*Almost SYN-FREE* home-made soft cheese - in any flavour you like!

How did I miss this?!!!!

I'll be making this next week. Uber excited!

Thanks Erm. X

Laura_carlburgess said:
This sounds amazing going to try it. However what is a muslin cloth and where can i get one?

Use a pair of tights instead. Works just the same x

It worked. I made a garlic black pepper and salt version and I swear it tastes just like black pepper boursin.

I'd use less salt next time. Seriously good thanks.

:-D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120408_100620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120408_100620.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 222
I will be giving this a try, going to take it to work with my crisp bread. Thought I might add some sweet chilli sauce, worth the syns I think.

I made this with Total 0% , 3 garlic cloves and a teaspoon of chilli flakes yesterday- too much garlic but I will eat it ALL anyway. In moderation, and only with meals so its not food abuse. Thanks Ermintrude for the recipe x

I am definitely going to give this a try! I have been trying to find a good alternative for my beloved baked cheesecake, so i'll try this tomorrow.

If only i'd seen this post before going to bed!

Thanks xx

Oh I have just tried this and it is gorgeous! I made mine with fat free fromage frais, garlic and chives, and as I had an unused hex b today, I smothered some wholegrain ryvita with it - yummy!! I made it this morning and by this evening it was 'cooked'...a definite favourite now! The only thing I would do is add a teensy bit more salt to balance the acidity, and hey presto - perfection on a cracker!!

Just made a batch with Total '0%' yogurt. Added garlic and various herbs. Absolutely delicious! I added some to a Spaghetti Carbonara, it tasted so creamy!!! Thank you for such a brilliant idea!!!

Ermintrude, this is lovely and so easy! I used it in chicken kievs and was fab. Am thinking of using it with celery sticks/Carrott/cucumber etc as a snack at work (and to get more superfreee in)

This sounds amazing, wish I'd seen it before I went to buy all my SW things for the week!

Made this tonight and its delicious! Used natural yog as that's what I had in so it didn't make that much. I guess because its quite runny in the first place so not much curd to be left with. Still worked though. Will get some Greek yogurt tomorrow and try with jalapenos in.
Yum!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

This sounds interesting! Tho I'm just wondering wouldn't flavouring quark have the same effect and far less messing?

kingleds said:
I made this with Total 0% , 3 garlic cloves and a teaspoon of chilli flakes yesterday- too much garlic but I will eat it ALL anyway. In moderation, and only with meals so its not food abuse. Thanks Ermintrude for the recipe x

Your allowed to eat 0% total anytime so why would it be good abuse???

I'm definitely going to try this I really need a cheese fix every day. a great way to eat raw carrots celery and peppers etc. Will let you know how it turns out.

Why did no-one tell me this before - so trying this this weekend - mmmm syn free boursin

Definately looking forward to trying this! Haven't got a muslim cloth so I've finally got a use for those old pairs of tights ;)

Back