Alex's JUDDDDing Ways

Not had the greatest of days - Ofsted rubbish and got wound up about the outcome! I feel like I've let the school down... Even though I'm their advisor not headteacher and they ignored my advice!!! I think I have guilt issues :-( I always feel responsible!!! And that I could have done better... I guess I feel like I don't deserve my job!?! In the end this afternoon I was beating myself up so much about it my boss had to sit me down and tell me what a good job I was doing and that it wasn't my fault - how blinkin embarrassing :-(

Then tonight my son has got all upset about school. He is in year 6 and his literacy teacher just keeps shouting at the whole class - saying they are rubbish and not working hard enough etc! Now my boy works really hard and literacy is not his best subject but he tries his very best... But he thinks when she shouts at the class she is really just shouting at him and its all his fault! Sound familiar!!!???

So I've spent the last hour convincing him not to take it personally when I know if it was me I'd be exactly the same as him!! So now I feel guilty about the fact that he must have learnt this behaviour from me!!!

I'm going to arrange an appointment to go in to talk to the teacher next week (god help her!) but I hate seeing him so upset :-(

All in all a crap day!! (Plus had vodka instead of proper food tonight which is really bad but at least stuck to my DD calories!)

Sorry for the ramble girls but needed to vent as I'm feeling low tonight (anti-depressants not helping me deal with my stress levels!)

Aww, sounds like you've had a rough day hun :( Sending big hugs & sympathy your way.

I know it's so easy to feel guilty / beat yourself up about things that are outside your control - I do so all the time, & in fact my boss has zaid several times that his goal this year is to build my confidence, lol.

Just don't forget A what a lovely strong person you are - and if they hadn't been silly enough to ignore your advice they'd have done better! Hope tmr is kinder to you (at least you have a hot date to look forward to ;))

Well done also for sticking to your DD cals - I'd have so had a wine / chocolate / ice cream binge afeter such a shitty day x

Reminds me of my daughter's year 1 teacher who told the entire class she would "come down on them like a ton of bricks" if they messed around during the ofsted inspection. Needless to say I was less than impressed :( hope you get things sorted for your son xx

sending hugs to you after a sh*t day :( Hope you feel a bit better now you've slept on it. You can't save a school single handedly if they won't take your advice. You did right on the part you could control (the advice you gave) and can't control what other people decide to do (ignoring the advice). Don't know what I read to learn that, but it has probably saved my marriage when I see my hubby making bad decisions re. his daughter from prev. relationship and used to upset myself and try to intervene and 'make everything alright'. But after about 6 years of that I now just make sure my opinions are known, let him know what I thought was the right thing, but to leave him to make his own decisions and face the consequences. You can't carry the burden of other people's problems

OMG I so have to watch this TV show! *iplayer*....

....watched it - you're sooo purty!! xx and so confident in front of the camera! I'd be a twitching wreck. Loving your accents too :) :)

Last edited:
Paulinegin said:
Morning darling

Here's wishing you a fantastic Friday and so long to terrible Thursday!

Is it date night tonight? :D

P x

Morning Hun (belated!)

Yes date 1 tonight - well ish I was going out anyway but he made sure I'd be there and said he was looking forward to seeing me again so... Who knows lol!

I'm trying not to get to down today but I suffer with depression the best of times (usually controlled by meds) and I can feel an "episode" coming on so I need to look after myself to try to control it! Hopefully a good weekend will help :)

Have a good day xx

emmster said:
Aww, sounds like you've had a rough day hun :( Sending big hugs & sympathy your way.

I know it's so easy to feel guilty / beat yourself up about things that are outside your control - I do so all the time, & in fact my boss has zaid several times that his goal this year is to build my confidence, lol.

Just don't forget A what a lovely strong person you are - and if they hadn't been silly enough to ignore your advice they'd have done better! Hope tmr is kinder to you (at least you have a hot date to look forward to ;))

Well done also for sticking to your DD cals - I'd have so had a wine / chocolate / ice cream binge afeter such a shitty day x

Thanks Hun - helps knowing propel on here care and don't mind listening to me vent :) xxx

Lou_G said:
sending hugs to you after a sh*t day :( Hope you feel a bit better now you've slept on it. You can't save a school single handedly if they won't take your advice. You did right on the part you could control (the advice you gave) and can't control what other people decide to do (ignoring the advice). Don't know what I read to learn that, but it has probably saved my marriage when I see my hubby making bad decisions re. his daughter from prev. relationship and used to upset myself and try to intervene and 'make everything alright'. But after about 6 years of that I now just make sure my opinions are known, let him know what I thought was the right thing, but to leave him to make his own decisions and face the consequences. You can't carry the burden of other people's problems

OMG I so have to watch this TV show! *iplayer*....

....watched it - you're sooo purty!! xx and so confident in front of the camera! I'd be a twitching wreck. Loving your accents too :) :)

I know I need to learn to stop thinking I'm going to "get caught out" at work and that I do a good job most of the time :-( But I always get a sense of dread when I think things have gone even slightly wrong... Really difficult to shake :-(

Thanks for saying I'm pretty - your lovely :) Accent is terrible lol! Xx

So decided to have an UD today as not really feeling up to my second DD today.

Gonna WI on way to work and then have breakfast there :)

Fingers crossed for a loss x

yoga84 said:
So decided to have an UD today as not really feeling up to my second DD today.

Gonna WI on way to work and then have breakfast there :)

Fingers crossed for a loss x

Great decision, you need food on days like today. Crossing everything possible for you my love xxxxx

yeah yoga ive got everything crossed for you honey bun xxx

Pit just got deeper - WI and I've put 2 pounds on!! How is that possible - I did have a bad week last weekend but I've had 4 DDs since then!!! :-( Pissed off!! Xx

Sorry ladies :-(

Alex I can't see how much you've left to lose, but if it's as little as me I'd say quit the DDD's, just weighed in myself and seems like my body is holding onto every gram as I am guessing it thinks I'm starving if I do 2 DD's in a row now.... switching back to alternating for a while :) see how it goes, could be a plan for you too xx

Awwww no, sounds like the week I am having.... totally pissed off today. Make sure you have a good weekend and jump back onboard next week, dont let it get you down......

Back