Almost at the end of my first week...

XxAbbiexX23

Dieting & Mummy To Ethan
..and I am an absolute mess.

I have struggled so hard this week with the diet.
I've not cheated or anything, I've just found it really hard to get back into the swing of it.
I guess it's because I've not had my first weigh in yet to settle me down. The routine of having my weigh in, then coming on here to update my ticker and generally just dealing with things has not happened yet.
It's so weird because I don't know why I'm feeling this way. For weeks, I've waited for so long to get back on LT and now I'm back on it, I can't understand why I'm struggling.
It's also hard because it's my birthday next Sunday and I'm not going to be able to do anything.
Thursday would have seen me reach my goal date which unfortunately due to so many things going wrong,isn't going to be happening.
I wanted to come off on the 30th, so I could refeed and then have a great birthday, but as it is, my birthday feel's like it's going to be a crap event.
I'm slacking on the water and kicking myself for it. *sigh*
Going to force myself to drink it.
Anyway, better go and make my first shake.
Sorry for the rant, just feeling a bit meh!!

Hi Abbie

Sorry to hear you are struggling sweetie....maybe you need to get on here a bit more for some support and just to see how others are doing, etc!

You sound down and negative, if you dont mind me saying....try and eradicate that, because with that frame of mind, you will surely keep struggling. Just remember that hard road to get back on LT.....try and recapture that feeling and how determined and excited you were to get back on. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!

It is so easy for us to fall back into that frame of mind; dont let it happen. Forget this birthday...I know that probably sounds cruel, but it is only one you will be missing...you can celebrate knowing you are doing something positive about your life and you will have many more birthdays to come at goal weight and feeling great about yourself.

I have had to miss my hubby's birthday and I always organise a big party, but it didnt happen this year! Doesnt matter, there is always next year.....

Keep being positive, keep looking further down the line and thinking how much weight you are losing sticking with it 100%. You cant do it alone, so keep coming on as often as you can.

You will struggle a bit if you dont down that water, it staves off the hunger and keeps your mind so alert.

Just remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!! And throw that negativity out of the window.

We all have faith that you can do this.

Weigh in isnt too far away; and you are doing brilliantly and at least you have said how you feel. That is much better than keeping into yourself.

Look forward to hearing all about that good weight loss...that will spur you on!

Tae care

I guess one thing to add is that you need to wean yourself off thinking of celebrations as necessarily being food and drink blow-outs. there are LOADS of things you can do which don't involve drinking or eating. Or you could just go out and stick to sparkling water, it really truly can be done.

You could... go to cinema... go bowling... go roller skating!.. go for a day out to a different town... go to a gallery... get dressed up and go somewhere posh for 'afternoon tea' but just have a black coffee/tea/water... have a girlie pampering pyjama party or afternoon session with friends - doesn't have to be expensive. do each other's hair/make-up/nails, watch a rom com and just enjoy company.

also, don't be so hard on yourself - week 1 is hard while you get into ketosis. but you know what it takes for success and you can recreate that success :)

take care and give yourself a break.

sorry to hear you feeling so down Abbie. pick yourself up and the weigh in will spur you on.

get on that water!!

do something to cheer yourself up - cinema, magazine, spot of window shopping, pampering etc. and that postive attitude will come back.

about your birthday - i agree with Scotsmist - let this one go - which birthday is it? is it a big one? because for next year's birthday - you'll be a svelt knock out and you just won't care that you didnt eat/drink on this one!!

xxx

Hi Abbie

Sorry to hear you are struggling sweetie....maybe you need to get on here a bit more for some support and just to see how others are doing, etc!

You sound down and negative, if you dont mind me saying....try and eradicate that, because with that frame of mind, you will surely keep struggling. Just remember that hard road to get back on LT.....try and recapture that feeling and how determined and excited you were to get back on. YOU CAN DO IT GIRL!!!

It is so easy for us to fall back into that frame of mind; dont let it happen. Forget this birthday...I know that probably sounds cruel, but it is only one you will be missing...you can celebrate knowing you are doing something positive about your life and you will have many more birthdays to come at goal weight and feeling great about yourself.

