Alex's Diary - No big goals, just taking one day at a time!

Good job Alex!! :D

Thanks guys...I do feel a lot better at the moment, I just hope it continues! I have my God-daughter's christening on Sunday, so that'll be the next food-related challenge.

Here's today's food diary anyway:

B - Porridge/museli/raisins
S - Apple
L - Heinz beef and vegetable big soup, with a slice of bread (thick crust)
S - Velvet Crunch crisps (Aldi fakes)
D - Innocent mexican vegetable pot, with extra peppers, mushrooms and leeks

And that's it for now. I might take a lolly to bed, but that'll be all.

I've also got a little bit of gossip for you....you know that I'm on Plenty of Fish? Well I've just finished online chatting to a bloke on there who I emailed the other day, and he seems sooooo nice! :D I know it's early days, but it's such a nice feeling to have a good old chat and a bit of banter with a bloke, rather than the usual "how r u?", "wot u wearin?" kind of conversation that you usually get. Even if it amounts to nothing, I had a really good chat!

I'll keep you posted!
:D

oooohhhh yes please do keep us posted...
and it is nice and i think it does give you that little bit of a boost too!!!

Hi Alex,
Sounds promising;) keep us posted....

also can you tell me about these velvet crisps from Aldi, is that what they are called or is that the name of what they are copying? and how may grams of fat please? at the moment if I want crisps I have snack o jacks but they are slightly over....

I had a snoop on plenty of fish a few weeks ago,there was a really cute guy on there,lives not too far me too ;) sooooo not ready for relationships yet :rolleyes:

good for you though hun :)

i had to give up the snack a jacks too :(

there are some snack a jacks you canhave that are in the rules.

the ones from Aldi are slightly over (from memory) and i think they are called Satin crunch or they are called velvet crunch (i knnow one of them are from other stroes)
they are nice though...

also can you tell me about these velvet crisps from Aldi, is that what they are called or is that the name of what they are copying? and how may grams of fat please? at the moment if I want crisps I have snack o jacks but they are slightly over....

Kes is right, they're called Satin Crunch, and they aren't within the Xenical rules I'm afraid (naughty me!)
They're 80 cals / 1.7g of fat per bag, but 8.5g of fat per 100g.

I think the real ones (Velvet Crunch) are similar in terms of calories and fat, but slightly more expensive (I get them from Tesco)

Well done for losing the 4lbs! You sound like you're in a much better place now and that bloke sounds promising!

I have crisps from sainsburys that are in the rules. They're be good to yourself sweet chilli cassava snacks and they're like a prawn cracker consistancy but less melt on the mouthy. My descriptive skills are not that great lol.

lol.... giggles

Thanks, going to Sainsburys tomorrow will look out for those...xxx

Thank you...I got some of those crisps while I was out shopping last night but I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know how they compare to the Aldi/Velvet Crunch ones...

Well the last week has been a bit manic to be honest...I was out a lot at the weekend, and was really off the rails with the diet (curry, alcohol, buffet). I was expecting a gain this week (I managed not to scale hop!) but when I weighed in this morning, I'd lost a quarter of a pound!
Was really pleased with that, because I did push my luck at the weekend. Don't think I've got anything exciting coming up for another week or so, so hopefully I might actually lose something next week ;)

Things are still progressing well with t'internet bloke, we've been chatting online most nights and we're getting on really well (same humour, values, goals in life etc) Hopefully we'll sort a date out in the not too distant future, and see how things go in real life!

I've done this whole internet dating thing many times over, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but you never know!

xx

It's all sounding very positive Alex :D

I normally have "crisps" for my morning break at work. I alternate between the baked crisps (which aren't in the rules but I'm off the xenical anyway) and the tesco thins (which are in the rules)

Well done for not gaining Alex.

SOunds like you have found somefun enjoyable to chat to - like a bit of gossip!

ooohhh sounds exciting. but as you say lets see how it goes... (but im very excited for you..) i met my hubby online! lol...

glad that you managed to lose a 1/4 of a pound. thats fab:)
keep going over the next couple of weeks and im sure you will blitz through those pounds!!!

Thank you...I got some of those crisps while I was out shopping last night but I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know how they compare to the Aldi/Velvet Crunch ones...

Well the last week has been a bit manic to be honest...I was out a lot at the weekend, and was really off the rails with the diet (curry, alcohol, buffet). I was expecting a gain this week (I managed not to scale hop!) but when I weighed in this morning, I'd lost a quarter of a pound!
Was really pleased with that, because I did push my luck at the weekend. Don't think I've got anything exciting coming up for another week or so, so hopefully I might actually lose something next week ;)

Things are still progressing well with t'internet bloke, we've been chatting online most nights and we're getting on really well (same humour, values, goals in life etc) Hopefully we'll sort a date out in the not too distant future, and see how things go in real life!

I've done this whole internet dating thing many times over, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but you never know!

xx

Well done hun!!
good luck with the new guy,its exciting and really wish you well. its nice to see people happy :)

xoxo

I met mine online too, on match.com :)

Good luck Alex xxxx

i cant believe the amount of people i now know (2 lol) that have long term relationships from online dating :eek:

I love stories like that,the whole meg and tom youve got mail thing..love it! :)
think im going to give it a go when im ready for a relationship :D

Last edited:
Back