Alighterlife day one...day from Hell

Awww, thanks Helen, thats good to know, I suppose its good to have a mid weigh in on your first week just to spur you on!...I wonder how much I lost? I assume i've lost lol.

Just had my 3rd shake, vanilla, 6 ice cubes and 1 spoon of coffee...yum yum, my fav by far, mind you the chocolate one and coffee is good too. I read that cafeene (excuse dodgy spelling) is good at keeping gallstones at bay, plus it helps me feel perky. :p

Were you in ketosis by day three?

Hmm its been a while, did LL briefly last year but lost 108 in 2007 although I have regained it all now and am starting again next Wed . The first time I started on a monday morning and was in ketosis by my mid week weigh in on thursday morning, both other times its been quicker but it depends how many carbs you have eaten in the couple of days before starting.

Its interesting to hear about the caffeine preventing gallstones. Its something that worries me about Lighterlife although I know there are chances of developing gallstones with any weight loss plan that reduces fat.

When is your mini meeting?

Helen

Mini meeting is tomorrow @1:15, thankfully I'm on Early shift so I can attend, apart from LL, I never get weighed in front of somone (except once when preggers) lol so its a good incentive. Well done for returning, sorry I didnt read your status.

I read up on the gallstone problem with biggest loser weightloss program, so shall see :)

Glad all is okay over there! I am sure he was bricken it on the flight home of what YOU would do to him...and that was probably far worse than what he had to go thru in the States. ;)

Does LLT get easier? Sure does and as mentioned above it becomes routine. We all have our moments but then remember why we started this journey in the first place. You get weekly rewards from the scales:) The weight drops off and this keeps you/s going and on track.
Weekly meetings are very important and they tackle many issues of why we are the way we are. As your weight changes so do you and so do old habbits (out the window they go). Each week is a lovely surprise.

Look forward to reading more about your journey!
xx

good luck with ur stop in WI tomorrow xx

Day 3, and at work, finding it a bit tougher today as went to starbucks with my colleague he had mocha with cream and I had green tea. Few hours to go until my first wi only 2 real days on ll so I wonder what if any loss. Plus i'm in my work uniform which weighs a ton. . . Making excuses lol but i've stuck to it 100% just a bit nervous, I think wednesday will show better weight lorr as it will be 6 days on ll

alighterlife said:
Day 3, and at work, finding it a bit tougher today as went to starbucks with my colleague he had mocha with cream and I had green tea. Few hours to go until my first wi only 2 real days on ll so I wonder what if any loss. Plus i'm in my work uniform which weighs a ton. . . Making excuses lol but i've stuck to it 100% just a bit nervous, I think wednesday will show better weight lorr as it will be 6 days on ll

You will have lost don't worry if you have stuck to it hun!

You could have used some of your vanilla shake, assuming you have one lol then added it to a nice coffee from Starbucks xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done for staying on track through the stress of your husbands drama!!

Yes it gets easier, you get into a routine. Once you are properly on ketosis you lose the desire to eat. Any hunger is in the mind after that.

Good luck and keep posting!! xx

Good news girlies, 4lb lost and i'm in ketosis! Considering I started on thursday I think thats really good! Roll on saturday! Thanks for all the advice, I will try that in starbucks next time :p lol x

alighterlife said:
Good news girlies, 4lb lost and i'm in ketosis! Considering I started on thursday I think thats really good! Roll on saturday! Thanks for all the advice, I will try that in starbucks next time :p lol x

Fantastic, you will be in for a good first week loss!! Xx

Last edited:
Good morning Day 4 :) and my fellow minimins :p
This 'feeling not hungry' is a bit strange isnt it? I cannot tell you when I last felt not hungry lol.
I went shopping yesterday afternoon up the west-end with my 1year old daughter and met up with my mother and brother. Usually when I go, I go out for a meal, Itallian or something up China Town, but thankfully I wasnt feeling hungry or craved anything. So I treated myself to a shedload of Lush products (to those who don't know bath bombs, face masks etc) I spent a mini fortune, but I have to pamper myself right? lol
All day I only managed 2 shakes, drank loads, had another trip to starbucks, had a black coffee. But on my way home we got stuck in traffic on the bus. I didn't get home till almost 8:30, so I ended up having 2 shakes at once as I didnt want to not have them and I was so exhausted from being up working since 6am that I wanted to go straight to bed.

Is it ok to have two shakes at once? not something I plan to do again, but just wondering. I also got some green tea and jasmin tea from China Town to help me with my 4 litres. I'm off work today, so day of rest I think, but I do want to start incooperating some exercise, I figure that by my official WI on Wed I should be in the 16 stone mark :)........the last time I saw 16 on the scales was about 2 years ago! what a good feeling!

How are you all keeping?
xx

Well done on the choices you made whilst shopping. You sound like your head is in a great space!!

Yes you can double up on shakes, it's important to have the 4 per day!! Xx

Congratulations on getting into ketosis so quickly and on the good choices you made yesterday. 4lb is really good in a couple of days and very motivational! You are doing really well, I hope I can do so well when I start again on Wednesday night/Thursday morning x

Well done on the weight loss. Those kind of numbers keep you going and going (along with all that water ;) )
Never had a LUSH product in my life. I smell the shop in town about a mile away when walking and avoid it. Just too strong for me, I guess.

Double up on the shakes? SURE!! I double up on porridge somedays and hasn't knocked me out of ketosis. Mind you..had a bad day yesterday so back to basics for me :(

have a FAB day
xx

Hey Weebles, sorry you had a bad day yesterday, I think its something we all go through :( but chin up, your back on track, nothing worse than throwing in the towel after a blip. You have not got far to go either :)

@Helen, Your going to be just fine, Wednesdy just can't come fast enough eh? I don't know if i'm 'qualified' to give advice but I started as soon as I got the shakes, there was no last supper for me.

Thanks Lady T, I am proud of what I hae acheived so far, now it is getting easier, I'm not hungry. I had the broth thing as I was feeling weak and shaking a bit.

My husband is being very supportive, he said once I've lost 4 stone he will give me £400 to go for shopping :)

Weebles, Lush is a bit overpowering but the individual items are....LUSH lol.

Can anyone reccomend any of the soups, I have only been having shakes so was thinking about something new to keep if a bit more 'exciting'
x
Hope your all having a nice sunday!

Wow generous hubby!

I have only tried Minestrone and Vegetable, neither of which wer that great but then I am more of a sweet than savoury person. xx

Sounds like a great day :) Green tea is good on Lighter Life, but not any teas made from flower or fruit. It's only leaf tea we can have, so not sure about the Jasmine tea.

ah possum, thank you so much! I've not opened it yet, and wont now. I just thought it was leaf too! phew!

Great start!!

Seems like you really in the zone and will do well on this diet - good luck!! :):) xx

Dropping in to say hi. Good going in the first few days. Not easy but worth it !

Keep on trucking, onwards and downards xx

Back