Almond milk

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
Has anyone ever used almond milk in cooking, I imagine sweet things it works for but how about savoury ?

from fat to skinny jeans only 50lbs to go

Hi there, the almond breeze milk is unsweetened so would suit savoury. To be honest although I do use this milk Ive never used it to cook with, only to make my porridge in the morning a few mins in the microwave. Its ok for that though. Give it a go it may be nice. Please report back to us. I really love this milk. What I would say though is that when I have put a mug of it in the micro to make coffee it has gone a bit funny. Cant describe it really. Sorry dont suppose that helped at all :(

Hi there, the almond breeze milk is unsweetened so would suit savoury. To be honest although I do use this milk Ive never used it to cook with, only to make my porridge in the morning a few mins in the microwave. Its ok for that though. Give it a go it may be nice. Please report back to us. I really love this milk. What I would say though is that when I have put a mug of it in the micro to make coffee it has gone a bit funny. Cant describe it really. Sorry dont suppose that helped at all :(

Yes you helped thank you I need to try it only way to know. Sw is all about trying I find some of the mock style recipes vile but others are great it's def a case of trying and seeing on sw.

I need to improve my good to bad cholesterol ratio and I've heard this is good for it and it won't effect my syns if I can use this.

Do you know how much I can have as a hexa?

Hold the front page!!!!!! Are you sitting down? There is I believe a sweetened and unsweetened type. The unsweetened is 875 mls for a healthy extra a!! The downside is that if you have that every day as I used to before it came off offer, it now costs £1.39 which is virtually £1.39 a day. A lot for milk. But try it. If it helps your cholesterol level then thats an incentive isnt it? Hope you like it

Hey, I have just recently converted to almond milk. I use the blue diamond unsweetened and you get 875ml for hexa which I find fab. It makes a very luxurious hot choc with an options and still have enough for my porridge and teas all day :) there is also an alpro one which is 900ml for the unsweetened one. X

I love it jessy but as we have to have a full amount (about the size of the carton) I just find spending £1.39 on milk every day a bit expensive. Keep hoping it will go back down to £1 as it was when introduced. Re the hot choc, how do you make that. I put a mug of the milk into the microwave then stirred in the powder but it went a bit strange. Just interested in how you make yours?

Hold the front page!!!!!! Are you sitting down? There is I believe a sweetened and unsweetened type. The unsweetened is 875 mls for a healthy extra a!! The downside is that if you have that every day as I used to before it came off offer, it now costs £1.39 which is virtually £1.39 a day. A lot for milk. But try it. If it helps your cholesterol level then thats an incentive isnt it? Hope you like it

Wow that a whole lot of milk to get through. I'm going to go hunt for some today.

I'm so obsessed with improving i like to try what I can and in my one man unscientific cholesterol experiment sw isn't great for improving it unless you dig through it and find the best sources of goodness.

Also just to let you know when I first tried it I though mmm dont quite know about this. By day four I was hooked. You may be like me and need to get used to it. Let us know how you go on :)

I love it jessy but as we have to have a full amount (about the size of the carton) I just find spending £1.39 on milk every day a bit expensive. Keep hoping it will go back down to £1 as it was when introduced. Re the hot choc, how do you make that. I put a mug of the milk into the microwave then stirred in the powder but it went a bit strange. Just interested in how you make yours?

Do you have to have that amount tho ? I don't drink tea or coffee so I might struggle to get through this amount although I could try drink it neat.

just wondered if uve tried milk in rice pudding? always wondered if it would work, plus uses the hex a alloence =]

Yes its a healthy extra! I asked my c about this, apparently she said you have to have the full allowance if its a he so that you get all your calcium. Otherwise it has to be synned. However, if youre only going to have a little you could syn it as it works out at 6 syns for 875 mls.So a splash n dash wont be too bad. I do this as I have mine just in porridge. :)

This is on my to try list, rice pud. If its anything like the porridge, cant see it would be much different, then it will be lush. :)

This is on my to try list, rice pud. If its anything like the porridge, cant see it would be much different, then it will be lush. :)
i tried a sw recipe of water n rice pud... with yog mixed through.. didnt like it lmao too used to having it made with milk. so if almond milk works im off to the shops asap lol altho.. tomorrow is my green day heheh

I bought some almond milk the other day to make rice pud with. It was absolutely gorgeous. Tasted just like the real thing. I used 500mls almond breeze sweetened (6 syns I believe), 100g pudding rice, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla essence. Throw all of that in a pan and simmer for approx 30 mins stirring occasionally. Then once it had cooked and thickened nicely I stirred a white choc options into it. Makes 2 big portions for only 4 syns each but obviously you could have the whole thing for 2 syns if you used the milk as a hexa. It really was lush! X

Mmmmm rice pudding definately going to give that a go!! For my hot choc I put it in the milk before I microwave, and I have a mini whizzer to froth milk that I use so it mixes well, then ding :) gonna have one now! Yum yum! X

Mmmmm rice pudding definately going to give that a go!! For my hot choc I put it in the milk before I microwave, and I have a mini whizzer to froth milk that I use so it mixes well, then ding :) gonna have one now! Yum yum! X
oh my.. i think i havehot choc envy right now. lol

I got some and it's not to bad, I don't think I can drink it as just a glass of it but it made nice porridge. Ill be sticking with it.

from fat to skinny jeans only 48lb to go

ooo, good to know =] i cant wait to get some to try, also the hazelnut milk has caught my eye as well

Back