Alex's JUDDDDing Ways

I honestly think and have found that Juddd is more difficult for those who have very little to lose, like you CL, I have no idea why that is but I do think fro what I have seen is that you have to be stricter to lose those last few pounds :mad: The juddd calculator gives fairly low numbers for those who only have a little left to lose. Usually I would say to just enjoy your UP days without restriction but unfortunately that wouldn't be the best idea for you hun. Obviously relax about them as that seems to have helped and try not to set yourself a limit as then that starts off the binging 'thought' but maybe while you still have a few ponds left to lose eat lots of lower cal foods??? As I say this isn't the usual advice I would give but this does seem to be a bit of a common dilemma, its great for those with a few stones to lose and is a brilliant maintainance plan for those who want to maintain but for tose trying to lose the last few pounds to reach goal it can be a bit hit and miss. That said you did brilliantly while on hols so I can't see why it wouldn't work again xx

Im just so down Jo. The constant failing to stick to the 2000 cal limit is killing me and even more so as i can survive so easily on no food! And like u say on hol i was a judddering demon but i think thats because i had nothing else to think about? I do think my UD cals that Dr J gives me (2200) are far too high to just lose this relatively small amout of weight, and i agree with u that this doesnt seem to be a diet if u only have a little to lose. But i do really love the founding principles of it and rely believe in them too as a long term plan for maintaining weight and improving health. I have got to shift some weight this week for my own sanity but i fully intend to return to juddd within a fortnight to carry on trying to crack maintainence. That is my real battle. And i will def need ur help then jo!

Juicy, have u has a peek at my diary? My ups generally go in to 4/5000 cals! Thats not normal! But having said that if im eating nothing kn my downs and also factoring in my exercise im still not sure i deserve such a big gain, but who knows! But have faith folks, im not giving up on this-no way jose! Xx

You do what you need to do hun, though I have just seen your 'boxing pic' and you look amazing !! xx If you need to do something else just to shift the last stubborn pounds no one will blame you and then back to juddd to maintain, I know you can do it xx
Sorry for hijacking your thread yoga x

Im just so down Jo. The constant failing to stick to the 2000 cal limit is killing me and even more so as i can survive so easily on no food! And like u say on hol i was a judddering demon but i think thats because i had nothing else to think about? I do think my UD cals that Dr J gives me (2200) are far too high to just lose this relatively small amout of weight, and i agree with u that this doesnt seem to be a diet if u only have a little to lose. But i do really love the founding principles of it and rely believe in them too as a long term plan for maintaining weight and improving health. I have got to shift some weight this week for my own sanity but i fully intend to return to juddd within a fortnight to carry on trying to crack maintainence. That is my real battle. And i will def need ur help then jo!

Juicy, have u has a peek at my diary? My ups generally go in to 4/5000 cals! Thats not normal! But having said that if im eating nothing kn my downs and also factoring in my exercise im still not sure i deserve such a big gain, but who knows! But have faith folks, im not giving up on this-no way jose! Xx
im going to look at it now hun! would u mind looking at my diary to see if its right? ive had my first down day today and i hope its gone ok i would really appreciate it if u kept an eye on me to see if im doing ok! lol xxx

juicygooseface said:
im going to look at it now hun! would u mind looking at my diary to see if its right? ive had my first down day today and i hope its gone ok i would really appreciate it if u kept an eye on me to see if im doing ok! lol xxx

Im whizzing over to urs as we spk! Xxx

lol thanks hun!
you look great in your picture u posted on your diary too!
"well jel" as they say lol xxx

bajoleth said:
Sorry for hijacking your thread yoga x

No problem :)

And tbh I only have a stone to lose so maybe thats it?

And while I have had 3UDs in a row some weeks I've also still had 3 DDs and my UDs have been controlled recently! Since my hysterectomy nothing but CD has worked at all! I think hormones play a big part in weight loss and menopause is a killer!

