Alex's Diary

yoga84

Gold Member
Hi all,

Tomorrow is my first day on SnS - had my packs delivered today - so I thought I'd start a diary thread on here to help keep me motivated.

I've been on Cambridge for the last 10 weeks and lost 30 pounds so far but was finding it really boring and very expensive. Came across SnS and it looks great... Particularly the meal packs and is loads cheaper than Cambridge :) So I'm hoping I continue to lose weight - I need to lose the same again to get to goal!

So I'll be writing on here everyday - good or bad! And I hope to make some online friends too :)

Alex
Xx

Hi Alex :D

Tomorrow is my first day too!! Deffo the price and selection that made me pick S&S aswell. I am glad I have found someone who is starting the same day as me and I am looking forward to following your journey :D

Well done with the 30lb so far thats amazing!

Lets do this :D

xxx

Hi Alex

I've done CD previously and I find s&s so much easier, I think the meal packs and optional veg allowance (on 4 packs) makes me feel less deprived. Bars are much better too!

Have a great first day tomorrow!

Emariex said:
Hi Alex :D

Tomorrow is my first day too!! Deffo the price and selection that made me pick S&S aswell. I am glad I have found someone who is starting the same day as me and I am looking forward to following your journey :D

Well done with the 30lb so far thats amazing!

Lets do this :D

xxx

Thanks :) I've gone from a size 20 to a loose size 16 so far... Feel so much happier and confident already :) Want to be a comfortable size 12 by the end of the summer!

Yes let's do it xx

Lizzylocket said:
Hi Alex

I've done CD previously and I find s&s so much easier, I think the meal packs and optional veg allowance (on 4 packs) makes me feel less deprived. Bars are much better too!

Have a great first day tomorrow!

I've decided to do 4 packs too. I was on SS+ on CD but I'm sick of chicken lol! So hoping the "meals" are nice :)

Thanks for the support x

Hi Alex, I started S&S yesterday having never done VLCD before and always thought I never would. Got a friend who's lost 3 1/2 stone, first on Cambridge & then on S&S so thought i'd give it a go. Went to bed hungry and miserable yesterday, first day - but today I feel fine, really happy actually. Long may it continue.

Great to see your diaries on here - I think that sharin experiences really helps. And well done on your loss so far

Kaz x x

Good luck Alex I think most people seem to enjoy the choice. I have done my first week, one wobble but mostly good and having veg and milk in tea is a Godsend. 30lb by the end of the summer sounds a perfectly doable target. X

Day 1

Gone really well today. Had a strawberry shake for breakfast (bit sweet), chocolate cereal shake at lunchtime (yummy) and I have just had the chilli with extra mushrooms for my evening meal, which was really lovely... Especially after 2.5 months of plain chicken or fish on CD. So mice to have taste and spice and despite it looking tiny it was actually really filling :).

That leaves me with a bar to eat later on tonight while watching Silks! Yay!

I think I'm really going to enjoy this diet (remember I'm comparing it to CD!)

Bring on Day2 :)

yoga84 said:
Day 1

Gone really well today. Had a strawberry shake for breakfast (bit sweet), chocolate cereal shake at lunchtime (yummy) and I have just had the chilli with extra mushrooms for my evening meal, which was really lovely... Especially after 2.5 months of plain chicken or fish on CD. So mice to have taste and spice and despite it looking tiny it was actually really filling :).

That leaves me with a bar to eat later on tonight while watching Silks! Yay!

I think I'm really going to enjoy this diet (remember I'm comparing it to CD!)

Bring on Day2 :)

Glad you're enjoying it Alex, it's so much better than CD isn't it?! The meal packs definitely make it easier to stick to!

I really wish I'd found it months ago... Would have made life easier and I'd have saved a fortune lol! They need to advertise it better x

Day 2

Weighed in this morning as Thursday is my weigh day and lost another 3 pounds this week (6 days CD and 1 day SS) So thats 33 pounds since the beginning of March :)

I wonder how much I'll lose on a full SS week - as I don't think I was in ketosis for some of the week as I had some fruit due to being completely sick of CD... Hence the changeover.

So far today I've had a crispy vanilla milkshake (yummy) and I've got a banana milkshake for lunch, spag Bol with mushroom, peppers and a few olives for tea (really looking forward to that) and then a bar and Coke Zero for a late snack :) Loving it :-D

Alex
Xx

yoga84 said:
Day 2

Weighed in this morning as Thursday is my weigh day and lost another 3 pounds this week (6 days CD and 1 day SS) So thats 33 pounds since the beginning of March :)

I wonder how much I'll lose on a full SS week - as I don't think I was in ketosis for some of the week as I had some fruit due to being completely sick of CD... Hence the changeover.

So far today I've had a crispy vanilla milkshake (yummy) and I've got a banana milkshake for lunch, spag Bol with mushroom, peppers and a few olives for tea (really looking forward to that) and then a bar and Coke Zero for a late snack :) Loving it :-D

Alex
Xx

Well done on the 3lbs off, you're doing great!

It's amazing how easy this is to do and it's the same cals as Cambridge!

I know! So much better than CD :)

I missed lunch today so didn't get my banana milkshake... So just got home and had broccoli with the mac cheese and OMG!! It was gorgeous :) I'm soooo happy lol!

A

Day 3

100% again so far today.
Had strawberry shake for breakfast, a bar for lunch, spicy spaghetti with mushrooms and peppers for dinner!

I've mixed up a chocolate shake really thick and put in the freezer to have as a treat later :) plus I've got olives and coke zero :)

I LOVE this diet xxx

Day 4

Going to a Summer Ball on the 14th July (I WILL be off plan that night lol!) and just bought a dress in the sale at Debenhams - it's bright red, slinky with a thigh high split and best of all a size 14!!!! OMG I'm soooo happy... When I started CD 3 months ago I was a size 20. What a difference 2.5 stone makes!! Plus I have 3 weeks to lose another half a stone so it will look even better :)

I feel fabulous and it's given me a real boost to keep going in SS - I need to remember this feeling when I think about cheating!

Alex

Hi Alex x well done on what you have lost so far that's fantastic x I'm so glad I found slim and save as for the first time I feel I can now finish my journey x
And just started reading the grey books !! I think I will enjoy ;-) x

yoga84 said:
Day 4

Going to a Summer Ball on the 14th July (I WILL be off plan that night lol!) and just bought a dress in the sale at Debenhams - it's bright red, slinky with a thigh high split and best of all a size 14!!!! OMG I'm soooo happy... When I started CD 3 months ago I was a size 20. What a difference 2.5 stone makes!! Plus I have 3 weeks to lose another half a stone so it will look even better :)

I feel fabulous and it's given me a real boost to keep going in SS - I need to remember this feeling when I think about cheating!

Alex

Well done you that's fantastic news

Back