Almond Milk instead of Skim Milk?

TwinkleToesT

Hey guys,

I can't drink Skim milk but my consultant said not to drink Soy Milk as it makes you bloat. She recommended Almond milk but i'm nervous because you can have nuts of Cambridge.

What do you guys think, can I substitute the Skim milk with Almond milk and still be fine and in ketosis? Coz on Step 2 its quite a lot of milk...

Anyone? :( Also, I would like to know if i can use Coconut Oil instal of Olive Oil when I cook my meal :) xxx

Yes you can use almond milk or soya milk. If soya doesn't make YOU bloat then there's no reason you can't have it but get the unsweetened version to limit carbs. As for the volumes your cdc should have told you the equivalent volume. But the alternatives are at higher volumes as they're lower in calories so on step 1 it's 250ml of soya on steps 2 and 5 it's 540ml of soya and on 3 and 4 it's 360ml of soya. I'd use that as a guideline for almond milk too! As for cooking your meal. You shouldn't use any oil at all if you can help it but if you feel it is necessary then olive or coconut are both good choices! I hope that helps (I'm a cdc so will specifically ask about almond milk incase it is a different volume but I have checked the calorific values and they are lower than the unsweetened soya so those volumes should be good!) Xxx

Thank you so so much Tiggemma!! You're always so helpful on this forum and I've learnt so much from just your replies to myself and others :) xxx

Back