I'm really hoping Hannah's way will work this week so I'll be sticking to it 100% so no one can say that's why it hasn't worked ;-) I really don't want to CD but I also want to be a healthy weight this year!

Weight is def harder to shift the older you get , I lost 5 stone in 4 mths counting cals after my 1st son was born, got down to 8 stone and stayed there for 5 years by being careful during the week and enjoying my weeknds, not so different from now lol. It was after I turned 30 and my 2nd son was born I developed a weight problem, it has never come off easily since but this is the only diet I have done that I know I will again reach my goal on no matter how long it takes ;)
Are you seeing any NSV ??

bajoleth said:
Weight is def harder to shift the older you get , I lost 5 stone in 4 mths counting cals after my 1st son was born, got down to 8 stone and stayed there for 5 years by being careful during the week and enjoying my weeknds, not so different from now lol. It was after I turned 30 and my 2nd son was born I developed a weight problem, it has never come off easily since but this is the only diet I have done that I know I will again reach my goal on no matter how long it takes ;)

No real NSV... Apart from feeling great lol!!! Which is why I want it to work :)

So just to try and stay eith JUDDDD I've decided to do Hannah's Way for a full week (rather than just until friday as first planned... I can fit it in with my mums birthday celebrations so gonna go for it!) before weighing in... In the desperate hope it works for me too :-D

So you won't be getting rid of me just yet ;-)

bajoleth said:

Btw I'm not "that" old lol! I had my hysterectomy at 37 due to cancer - I'm only 40 now! Lol!

I said older , I didn't say you were old lol, I am nearly 42 and proud of it, wouldn't want to be 20 something again for all the Tea in china xx

The best way I can explain it is by splitting the days up into meals like Alex posted above.

Down day 1 Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast, Monday lunch.

Up day from Monday dinner until Tuesday lunch.

Down day 2 Tuesday dinner, Wednesday breakfast, Wednesday lunch.

Up day from Wednesday dinner until Thursday lunch

Down day 3 Thursday dinner, Friday breakfast, Friday lunch.

Up day on Friday dinner, all of Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

and would u say this works better than the original way? good to know of a different way incase the original doesnt work for me! xxxx

bajoleth said:
I said older , I didn't say you were old lol, I am nearly 42 and proud of it, wouldn't want to be 20 something again for all the Tea in china xx

No neither would I lol!! Life was far too complicated in my twenties... I'm my own person through and through these days and also proud of it ;-)

Go us!!! :-D

bajoleth said:

Here here!! Twenty something is not a winner for me!! Bring on flirty thirties and naughty forties!

juicygooseface said:
and would u say this works better than the original way? good to know of a different way incase the original doesnt work for me! xxxx

I'll let you know in a week! First day of Hannahs Way today! Looking good so far lol! ;-) x

Here here!! Twenty something is not a winner for me!! Bring on flirty thirties and naughty forties!
Aw bless you, I enjoyed them at the time but life changes as you get older and I prefer my life now, does that make sense? Don't you go wishing your twenties away young lady, you enjoy them xxx

No neither would I lol!! Life was far too complicated in my twenties... I'm my own person through and through these days and also proud of it ;-)

Go us!!! :-D
Here here xx

Caroline_Louise said:

You're doing just great Hun... You need to going your wins remember :)

bajoleth said:
Aw bless you, I enjoyed them at the time but life changes as you get older and I prefer my life now, does that make sense? Don't you go wishing your twenties away young lady, you enjoy them xxx

Oh i know, hate myself for wishing time away! Just sooo not where i had hoped to be! BUT i know if i crack this food problem life will be that much sweeter :) xx

Caroline_Louise said:
Oh i know, hate myself for wishing time away! Just sooo not where i had hoped to be! BUT i know if i crack this food problem life will be that much sweeter :) xx

Just imagine where you want your life to be in a year... And then work backwards through the steps you need to take to get there until you know what you have to do today to start your journey ;-)

Back