I have had to miss my hubby's birthday and I always organise a big party, but it didnt happen this year! Doesnt matter, there is always next year.....

Keep being positive, keep looking further down the line and thinking how much weight you are losing sticking with it 100%. You cant do it alone, so keep coming on as often as you can.

You will struggle a bit if you dont down that water, it staves off the hunger and keeps your mind so alert.

Just remember, YOU CAN DO IT!!! And throw that negativity out of the window.

We all have faith that you can do this.

Weigh in isnt too far away; and you are doing brilliantly and at least you have said how you feel. That is much better than keeping into yourself.

Look forward to hearing all about that good weight loss...that will spur you on!

Tae care

I'm really hoping that after my weigh in on Wednesday, I'll be fine. I've just been feeling so weepy the past week, it's been a nightmare.
It's just shocked me that I'm feeling this way and I'm trying to get back on the feel good wagon.

I guess one thing to add is that you need to wean yourself off thinking of celebrations as necessarily being food and drink blow-outs. there are LOADS of things you can do which don't involve drinking or eating. Or you could just go out and stick to sparkling water, it really truly can be done.

You could... go to cinema... go bowling... go roller skating!.. go for a day out to a different town... go to a gallery... get dressed up and go somewhere posh for 'afternoon tea' but just have a black coffee/tea/water... have a girlie pampering pyjama party or afternoon session with friends - doesn't have to be expensive. do each other's hair/make-up/nails, watch a rom com and just enjoy company.

also, don't be so hard on yourself - week 1 is hard while you get into ketosis. but you know what it takes for success and you can recreate that success :)

take care and give yourself a break.

I totally know where you're coming from and the funny thing is, I was able to go out to functions and not have things bother me. I went through endless parties and my friends birthday, Mothers day, my mum's birthday, Easter and Father's Day not having anything to eat or drink. The thing that just bugs me, is that from the very beginning of the diet, I'd always said I'd be taking a break for my birthday and I guess I'm feeling a tad resentful that it's not happened.

sorry to hear you feeling so down Abbie. pick yourself up and the weigh in will spur you on.

get on that water!!

do something to cheer yourself up - cinema, magazine, spot of window shopping, pampering etc. and that postive attitude will come back.

about your birthday - i agree with Scotsmist - let this one go - which birthday is it? is it a big one? because for next year's birthday - you'll be a svelt knock out and you just won't care that you didnt eat/drink on this one!!

xxx

It's going to take me a couple of days but I'm slowly coming round to thinking that my birthday will be there next year and that I'll be slimmer and happier so I'll enjoy it more. Just waiting for it to completely sink in.

Thanks everyone xxxx You're all fab!

It's going to take me a couple of days but I'm slowly coming round to thinking that my birthday will be there next year and that I'll be slimmer and happier so I'll enjoy it more. Just waiting for it to completely sink in.

That's our girl, that's the attitude :)

You will get there Abbie!! It is not surprising you are feeling weepy..you have had a bit of a rough ride the past few months.....dont be too hard on yourself, be kind to yourself.

I think some of the ideas Elle said are fab!!!!!! I would try and organise something that doesnt cost anything, but you are will people you love and who care for you.

Have a great week, roll on Wednesday; fingers and toes are crossed for ya sweetie!

Good luck getting back into the swing of things abbie, restarting is a hell of alot harder than the first time ive heard and the more you start and stop the harder it will get xx

Good luck at wi abbie i'm sure it will give u the confidance and encouragement you need and u will do great :)u can do it, u done it before and will be all so worth it ;)

Hiya,
this is my scond time around, and I am finding it MUCH harder. I think it has something to do with the fact you know how long it is going to take and realistically how hard it is going to be (to start with). When you do it first time around you think it will be a breeze and only be for 1 month !!!!!!!!
You CAN do it, you already have, at least this time around you will NOT be caught out. Be realistic, you know it works !
Love Mandy

Hi abbie hang in there, i have an idea i know it sounds silly, but, my birthday was on april 8th i decided to move it to Dec 8th this year because i hope to be at target by then and then i can celebrate without breaking my diet!!!!

Back