allergic to cd?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by mils, 21 March 2009 Social URL.

1. mils

mils Full Member

Hi everyone,

I restarted CD yesterday and have developed strange blotches on my face. Could this be related to the CD products? When I did CD previously i mainly had the choc tetras and didn't have a reacation. This time i've been having choc mint and strawberry shakes.

Has anyone else had a similar reaction???

thanks in advance
    xx:confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. emmie86

emmie86 Angelic Fruitcake

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(19.58%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    hmmm thats intresting. Are you sure that the only thing different is that you doing CD? Have you changed your makeup/facecream/soap/ or anything that gets near your face? Are you stressed? I once broke out in blotches all over my body and it turned out to be a mild viral infection. Im no doctor but I would surggest you go seen one just to check it out and also call you CDC to see if their is a chance that it could be related to CD? Best of luck xxx

4. Losing it for good

Losing it for good Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(7.65%)
    Diet:
    VLC- Exante
    Hi,

I'm not too sure on this one either but I think emmie87 is right- ask your CDC and if it gets any worse consult your GP.

5. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    I had this on arms, face and chest and it was the milk powder used in the shakes and soups.

6. Jaycey

Jaycey Post-Menopausal Maniac!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(6.9%)
    Diet:
    The 'Jaycey Diet'!
    I developed some dry itchy skin around one of my eyes that I suppose could have been related to the diet. (I hadn't started using any new creams or anything either.) I just kept putting Vaseline-type stuff on it (very glam! :eek:) and it eventually went. I suppose the diet could be seen as a kind of detox, in which case all sorts of toxic reactions might come out? I would say it was worth persevering - give it a chance anyway.

7. mils

mils Full Member

Thanks for your responses.

So if it is the milk powder in the shakes, does that mean the tetras are ok?

I think it is an allergic reaction, I get the same when I drink red wine sometimes.

Might just try the tetras on there own and then see if it makes a difference.

xx

8. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I had the same after 2 weeks my skin felt better than it had ever done!

Funny about the red wine, I smell it and get blochy heehee

Hope you get it sorted out

9. ApplySomePressure

ApplySomePressure Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5.5lb(19.31%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    If it's the milk powder don't think the tetras would be any good either but i could be wrong - think it would just be the lactose free soups and shakes.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.