Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Err, well yes and no...
He's been texting every evening, but it hasn't gone any further than that. He's still not very well at all, so I suppose I just have to wait for him to get better before we get things off the ground (if we ever do!)
I've been in two minds about whether to ring him, or to text and see if he wants to do something this weekend, but I'm a big chicken really! And you know what men are like when they're not well - maybe I'm just better off waiting for him to suggest it.
Grrrr I hate all this uncertainty - even though it's kinda exciting too :D

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful in the cheering-up department KB :(

Well I suppose I'd better get this food diary off the ground again....I've been a bit preoccupied with my love life lately, but the diet hasn't gone to pot.

I'll start from yesterday:
Porridge
Sugar free jelly
Tomato soup with a slice of crusty bread
Cadbury's mini roll
Bernard Matthews turkey steak with carrots, swede, brocolli, cauli, new potatoes, 2 mini yorkshire puds, and gravy.

And today (so far)
Porridge
Tomato soup with a slice of crusty bread
Alpen Light bar
Sugar free jelly x 2
And I think I'm gonna have Dalepak vegetable grills with a jacket spud for tea, but I'll edit this later if not.

Still no real news on the love life front! Although I did text him on Friday to see what his thoughts were about meeting up sometime, which took a lot of courage for me!! :eek:
After an agonising couple of hours waiting for a response, I got a lovely text saying that he'd been thinking about me all week, but that being ill and busy at work had messed things up. He does still want to meet up, which was reassuring, and he said that he was really glad he met me last weekend :) I'm just impatient now!!!

Food-wise, I've been mostly on the straight and narrow, except for last night. It's my birthday this week so we went for a meal last night to celebrate.
I had the breaded & pate-stuffed mushrooms with garlic mayo for starters, and a fillet steak with parma ham and a blue cheese/cream sauce for the main course, washed down with two Peronis. It was lovely! No desert though!
After that, we went to a few pubs and I started off with three Leffe beers, but swapped onto the vodka after that. To be honest, I seemed to drink shedloads, but I just didn't seem to get drunk - very strange!

I've managed to escape a hangover, but I'm really craving carby fatty foods today - so far I've just had a little tub of ice cream and a bit of cheese bread with butter on it, but I REALLY fancy chips, or a pie, or a pizza, or a sausage sandwich.....

MUST STAY STRONG! MUST STAY STRONG! MUST STAY STRONG!!!!!

STAY STRONG ALEX! You can do it! Although I must say that steak and sauce sounds divine, I couldn't have resisted that myself. Treat the carb cravings like they are your hangover, which they probably are, so pretend they are a headache (does this make sense??) and they will go away in their own good time after you have had loads of water to drink...
Good luck and good news on the man front, sounds encouraging!

KB x

helllo hunny!

Have i missed your birthday? I hope not! The meal sounds devine! Nom nom nom!

hope your well!

love katie!

Ps well done on the fantastic weight losses!

No, you haven't missed it, it's today actually :D
I'm just back home following a lovely day trip to Southport but I'm off to bed now!... I know it's a bit early (especially on my birthday!) but I've got a horrible cough and the medicine is making me drowsy, so think I'm better off having an early night!
I'll be back tomorrow to catch up with everyone xx

ps I've eaten LOADS!!! :eek:

happy_birthday_to_you.jpg

Happy birthday hunny! hope you had a fab day :)

shame bout the hacking cough!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yup, weigh-in day today, and I've gained 2.25lbs :cry:
Never mind, it's not too bad considering all the crap I've eaten since Saturday, and I did have a big loss last week, so I had a llittle bit to play with.
Unfortunately it means that I'm back in the 17s, which is a bit of a bummer, but hopefully I can sort that out by next week.
Thanks for the birthday wishes by the way...I had a lovely day :) I just wish a certain gentleman would hurry up and arrange to meet me - that would put the icing on the cake :)

So this is basically what I've eaten over the past couple of days. It's only a rough idea as I can't remember everything, but this is more or less it (and it's not good!)

Monday:
Porridge
Buffet-style lunch consisting of pasta bake, bread & butter, ham, salad (friend made this so no control over it)
2 fairy cakes
Fish and chips (haddock in breadcrumbs) with 2 slices of bread & butter
Some easter egg chocolate

And yesterday:
Sausage and cheese sandwiches (in bed!! made by my lovely friend who I was staying with)
Weatherspoons lunch : double beef burger with bacon and cheese, served with chips
Pint of cider
'99 ice cream
Slice of Dime Bar cheesecake (with a candle!)

