All change!

Ooooh beanies are yummy - they sell a few in Sainsburys. The ameretto one is delicious and my fave so far...only tried 1 other which was nice. I now have 11 different flavors to work though!! Luckily i like my coffee, although this lot should see me through until I go on my travels next winter :)

Now writing up a meal plan for the week ahead - I never stick to them, but as I'm on a very strict budget at the min, I need to buy wisely. I have £25 for my weekly food shop this week, and have some discount vouchers for Sainsburys (£6 off a £30 shop - i have one every week for the next 4 weeks!) so that means I really have £31. I'm doing my xmas food shopping as I go along so there's no shock purchases in a few weeks - I already have some snacks (stowed away safely in the van), am going to get a little bit of chocolate, some nut cutlets for the roast dinner and tofu for my breakfast on xmas day. Apart from that, its just a fresh food shop on xmas eve - me and my mum always go and do the rounds after she finishes work at 4. There's a big sainsburys, waitrose and tesco and a small M&S within walking distance of each other, so we go and by reduced food at bargain prices. Last year we filled the fridge and freezer plus had so much food for the week, and it cost a fraction of what I see some people spending on booze for 1 day. It's so cold now too so I keep food in my van in winter as its almost as cold as a fridge :) You just have to be willing to put up with the mad rush of people, but to save £200, sometimes more, on food, is an opportunity we can't pass up on.

It's one of my favourite things about xmas - we go in right before the shops close, and follow the staff around reducing food before shutting for xmas ;) Usually there's lots of people doing this on a regular day but xmas eve is so busy and full of people who forgot something/doing main shopping that people can't be bothered to look for reduced stuff. it's not for everyone but we love a bargain!

Didn't go in the end as the job was only part time (with silly hours so difficult to fit other work in around it) and the pay was awful! Not what they advertised at all!!

Ended up helping a mate move house from up north down to lOndon so spent 12 hours driving yesterday!

I'm now exhausted and its raining outside, so I'm going to have another day of sitting about :)

Going to have a look at the 'reduced' bit, had a look in the past but there's never been anything 'appealing' think i will have a look xmas eve this year, as we're not going to be 'flush' this year with cash:sigh:

You have to time it right Zafira - we know after years of doing it what time they start going round checking stock and knocking the prices down. You want to go late in the afternoon but not so late it's all gone!

Usually there's not much for me, sometimes some fruit and veg...my mum isn't veggie and usually bags a few bags of very cheap meat, party food etc. The bargains are usually in the fridge section, or fresh :)

You have to time it right Zafira - we know after years of doing it what time they start going round checking stock and knocking the prices down. You want to go late in the afternoon but not so late it's all gone! Usually there's not much for me, sometimes some fruit and veg...my mum isn't veggie and usually bags a few bags of very cheap meat, party food etc. The bargains are usually in the fridge section, or fresh :)
Knowing me I will get there too late :D

Weigh in tonight - been awful today and went over my syns last week too...hmmmmmm

I'm stressed out because I don't feel well and I have to go back to the doctors to get prodded and poked again tomorrow. Getting fed up of it all now, just wait all the pain to go away and let me live how I want to again.

Not looking forward to weigh in tonight and I feel like rubbish and have got a new week off on completley the wrong foot! I could pull it back if I really, really try so hopefully i get a boost at weigh in and reign it in before it gets silly :(

1lb off :) nice surprise.

However I have been AWFUL today. had an estimate of around 100 Syns!!! Am hoping I can scrape some back and maintain next week...all of my sweets/chocolate are going to get locked in the allotment shed tomorrow and stay there until xmas day.

Am going to have a maximum of 10 Syns each day but try and have less where possible...I'm going out on friday night but will just drink diet coke which is an easy one really...Might be going to see some family on saturday eve which will mean food and drink...I can avoid alcohol, not sure what grub will be on offer though. We can't go until late so hopefully I can just take my own food with me.

Eugh i don't know why I binged on all that food, it didn't make me feel better at all. Why do we keep doing it!!??

It just goes to show how a blip can happen at any time. I'm going to have to try hard to stop it, but by locking all my junk away it should be OK until I get back in the zone. I'll feel better once I've been to the docs tomorrow to sort out my pain issues and hopefully have some answers or at least the ball rolling...

5 1/2 on over the xmas period. Not too bad, and a record low :)

Back on plan today, and hoping to keep it that way for the next week ahead! Sticking with Green as the new SW plan isn't really appealing to me!

Hope you all had a lovely xmas!! x

That's not too bad a gain!
I think the EE is ok, but then new EE SP, i find a bit restrictive, more like a red day, did try it on sat, but thought nooo...i wanted some carbs and a yoghurt :D
i will still do the odd green day too :)

Well done for the record low....always a nice feeling! My Christmas was a bit iffy....adult kids eh?
I got my new books today, I'm a green plan member too and am not sure what to do. I can see that most of what I eat already is under 'free foods'...not really bothered whether they're (S) really, more whether I like them! But some things have been moved off the hex lists, so not happy about that one. One the other hand my consultant said "If it ain't broke don't fix it...if it's working for you, just carry one."

I tried working out what I'd actually eat on a SP day if money was no limit, and I couldn't think of a nice sounding meal plan that would benefit me? The only really filling food I could think of would be a 5 bean chilli with HEXB roll or a load of roasted veg, with more veg and free linda macartney sausages (although not sure you could eat those on SP) For a vegan it would be horrifically expensive and difficult to do, as well as making me really, really hungry, when I could just do success express and still have my 1/3 carbs (which probably equates to the same amount a non-vegan would have in meat/fish/diary on an SP meal) and the rest superfree foods.

My consultant looked straight at me when she said to group 'is anyone not feeling the new group' my face must have said it all! But like your consultant Janet, she said Green has worked well for me, and even now when I go 'off plan' I still follow bits of it so I think its a change for life. If it's not broke, don't fix it! But it's nice to have even more tools in the proverbial tool box...in a few months some vegans will have tried out the new plans and done the legwork on finding updated syns for obscure vegan products, and have written meal plans for ideas, so I'll give it a go then once I know the SP plan works on a vegan diet. I say that because I don't believe it would have as much impact on me compared to a meat eater, as I tend to eat 100% superfree breakfast (just fruit, rarely a fry up!), stir fried veg for lunch ( so 50% or so) and dinner can range from 1/3 to 100% superfree! So it wouldn't 'save' me as many calories by cutting out the carbs, however I'd love to see a veggie/vegan do it for a week to see...

Back