Alli takes the scenic route to maintenance

Euuurgh! I've come down with the lurgy and it's not much fun. I caught it of H on Tuesday afternoon and was using him as a hot water bottle whilst shivering away myself LOL. Could barely get out of bed yesterday (but as a Mum didn't have much choice as DH decided he was ill too :( ) and went into work this morning only to be ordered back home after sitting in a customer meeting looking like I was going to pass out.

My appetite has gone completely and yesterday I only managed to eat a slice of toast all day. Started to feel like I needed to eat tonight so had some fish and chips. I feel a bit better so I guess my body really needed some energy. F&C probably wasn't the best choice but nevermind...

I'm going to work from home tomorrow, but dread it if DH is staying at home. Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, but he is a pathetic patient and I'm no nurse, especially not when I'm ill too. Yet somehow he always thinks that he's much worse off and constantly ask me to get him stuff in this whiney voice. Nearly poured a mug of lemsip over him earlier, but thought better of it. I didn't want to have to take care of 2nd degree burns on top of everything else :rolleyes:

Right I'm going to crawl back into bed now - will catch up on diaries tomorrow! Night Night...

Poor you! You're right, when you're a mum, you just have to keep going :sigh:.
I hope you feel better tomorrow after a good sleep and likewise your DH :D.
Night night x

Hope you and your brood feel better soon. My DD has got the lurgy too, and whilst i have all the time in the world for children when they're ill- my sypathies do seem to fall short when adult men become ill. Why do they have to cough/sneeze/vomit etc quite so loudly at 3am?? Its like EVERYBODY has to suffer lack of sleep, just because they are....! Take care xx

Nearly poured a mug of lemsip over him earlier, but thought better of it. I didn't want to have to take care of 2nd degree burns on top of everything else

Tip: wait until it has cooled. Lemsip is great for bringing down a raging temperature, in more ways than one... lol.

Big hugs Alli, you've had a rotten few days... hope you are feeling better now and that OH is on the mend too... for the sake of your happy marriage! Take it easy hun and get some echinacea!

xxx

Don't get me wrong, I love him dearly, but he is a pathetic patient and I'm no nurse, especially not when I'm ill too. Yet somehow he always thinks that he's much worse off and constantly ask me to get him stuff in this whiney voice. Nearly poured a mug of lemsip over him earlier, but thought better of it. I didn't want to have to take care of 2nd degree burns on top of everything else :rolleyes:.

:8855::sick::innocent0001: Poor Alli, I do hope you are feeling a bit better today. I think all men must be the same, but it is a bit wearing when you feel rotten too! Mind you DD 1 has a cold and she's behaving in exactly the same manner - she stayed away in order to take another exam and I had hourly phone bulletins on how she was feeling and whiney phone calls while she was standing in Boots to ask what she should buy to feel better, (some elastoplast to cover her mouth and give us all some peace?) Then last night, home again, much noisy sneezing, coughing, loud moaning and lolling all over the sofa; giving it to us all no doubt.

Then this morning - up with the lark, bathed packed and off to London on a jolly for the weekend with the Young Farmer's float which won the West Mids Show and will be part of the Lord Mayor's parade on Saturday.
25 Shropshire young farmers in London for 2 nights? heaven help the Londoners!!
Some of them have never been before and are so excited!!! And yes, we are only 120 miles away, but we Salopians don't get out much!:D

Anyway, rambling here, get well hugs from me though. xxxx :hug99:

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! I feel great now but felt so rough until yesterday lunch time. Still it's over now so that's good.

I've had the best day today! Not for any particular reason - probably just because I've had 3-4 horrible days. I chilled out this morning and did a bit of baking. Luckily I'm not a cake fan so I haven't had any - family had a slice each and I've frozen the rest.

This afternoon a friend and I went to a Boden at home party. It was brilliant. I love love love Boden, especially for children's clothes, but for me as well. I normally buy a few things each season but it's really expensive (for me anyway) and so I rarely splurge. This party was at a friend of my friend's house and she had rails and rails of clothes that we could try. It was so nice to be a size 12 as most items were in the 8-14 size so even if they didn't have a 12 I could try a 10 or a 14 and kind of see if I liked it. I ended up spending LOADS (shhh don't tell DH) and all super pretty lovely amazing things that looked really good on me. There was only 1 full length mirror there and so we were all commenting on each others outfits. That meant that everyone checked everyone else out and I spotted stuff that I would normally not try on. I now have 3 dresses on order, a pair of jeans, a pyjamas and a pair of trousers for DS. I feel slightly sick about the money, but they offered me a glass of wine to ease the pain so that was good. I got 20% off and £25 off my next order so it was a good deal. My friend and I stayed for a couple of hours and we didn't even realise. Loads of people came and went and all of a sudden we realised it was really quiet and everyone else had gone home LOL. Felt a bit embarrassed about being so pathetically excited about it but I was like a kid in a sweet shop!:D:D:eek: So wouldn't have enjoyed that a few months ago...

Now DD has gone to a friend's house for a sleepover (remember those!?) and DH is out. DS and I are watching strictly, having a lovely time.

Food wise all good today - even have 17 cals to spare...!

Well yes they are dear, but Boden clothes are lovely and they wear so well, you'll get years out of them so that's a bargain then isn't it? :D

I like Toast stuff as well and some Joules. But of course I can splurge sometimes and not feel too guilty because I am the charity shop queen!! Latest bargain was a John Partridge jacket ( 3.99!) which daughter has snaffled, looked up on tinternet and found it was over 100 quid!! :D Clever me huh? I've only just discovered charity shops for clothes, I'm very picky and as you can wash everything....well why not?