Oops!

Glad you had a nice birthday Alex :)

Well, I've been a bit off the rails for the past couple of days :(....
I went to see the nurse on Wednesday night, and almost fell out with her over my less than wise food choices over my birthday weekend (she'd asked me to take a food diary in, so I did - it just happened to be a really atypical fortnight) I'd still lost 3lbs over the fortnight so there wasn't any major cause for concern, she just couldn't see why I wouldn't want to avoid the cheesy/creamy sauce on my steak, even when it was my own birthday meal!!
I huffed my way out of the surgery and ended the evening with a post weigh-in binge of bacon butties, followed by a fairy cake and a mini Mars.
Thursday was my colleague's last day in the office (the one who got the job I also applied for) so she ordered food in for lunch as a special treat for us all. This consisted of Staffordshire oatcakes (round savoury pancake-type things for those of you who've never heard of them) and mine were filled with sausage and cheese (!) this was followed with a chocolate cake (180cals).
BUT....I didn't have anything in the evening because I was tidying up in preparation for a gentleman caller!!! :D :D :D

He finally had a free evening last night, so he rang me to see if I was doing anything. I wasnt busy, so he came round to see me :D It was good to see him, but I am VERY tired today after an unusually late night ;)
Maybe it's the tiredness/excitement/nerves of meeting him again, but I've done nothing but eat today, so far I've had:
Toast x 2 with Lurpack
Porridge
Alpen Light bar
Cheese & ham sandwich
Sausage roll
About half an Easter egg
And I'm planning a shop-bought stuffed crust pizza for tonight!!

Oh dear....I haven't been like this for ages :( But I think I'm motivated enough to draw that line tomorrow and get back on track. I need to be back under that 17st mark by Wednesday!!

Sorry for the big ramble!!!

Oooooohhhhhhh get you! Gentleman caller indeed, maybe you got some extra exercise in to allow for the extra food? I mean the Wii of course. So draw that line and get on with it. As will I. But that's a whole other story...

Your story is very inspirational! Thank you! I too was given orlistat, however i have failed to see any loss at all, i have stopped taking it and am due to visit my gp to discuss. Any tips? Was i using it wrong perhaps x

Oooooohhhhhhh get you! Gentleman caller indeed, maybe you got some extra exercise in to allow for the extra food?
Now that'd be telling! :flirt2:

Can't seem to get my head properly into gear at the moment :( I think it's partly the situation with R (new fella) and partly because my cupboards are bare!

Having said that, yesterday wasn't too bad:
Porridge with a bit of museli mixed in
No lunch (breakfast was late)
Rasberry ripple ice cream pot (60ish cals)
Tesco chicken breasts with cheese & ham sauce, 2 small-ish jacket spuds with lurpack light.
2 boxes of mini raisins
WW choc brownie desert

And today I've just had porridge with raisins so far. I'm trying to be 100% until weigh-in on Wednesday, and I've done a Tesco shop online which arrives on Tuesday, so hopefully that'll help.

Not sure what's happening with the new fella - I tried calling him last night, got his voicemail so sent a text instead saying that I'd tried ringing.
I got a text back later saying 'battery flat - I'll get a charge and call you x'. This was at about 10pm last night! How long does it take to charge a phone!!!!
I'm guessing that he probably fell asleep but I can't help wondering why I've heard nothing since.
Grrrrr - men! :mad:

Today I've been distracting myself by trying to sort the garden out. I bought this house nearly two years ago, and all I've tackled so far is the weeds between the patio slabs.
As is typical with me, I've now decided it needs to be sorted NOW - and so I borrowed a jetwash thingy from my brother and got to work this morning.
OH MY GOD I have never seen so much muck fly about in one go :eek: I've literally done about a sixth of the patio and I was covered from head to toe in mucky water - not good. So I abandoned that, had a bath, and now I'm trying to ignore the fact that a tiny bit of the garden looks all sparkly clean, and the rest is grimmer than grim.
Also there's the small matter of putting all the equipment back in the shed....but that can wait!

No point in trying to work men out, Alex, you just have to let them get on with it in their own confusing way. Hope it all works out for the best.
Just think about the barbys you can have on your patio when it's done!

KB x

Back