
Jacket potato with tuna mayo (light mayo)
And I'm gonna have a WW desert or a Mini-Milk a bit later.

Got a busy weekend coming up...curry tomorrow night with people from work, and up to Ellesmere Port on Saturday to see my friend, David, who is also my partner-in-crime when it comes to food!

Does anyone else have a friend who they always end up eating loads of unhealthy food with? Or is it just me!?

No it's not just you. I have "health freak" friends who almost pass out at the thought of eating a square meal and then I have nosh friends who eat almost as much as me at my worst. Normally after alcohol. I must say I have been avoiding these people for a while, and told them why! It's really hard to stay focused when people are eating all around you but you'll just have to try. Have a fabulous weekend and try to be good!

KB x

Back