Glad you're better now. x

Ooohh, love being able to try anything in a shop now, instead of just the tents! Have never done charity shops before cd but now love them. Have got some stuff completely new, with labels. The wrap dress i got a few days back was from a 'dress agency'- (a slightly posh charity shop) and was new from M+S and only £12. Thay have loads of designer stuff, and dressy stuff in for nights out. Great now xmas parties are soon to be looming.

I'd love if i didn't like cakes, because i love baking. Have to restrict it cos i cannot stop myself licking the spoon of batter! Fancy having cals left, how restrained.... xx

Well the 17 cals disappeared and a few more besides! Not too bad though but a friend phoned to see if she could pop over to watch X factor at our house as her DH was watching the footie. She brought some snacks and I had some but was amazingly restrained.

What a ramble my post was yesterday - I was clearly high on the buzz of spending money I can't really afford :D:eek:.

We have no firm plans for today. Once we've picked up DD from her sleepover we might pop to our local posh garden centre to look at the Xmas lights. They have a massive room full of displays and the children love it (and so do moi if I'm honest). Other than that I think bits of housework and if the weather allows it a walk as I haven't been out much this week. It's been raining all night though so doubt it will be walking weather later.

Food today will be:

B: Cappuccino shake, half a bagel w butter
L: Not sure yet, maybe an omelette
D: BNS and lentil curry with rice
S: Fruit, a biscuit or 2 (nairn's stem ginger)

Goal for today - drink more water!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Have loved reading the last few entries! I love Boden too, some of it anyway. I always rationed myself but now I am slimmer have got two cashmere jumpers & 2 cashmere cardis... just about my only warm stuff that fits now - and am snuggled up in one of the cardis today. Also have a dress, which I'd never have dared buy in past, the green fitted one with purply flowers... I love it. Bess, I love Toast too, but they are even dearer, I try to wait for the sale... and I was lucky, wasn't mad abut anything from the winter catalogue. BUT I love sniffing the Toast catalogue... the smell of the ink is gorgeous! (Yes, I know, I am mad).

Alli, I think you deserve your little Boden haul and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it... what a fab idea the house parties are for something like that!

xxx

Good for you Alli buying the clothes, as Bess says they are investment pieces that will last you ages and especially when you work out the cost/usage percentage!
I love charity shops and have got lots of lovely things too.
i bought some Pikeur jods for 4.00 (the ones that I offered you, bess?) a lovely size 8 Joules jumper/fleece for 2.50 and a brand new Kaliko dress size 8 for 24.99 that retails for over three figures!!
Mythinks im going shopping on my next days off.....x

Good for you Alli buying the clothes, as Bess says they are investment pieces that will last you ages and especially when you work out the cost/usage percentage!
I love charity shops and have got lots of lovely things too.
i bought some Pikeur jods for 4.00 (the ones that I offered you, bess?) a lovely size 8 Joules jumper/fleece for 2.50 and a brand new Kaliko dress size 8 for 24.99 that retails for over three figures!!
Mythinks im going shopping on my next days off.....x

Size 8? Size 8?!!!! You teeny weeny thing. I thought policewomen had to be big and butch?!:rolleyes: Hmm........you probably do look like your atavar then! But of course, I realise now;being a woman you only need brains, not brawn!! So obvious really. :D

I shall never be a size 8, being 5'6" and a half!! Size 14 would really be fine for me, occasionally sneaking into a 12 on the tops. Nearly there!!:)

Hi all

Having a sneaky 5 minutes on here hoping that no one in my very open plan office will notice! I was decidedly off plan yesterday and it was not good. I did the usual of telling myself I could have a day off but remain in control - and those days always end in disaster. Not because I can't stay in control, but because the whole thing is a ploy to binge. I knew it was really, but still insisted on pretending that it was just a balanced day off. That is until I ate 4 home made muffins (albeit "healthy" granola ones) on the trot just before dinner - I came back to reality then and no amount of self deceit could convince me otherwise! Still had dinner though...:rolleyes:

Back in the saddle today and so far so good. Played with the idea of having lunch in the canteen as they serve a roast on Wednesdays, but am going to stick with my DT plan and have soup and sandwich.

Hope you are all well - Katy I saw you had a slight wobble the other day, but you seem to have recovered well.

I'll try and catch up on everyone's diaries tonight!

Hi Alli... the wobbles really get you, don't they? I identify with the way your head can con you into something, setting things up for a binge... crazy. What I admire about you is that you seem to get back on track pretty fast and avoid the panic stage that I still seem to go through, which only serves to drag the whole thing out still further... I am learning, though. Slowly, but every improvement is something to be thankful for.

Hope yesterday went to plan, and today is fab.

xxx

Thanks guys! Yesterday went OK - I had a bit more than I had planned but I exercised so I was probably within my DT allowance - Just!

Today has been calm, but Thursday nights are always hard as DH is out. This is traditionally my binge night so will have to be really careful. I have a pineapple all prepared in the fridge and will snack on that. I don't care if I have the whole thing and go over cals as long as I don't binge on junk.

Menu today has been:

B/f: Banana and Cappuccino
L: Pret baguette and Sweet potato crisps
D: Chicken and veg fajitas with guacamole
S: Treat size bounty and 1 x choc digestive (not planned), pineapple

This should come to around 1200...maybe a smidgen more

Wore a new cardigan today (from my Boden party) and had so many people commenting on it....lovely! Also, several people commented on my weight loss so clearly it must be flattering as no one has mentioned my weight loss for ages.

Back