Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Yeah, I went. I've gained 3lbs over the past month according to her scales.
She was OK about it actually (as you know, we've had 'issues' in the past when I haven't had a good loss). We discusssed the possibility of coming off the tablets until I'm over this blip and back in the zone, but she thinks that the doctor might not re-prescribe them for a fourth (!!) time, so it might be better to stay on them for as long as I can (til christmas probably) and then go it alone.
We agreed that she would have a word with my doctor, and I would have a little think, and then go back in two weeks and decide which way to go.
So not too bad really...
xx

Ahh glad u went Hun! I always feel better when I go after a hard month! I'm glad she was supportive about it all! In the grand scheme of things 3lbs is not much!

What's the plan from here then?

Hugs hunny

Xxx

Ummm, I'm not sure what the plan will be from here really...

Before this week, I felt like coming off the tablets because I've just been messing about for ages. I know they'll only keep me on them for so long, so I felt like I was wasting my opportunity.

After speaking to the nurse last night, I think I might want to stay on them for a while - especially if there's a chance I won't be re-prescribed them if I come off them now. I also feel like I'm back in control of food at the moment, so I don't feel like I'm messing around so much.

I explained to her the way I've been feeling for the past few weeks, and we both decided that I should have a little think, and then make a decision. I know I've been feeling more positive the past few days, and more in control, but I need to leave it a bit longer to see if I really am over this self-destructive blip, because if I'm not, there's no point carrying on with the tablets.

That doesn't mean I want to give up dieting, or stop posting here, but Xenical is just a helping hand, so if I'm not going to put the hard work in myself, there's no point taking them.

That all sounds a bit negative really - and that's not how I'm feeling at all! I'm just trying not to get too far ahead of myself in thinking that I'm well and truly back in the zone just yet...

So here's yesterday's diary (it's a bit of a weird one really!)

B - Porridge/museli/raisins
L - Heinz lamb and vegetable Big Soup, slice of bread
S - Oatybar
S - Small apple
D - 2 slices of toast with butter (!) - no tablet
S - Almost a whole bottle of wine

So not ideal really, and I must admit, the toast was a bit of an afterthought once I'd cracked open the wine...but I'm hoping it won't have done too much damage since I didn't have a proper evening meal.

I'm out tonight for my friend's 30th at my favourite Italian restaurant - can't wait! I won't be taking my tablet so I'll be having the fillet steak, wrapped in parma ham, with a cream/cheese sauce, and roasted veggies...mmmmmmm!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
xx

My mouth is watering at the thought of your steak, make sure you enjoy it properly! I sense your positivity coming back, hopefully you'll be back in the zone before you know it.

KB x

Oooh sounds lovely!

I think it's hood your taking a step back yo observe an not make no rash desicions! It shows that you've still got lots more fight in you!

Have a fantabulous weekend gawjus lady!

Xxxx

oooh that sounds lovely!! (gets in car and starts driving your way!!!)

you are amazing. you are taking all of this in such a positive sensible way and i admire that!!

Thank you so much :) I do feel more positive lately - even though I've not been an angel this week, I haven't felt as close to self-sabbotage as I did...fingers crossed that I'm through the worst of it.

So yesterday was good until the evening, I had my usual breakfast, followed by ravioli on toast for lunch (with a little butter - naughty, I know), and then two Thorntons chocolates that a friend bought for me :)

And then I went out for my meal...I had the breaded mushrooms and garlic dip for starters, and the steak for the main (it really was gorgeous). No desert, but I did drink copious amounts of wine, chamagne, vodka and lager.

Needless to say, I'm slightly fragile today, but not too bad, and we did have a lovely night. I also had a little visit from the Tango man this morning, but nothing major. I'm guessing it was the butter/chocolates, or maybe the tablet was still in my system when I ate in the evening (unusual for me, because I normally get away with it)

I really have no idea what the scales are going to say this week because I still haven't had a naughty scale hop! The weird thing is that I haven't really wanted to either (and this is coming from the person who weighs at least twice a day usually!)

Feel soooo hungry today, but I always am when I'm a bit hungover. Fighting it with comfort food (healthy) and lots of tea!

Bye for now xx

well that sounds like you did nothing but enjoy yourself last night and thats what life is about.

i wish i was like that. but im soooo addicted to scale hopping... its silly....
i wonder what i will be like next year. (hopefully at goal...)

Oh well done on the lack of scale hopping. Sounds like you had a great night, I'm so jealous, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hope you're feeling a bit more human by tomorrow!

KB x

I forgot to mention that when I got in the other night, I decided that I was still peckish (as if that meal wasn't enough!) and proceeded to make myself toast with butter, and took it to bed with a curly wurly.
I woke up at about 5am, propped up in bed, with the plate still resting on my boobs!! What a classy lady!....and I wonder why I'm still single :eek:!!

lol
thats really funny... but something i would do! so your are not alone there hun!

I thought it might amuse you! :D

So yesterday wasn't a bad day really:
B - porridge/museli/raisins
S - Oatybar
L - WW tomato soup, 2 slices of bread
S - Aldi's version of cheese and onion Velvet Crunch crisps
S - Apple
D - 400g jacket potato with tuna mayo (extra light)
S - Mini Milk lolly

I did a bit more snacking than I usually do, but I hadn't had any tea the night before so I was bloody starving (long story)
Tonight I'm eating at my friend's house, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be something healthy. She mentioned something about jacket potatoes but I don't know what filling she's thinking of.

Really not sure how I feel about the weigh-in tomorrow - I still haven't been on the scales so I have no idea how I've done! I've done a fair bit of drinking over the weekend, and then there's my meal and late night snacking on Saturday to consider, but other than that I've been pretty good.
We shall see what tomorrow brings!!
x

Well it's weigh in day...and I'm VERY happy to report that I've lost 4lbs :D :D :D

I really had no idea how I'd done, so I was really chuffed with that. Trying not to get ahead of myself too much, but I'm hoping that I'll be back to where I was before too long.

This is yesterday's food diary:

B - Porridge/raisins/museli
L - Tesco vegetable casserole with dumplings
S - Velvet Crunch crisps (sweet thai chilli)
D - Two jacket potatoes, chilli and a sprinkling of cheese (at friend's house so I had no control over fat/cals)
S - WW chocolate brownie desert

I was a bit alarmed when I saw how much oil my friend was glugging into the chilli, but I'm hoping that any side-effects I get won't be too bad because I still took my tablet!

Bye for now!
x

WOW WELL DONE!!! i bet you are over the moon!! esp considering you were not looking too hopeful....

if you would like to pm me your start weight (you can use last weeks to give you a head start if ya like hehehe)

hope you are feeling very chuffed with yourself, and also it gives you a boost to keep going!

Back